THE ERA OF TRUMP

K@th

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am

Maybe Rand should cheat on his wife, have another kid with wife 2, tell people he wants to shoot people on 5th avenue.... you know, things that get the electorate excited about a leader. :roll:
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am

It would be nice if Rand Paul was a better campaigner, but he just isn't, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to turn him into one, someone better tell Kath, not sure she gets it, too busy clinging to idealism to examine the realpolitik without blinders on, or so it seems.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 am

Kath wrote:Maybe Rand should cheat on his wife, have another kid with wife 2, tell people he wants to shoot people on 5th avenue.... you know, things that get the electorate excited about a leader. :roll:
Nah but if he was more of a political weather vane and knew how to blow sunshine up the American electorates ass without being unnecessarily restrained by ideological consistency, he would do much better. You may like consistent politicians, but the average voter doesn't know enough about any politician to realize whether they are consistent or not, they are barely even paying attention, if they are even paying attention at all. You got to grab them by telling what they want to hear, not telling them why they can't have what they want because fiscal conservatism is more important, that's political malpractice.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

StCapps wrote:It would be nice if Rand Paul was a better campaigner, but he just isn't, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to turn him into one, someone better tell Kath, not sure she gets it, too busy clinging to idealism to examine the realpolitik without blinders on, or so it seems.
It's weird how you think I shouldn't like a politician and what he stands for because he sucks at campaigning. WTF?
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:It would be nice if Rand Paul was a better campaigner, but he just isn't, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to turn him into one, someone better tell Kath, not sure she gets it, too busy clinging to idealism to examine the realpolitik without blinders on, or so it seems.
It's weird how you think I shouldn't like a politician and what he stands for because he sucks at campaigning. WTF?
I don't think that, I think you should admit that it's fairly obvious why Rand Paul isn't America's sweetheart, and stop the fantasy that he should be, just because you like him. I like Rand Paul, but I don't pretend he should be America's sweetheart, because I know America doesn't like his schtick compared to the competition he'll be facing, and he's a bad campaigner which makes it even bigger impossibility.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:52 am

He should be America's sweetheart. I see no other politician who has read, understands and actually wants to uphold the constitution. That's what Americans SHOULD want, Capps. I know the masses are morons - no need to remind me in every post. I get it.

Do you know what should means?
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am

Kath wrote:He should be America's sweetheart. I see no other politician who has read, understands and actually wants to uphold the constitution. That's what Americans SHOULD want, Capps. I know the masses are morons - no need to remind me in every post. I get it.

Do you know what should means?
Americans don't care about the constitution as much as you seem to think, that doesn't sell. If it doesn't sell, then he'll never be America's sweetheart as long he sticks to what doesn't sell as his primary pitch to voters. What you think should be the case is irrelevant, that doesn't change reality, so admit to the underlying reality, and stop inflating how skilled a politician Rand Paul is, just because you like his schtick.

One can like Rand Paul without acting incredulous about how more people don't like him, especially when it's fairly obvious why they don't, protip.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 am

My belief is in the near future there will be fertile ground amongst the electorate for martian candidates like Rand Paul, the odds are slim that we can capitalize on that. However, we just broke the glass ceiling on presidents. Trump is our first totally non governmental president in 240 years and the Government is Pissed about that simple fact.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 am

C-Mag wrote:My belief is in the near future there will be fertile ground amongst the electorate for martian candidates like Rand Paul, the odds are slim that we can capitalize on that. However, we just broke the glass ceiling on presidents. Trump is our first totally non governmental president in 240 years and the Government is Pissed about that simple fact.
That belief is wishful thinking, Trump didn't win because he was a martian candidate, he won because he told Americans what they wanted to hear, while Clinton wagged her finger and told them it was a bad idea, it wasn't the martian ideas that won over the electorate. If martian candidates don't start doing that, and they stick to wagging their fingers in the face of the electorate in the name of some ideal that they refuse to compromise on, then they no hope in hell, now or in the future.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 am

C-Mag wrote:My belief is in the near future there will be fertile ground amongst the electorate for martian candidates like Rand Paul, the odds are slim that we can capitalize on that. However, we just broke the glass ceiling on presidents. Trump is our first totally non governmental president in 240 years and the Government is Pissed about that simple fact.

Well, it's probably going to be Dwayne Johnson, though. Most of us don't like libertarians much, quite honestly.

All those political ideologies are garbage anyway. Libertarianism. Conservatism. Liberalism. Marxism. Progressivism. Fucking burn the garbage pile already. Don't throw a libertarian in my face and claim he's a fucking Martian candidate. He's not. He's the same old same old.