THE ERA OF TRUMP

C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Asking the right questions at least. If only he was a leader....

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... ld-hostage
The Post piece goes on to detail the President’s many heresies:

“He has repeatedly pressed Mattis and McMaster in stark terms to explain why US troops are in Somalia. ‘Can’t we just pull out?’ he has asked, according to US officials.

“Last summer, Trump was weighing plans to send more soldiers to Afghanistan and was contemplating the military’s request for more-aggressive measures to target Islamic State affiliates in North Africa. In a meeting with his top national security aides, the president grew frustrated. ‘You guys want me to send troops everywhere,’ Trump said, according to officials in the Situation Room meeting. ‘What’s the justification?’”

Oh, the shocked silence in that room must have lasted for what seemed like forever. Then Mattis came up with the same old bullshit:

“‘Sir, we’re doing it to prevent a bomb from going off in Times Square,’ Mattis replied.”

Trump didn’t fall for it: “The response angered Trump, who insisted that Mattis could make the same argument about almost any country on the planet.” And the President wasn’t alone in his skepticism: “Attorney General Jeff Sessions echoed Trump’s concerns, asking whether winning was even possible in a place such as Afghanistan or Somalia.”

Here’s the scary part, which concludes the piece:

“It was Mattis who made the argument that would, for the moment at least, sway Trump to embrace the status quo – which has held for the past two presidents.

“‘Unfortunately, sir, you have no choice,’ Mattis told Trump, according to officials. ‘You will be a wartime president.’”

Thanks for that +1
This is where the Press really Fucked us. Trump was talking bringing the Troops home in the campaign, but the Press was too busy talking about grabbing pussy. Had the press accurately presented his campaigning we may just have had enough public support to end this silly shit.

Trump needs to get this done.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Asking the right questions at least. If only he was a leader....

“He has repeatedly pressed Mattis and McMaster in stark terms to explain why US troops are in Somalia. ‘Can’t we just pull out?’ he has asked, according to US officials.

“Last summer, Trump was weighing plans to send more soldiers to Afghanistan and was contemplating the military’s request for more-aggressive measures to target Islamic State affiliates in North Africa. In a meeting with his top national security aides, the president grew frustrated. ‘You guys want me to send troops everywhere,’ Trump said, according to officials in the Situation Room meeting. ‘What’s the justification?’”

Oh, the shocked silence in that room must have lasted for what seemed like forever. Then Mattis came up with the same old bullshit:

“‘Sir, we’re doing it to prevent a bomb from going off in Times Square,’ Mattis replied.”

Trump didn’t fall for it: “The response angered Trump, who insisted that Mattis could make the same argument about almost any country on the planet.” And the President wasn’t alone in his skepticism: “Attorney General Jeff Sessions echoed Trump’s concerns, asking whether winning was even possible in a place such as Afghanistan or Somalia.”

“It was Mattis who made the argument that would, for the moment at least, sway Trump to embrace the status quo – which has held for the past two presidents.

“‘Unfortunately, sir, you have no choice,’ Mattis told Trump, according to officials. ‘You will be a wartime president.’”

Thanks for that +1
This is where the Press really Fucked us. Trump was talking bringing the Troops home in the campaign, but the Press was too busy talking about grabbing pussy. Had the press accurately presented his campaigning we may just have had enough public support to end this silly shit.

but would they like a parade to mark the occasion?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Thanks for that +1

I don’t think it would’ve mattered. This will never happen. Infinite war is infinite.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Draft.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:23 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I don’t think it would’ve mattered. This will never happen. Infinite war is infinite.
Public Pressure matters, a lot.
Very unlikely we would have never gotten into WWII if we had not been directly attacked. Few Americans wanted to get into another European War.
We would have never left Iraq, had public pressure not built for "George Bush's Illegal War".

Don't fool yourself. The question is how to extract a nation from this mess. I thin Trump is the perfect person to do it, and he has the right attitude. It's just time for the US to look after American Interests first. I don't necessarily argue that we need to leave Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq tomorrow. But the explanation into far wider theatres were foolish considering we are at the limit of deployments the US military can stand without a Draft................. and Americans won't stand for a Draft. We need to refocus efforts and goals.

This idea that we can't ever pull out because if we get attacked they can blame it on lack of presence is bullshit. We've been attacked plenty. We need to understand we are being attacked because of hate and intolerance, not because we are 'over there'.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Draft.
Indeed.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

Yeah because America never started any stupid wars when they had a draft, that will save you from yourselves.
:lol:
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 am

First I've heard of Rose Monday in Germany. Their parade is so much better than our Rose Bowl Parade.

Great photos here... lmao - below is Trump and Un having a dick measuring contest.

https://www.rt.com/news/418563-germany- ... de-floats/
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

I used to go to the Dusseldorf parade when I was a kid. "72 to '75.
The floats always were satirical but they meant nothing to me aged 7.
My memories are of the sack fulls of sweets and toys my sister and I used to get from the tonnes thrown from the floats. Also the huge fireworks show in the evening.
The carnivals we have in the UK have always seemed pretty rubbish in comparison.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 am

Hahahaha