THE ERA OF TRUMP

C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
The more I think about it, the more important I think it is that we do it. IMO, the country needs to be reminded we are at war, and have been at war for 17 years. That's probably not the message they are going to present, but I hope it's something Americans would take out of it.
Americans can't figure out the depth of a tweet, but they are going to get the hidden meaning behind a propped up military extravaganza? The media and the democrats are 100% complicit in the never ending war; that won't be the focus.

Bah... I'm so disgusted. Bring the boys home. Honor them by not sending them to die for greed.
They'll figure it out, Trump's playing 4D Chess on em ;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Penner wrote:Normal roads can't hold the weight of tanks- is that right? I know freeways can hold a tank but can a normal city road- like the ones in DC and why would Trump even want one in the first place? It seems really unnecessary and a waste of money. If he really loved veterans/military why not just help out the VA system?
Tanks weight is spread evenly over a large foot print. Normal roads have no problems with tanks.
No Penner is right and moreso Washington DC is a swamp so if too many tanks go on the road all of Washington will sink. And if too many tanks are on the island of guam it will capsize.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I mean I'm not a huge military guy but I think it's a cool idea. Although I would much prefer a 100th anniversary WW1 parade, which would still tick off the military box while not being a gimmicky political stunt
July 4th suck it bitches. And their is research to back it up.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fourth-july-ma ... d=13979855

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Kath wrote:Pelosi has been filibustering for over six hours. :shock:
She is not filibustering. A member of the House cannot filibuster. If the Speaker wanted to shut her up he could quickly he also could unilaterally turn off the cameras, shut off the lights and clear the floor.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 pm

StCapps wrote:The Trump Haters always assume that Trump pisses off the electorate for the same reasons and to the same degree that it pisses them off, which leads to shitty analysis on why he does what he does. What the Trump Haters think are politically dumb moves, often aren't actually politically dumb moves, because the electorate doesn't share their views, they just think that they do. The same can be said about the haters of any POTUS, but with Trump Haters, they are extra blind to the electorate not sharing their opinions on Trump's actions or words, so the effect is quite exaggerated in the case of the current POTUS.
I made this point and of course his cowardly bitch ass didn't and won't respond.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kath wrote:I'm guessing this year's SOTU was his first one?

The R team sits during D SOTU's and the D team sits during the Rs. He clearly doesn't know this. I guess everyone in Congress is un-American. I mostly agree with him, though Rand Paul seems to like the constitution.
If you listen to the audio, he sounds like a comedian dying on stage. He’s desperate for a punchline, but the shock-jocking is wearing off.
He does know that is the dynamic, or he was told as much even if he didn't know previously, he is just feigning ignorance to score points, reacting the way the average American who doesn't pay attention to politics would if that was the first SOTU they watched. You always assume Trump doesn't know things, it's your default assumption whenever he speaks simply to get through to average American, why is that?

My guess is you vastly over-estimate how knowledgeable the average American is about the dynamics of the crowd when it comes to the SOTU, and also you over-estimate how much damage not sounding like a know-it-all does to Trump politically, just because you don't like his plain talk doesn't mean that the average American feels the same, quit projecting on the electorate.
As I said I made this point about his chicken little act. Oodly enough he never responded because he knows you are right.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Penner just compared the US military to a totalitarian regime responsible for the deaths of millions of its own people.

Did I call it, or did I call it?
Bup bup bup.
The comparison isn't between our military and their military. The comparison is between the types of people who get super excited about stuff like parades.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:32 am

Goose-stepping like Prussians wouldn't look very American. I assume GIs have a different style but I can't recall ever seeing a US military march. I know
US marching music sucks. It sounds effeminate to me.

My personal favorite among military marches is the French foreign legion. So much attitude.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:01 am

clubgop wrote:
StCapps wrote:The Trump Haters always assume that Trump pisses off the electorate for the same reasons and to the same degree that it pisses them off, which leads to shitty analysis on why he does what he does. What the Trump Haters think are politically dumb moves, often aren't actually politically dumb moves, because the electorate doesn't share their views, they just think that they do. The same can be said about the haters of any POTUS, but with Trump Haters, they are extra blind to the electorate not sharing their opinions on Trump's actions or words, so the effect is quite exaggerated in the case of the current POTUS.
I made this point and of course his cowardly bitch ass didn't and won't respond.
Well pardon me for not responding to you while I was asleep. I stayed up till 5am discussing things with people who can hold a conversation without resorting to calling me a child fucker. If I don't wake up 40 minutes later to respond to the likes of you and Okie Dokey it is not an act of cowardliness.
You are falling into the trap of accusing me of not accepting how 50% of the US interpret Trump's 4d moves when you clearly don't understand how the 50% who oppose him think.
Now respond to me immediately you cowardly bitch, come on, sleep is no excuse you yellow bellied hypocritical narrow minded fucktard.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Well pardon me for not responding to you while I was asleep. I stayed up till 5am discussing things with people who can hold a conversation without resorting to calling me a child fucker. If I don't wake up 40 minutes later to respond to the likes of you and Okie Dokey it is not an act of cowardliness.
You are falling into the trap of accusing me of not accepting how 50% of the US interpret Trump's 4d moves when you clearly don't understand how the 50% who oppose him think.
Now respond to me immediately you cowardly bitch, come on, sleep is no excuse you yellow bellied hypocritical narrow minded fucktard.
We understand how the Dems and other Trump haters think, what the Dems/Trump haters don't understand is what Trump thinks, which is why he wins so goddamn often, know thy enemy, and Trump knows the Dems and his haters better than they know him. So the haters walk into traps repeatedly thinking they are somehow winning, because they project their feelings toward Trump's actions and words on the electorate, thinking most people must agree with them and not Trump, when precisely the opposite is often true.

Attacking Trump for wanting a military parade, that's just one example of this dynamic playing out.
*yip*