THE ERA OF TRUMP

TheReal_ND

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Penner wrote:So he wants a parade- like this one, but in America using American troops?

Like this one but in America using American* troops

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Penner wrote:So he wants a parade- like this one, but in America using American troops?

I dunno, yeah? There should be a reason and it should be handled properly in my perfect world as I suggested, but if it isn't, then what? Americans get to see a bunch of cool military shit? Foreign countries probably see more of our military equipment than we do, I hope they do an air show for us too

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:02 pm

pineapplemike wrote:

I dunno, yeah? There should be a reason and it should be handled properly in my perfect world as I suggested, but if it isn't, then what? Americans get to see a bunch of cool military shit? Foreign countries probably see more of our military equipment than we do, I hope they do an air show for us too
This just seems so weird and random and there seems to be no rationale. He never served in the military but want to a military academy for grade schooling (and maybe for high school as well).

Eh, in my opinion, air shows are kind of boring to watch. I would rather be flying those planes than watching them on the ground.
Last edited by Penner on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Prepare to be underwhelmed

Heheh. White walled tires

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Penner wrote:What? All I am doing is asking questions. I mean what would one look like? I don't' think it ever happened in recent memory. Maybe one after the ending of the Gulf War but want would it look like? All I have to go by are those old pictures and videos of dictatorships having their military parades. I have seen these old films but what would an American one look like?

Sure. You're just asking questions.

That's why you keep comparing the US military to communist dictatorships. You're just asking questions.

I hope he announces a mandatory draft at the damn thing.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Penner wrote:What exactly is the point of this parade thought? I mean does he just want to stand there saluting the marching troops? Does he want tanks to go down Pennsylvania Ave? Does he want nukes to the role by him- what? I mean troops already do march in parades in this country before. LIke in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade but this sounds so random, in my opinion. It's like he thought to himself, "I what if troops march down Pennsylvania Ave? Just like in those other countries they show on the news."
Having thousands of troops march past saluting him would massage his fragile ego but I don't think that should necessarily be a reason not to respect the sacrifices the armed forces have made while serving their country. I suppose it would depend on his true motives for suggesting it in the first place.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:09 pm

He never served in the military but want to a military academy for grade schooling (and maybe for high school as well).
Private school. Most of those academies are eighth grade to graduation

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:19 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
He never served in the military but want to a military academy for grade schooling (and maybe for high school as well).

Yeah, but private school isn't the military.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:What exactly is the point of this parade thought? I mean does he just want to stand there saluting the marching troops? Does he want tanks to go down Pennsylvania Ave? Does he want nukes to the role by him- what? I mean troops already do march in parades in this country before. LIke in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade but this sounds so random, in my opinion. It's like he thought to himself, "I what if troops march down Pennsylvania Ave? Just like in those other countries they show on the news."
Having thousands of troops march past saluting him would massage his fragile ego but I don't think that should necessarily be a reason not to respect the sacrifices the armed forces have made while serving their country. I suppose it would depend on his true motives for suggesting it in the first place.
Yes, we should support the troops but there are many other ways we can do that. I mean we already have holidays to recognized their service/sacrifice but we can probably do so much more. Like fix the VA, or maybe have more mental health programs available for vets, etc... A parade sounds so useless and a waste of taxpayers money, IMO.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Yeah, but private school isn't the military.
Nope. Not even one run by Vietnam vets. Still. You get the taste for it. I'm not surprised he's a big fan of the military really. The military is implicitly White. He's a White Nationalist getting ready to hold a fascist parade. Best timeline.

Edit: just realized his DI's would have been WWII and Korean vets. Fucking based