THE ERA OF TRUMP

Montegriffo

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:What exactly is the point of this parade thought? I mean does he just want to stand there saluting the marching troops? Does he want tanks to go down Pennsylvania Ave? Does he want nukes to the role by him- what? I mean troops already do march in parades in this country before. LIke in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade but this sounds so random, in my opinion. It's like he thought to himself, "I what if troops march down Pennsylvania Ave? Just like in those other countries they show on the news."
Having thousands of troops march past saluting him would massage his fragile ego but I don't think that should necessarily be a reason not to respect the sacrifices the armed forces have made while serving their country. I suppose it would depend on his true motives for suggesting it in the first place.
Yes, we should support the troops but there are many other ways we can do that. I mean we already have holidays to recognized their service/sacrifice but we can probably do so much more. Like fix the VA, or maybe have more mental health programs available for vets, etc... A parade sounds so useless and a waste of taxpayers money, IMO.
I tend to agree with you but protesting about it will only look like TDS or an attack on the military itself. It's not a winable situation really, best to let him get on with it and end up looking like a tin pot dictator feeding his fragile ego.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 pm

You're all getting drafted.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Fascism is a unifying cause if not in the optics party alone. I tend to agree with Monte. This is really a lose lose for lefty-wefties no matter how they try and spin it. Here's something that can't be fucked up. Oh sure the media will make it as unflattering as possible but nobody that likes a good military parade and show of force is going to be listening to some CNN Don Lemon cry crocodile tears about it. I mean they will just be preaching to the quire in any case.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 pm

They are going to die on this hill. Just watch.

Degenerate gay pride parades: encouraged.

Military parades: OMFG it's hateful and wrong!

They cannot help themselves. They have to realize how bad that looks to many Americans, but they cannot hold back.

It's genius trolling.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 pm

I'm neither for nor against a parade. I want us out of war. That's first.

In terms of morale, if a parade gets the job done, then I'm 100% in. If the troops & vets are thinking, 'fuck a parade, how about keeping promises made, buddy?" (or something similar,) than do that.

The people who are getting the "boost," should have a voice about what will make them feel boosted.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They are going to die on this hill. Just watch.

They cannot help themselves. They have to realize how bad that looks to many Americans, but they cannot hold back.

It's genius trolling.
Trolling as Presidential policy is not a good look though. Plenty of ways this can backfire yet.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Kath wrote:I'm neither for nor against a parade. I want us out of war. That's first.

In terms of morale, if a parade gets the job done, then I'm 100% in. If the troops & vets are thinking, 'fuck a parade, how about keeping promises made, buddy?" (or something similar,) than do that.

The people who are getting the "boost," should have a voice about what will make them feel boosted.
The more I think about it, the more important I think it is that we do it. IMO, the country needs to be reminded we are at war, and have been at war for 17 years. That's probably not the message they are going to present, but I hope it's something Americans would take out of it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The more I think about it, the more important I think it is that we do it. IMO, the country needs to be reminded we are at war, and have been at war for 17 years. That's probably not the message they are going to present, but I hope it's something Americans would take out of it.
Americans can't figure out the depth of a tweet, but they are going to get the hidden meaning behind a propped up military extravaganza? The media and the democrats are 100% complicit in the never ending war; that won't be the focus.

Bah... I'm so disgusted. Bring the boys home. Honor them by not sending them to die for greed.
Account abandoned.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
He never served in the military but want to a military academy for grade schooling (and maybe for high school as well).
Private school. Most of those academies are eighth grade to graduation

Yeah, but private school isn't the military.
A private military academy derpistan. And you are right they are not the same, except for Basic the private academies are hell of a lot more regimented.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They are going to die on this hill. Just watch.

It's genius trolling.
Trolling as Presidential policy is not a good look though. Plenty of ways this can backfire yet.
That would take an opposition that is measured and rational not one who runs to mommy for censorship and screams "weesa gonna die" for every fucking thing. Luckily for him and others no such opposition exists.