THE ERA OF TRUMP

SuburbanFarmer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:I swear to god if the narrative following the crash is that tax cuts were to blame I'm going to be grumpy
Turns out that dumping an extra trillion into the bond market, while the Fed is trying to unload 10x that amount, and raise rates, at the end of a business cycle isn’t a good idea for bond yields or your currency. Who knew? :lol:

Not even joking, if you really believe what you say here. You need to immediately beef up your home security.
I really do believe it, and I really am planning to. This weekend.

As I've been saying, I don't think we go mad max - we could still get away with a Depression, but it won't be pretty. I'd imagine some sort of martial law gets declared in the cities, but no idea what happens in the burbs.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am

Trump is a real life Tyler Durden.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 pm

In a FOIA case by Judicial Watch, a judge has ordered the DOJ/FBI to release 1.2 Million Documents related to FISAGate

That's a lot of documents.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Nobody expects it. That’s why it’s inevitable.

I should have answered differently though. Trumps followers will probably ditch him after a recession of any kind (coming momentarily). He will try to blame it on Obama or China, but he’s also owned every tick up in the markets for a year now. He’s going to regret that dearly.
Trump is an implement to me, he has already served a great deal of his purpose. How can you not like a guy that defeats both the Bush and Clinton Clans ?

He will be like most Presidents. Pros/Cons and a bunch of muddling stuff in the middle.
I no longer worry that Trump might be an imbecile. In fact, I'm more concerned his regressive 1%er policies, like privatizing infrastructure, will get implemented. The "Tax Reform" that did nothing but eliminate the Inheritance Tax is another example. (Remember, the personal tax rates revert back after a few years but the Inheritance Tax repeal is forever.) I'm glad The Collapse is going to happen on his watch.
Did nothing... :roll:

There's a walking path cutting across the entire UT campus.

When I came here last year for orientation, one side was fenced off to be redone.

When I started class in fall, the other half was fenced off being redone.

This semester, the side I was walking on last summer is fenced off again, being redone.

It didn't even last one year. Infinite public sector jobs program wasting tax payer money for a walking path.

It isn't even wholly unwarranted. The bricks they laid last summer look like shit now. It's like they're made of sandstone.

Public infrastructure is a joke. Privatize it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: Public infrastructure is a joke. Privatize it.
My only real legit concern is that I enjoy spaces where there is no consumerism.

I don't want to be on "Guarantee Insurance Boulevard," while taking my kids to "McDonald's Busy Town," to ride on the "American Airlines Super Looper Coaster."

This is legit. We already have evidence. Guarantee Insurance Stadium, indeed.

Why can't we have nice things? Why must we establish Buy-n-Large? Wouldn't life be more pleasant without constant advertisement? I think it harms us.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 pm

IMO, Water and Sewer Systems are a Government function as they directly relate to public health issues. Spend the money there, it's not sexy, not even as sexy as a new road, but necessary for a strong society.

Look at what's going on in San Fransisco, rather than fix public sanitation they put up a shit map to tell you where the highest concentrations of human shit are in the city. You think it's a coincidence California is going through a Hepatitas outbreak ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Kath wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: Public infrastructure is a joke. Privatize it.
My only real legit concern is that I enjoy spaces where there is no consumerism.

I don't want to be on "Guarantee Insurance Boulevard," while taking my kids to "McDonald's Busy Town," to ride on the "American Airlines Super Looper Coaster."

This is legit. We already have evidence. Guarantee Insurance Stadium, indeed.

Why can't we have nice things? Why must we establish Buy-n-Large? Wouldn't life be more pleasant without constant advertisement? I think it harms us.
Depends on the populace.

Compare LA with SLC.

Move to where there are better people.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:16 pm

What's this shit about Trump supporting a .25 cent federal gas tax hike? Get fucked Drumpf

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 pm

pineapplemike wrote:What's this shit about Trump supporting a .25 cent federal gas tax hike? Get fucked Drumpf
Can't wait for a trillion dollars worth of toll roads to come online, too. Winning!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 pm

pineapplemike wrote:What's this shit about Trump supporting a .25 cent federal gas tax hike? Get fucked Drumpf
That would really piss me off.
PLATA O PLOMO