THE ERA OF TRUMP

SuburbanFarmer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Kath wrote:I'm guessing this year's SOTU was his first one?
"Even on positive news — really positive news, like that — they were like death and un-American. Un-American," Trump complained. "Somebody said treasonous. Yeah, I guess, why not? Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."
The R team sits during D SOTU's and the D team sits during the Rs. He clearly doesn't know this. I guess everyone in Congress is un-American. I mostly agree with him, though Rand Paul seems to like the constitution.
If you listen to the audio, he sounds like a comedian dying on stage. He’s desperate for a punchline, but the shock-jocking is wearing off.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kath wrote:I'm guessing this year's SOTU was his first one?
"Even on positive news — really positive news, like that — they were like death and un-American. Un-American," Trump complained. "Somebody said treasonous. Yeah, I guess, why not? Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."
The R team sits during D SOTU's and the D team sits during the Rs. He clearly doesn't know this. I guess everyone in Congress is un-American. I mostly agree with him, though Rand Paul seems to like the constitution.
If you listen to the audio, he sounds like a comedian dying on stage. He’s desperate for a punchline, but the shock-jocking is wearing off.
He does know that is the dynamic, or he was told as much even if he didn't know previously, he is just feigning ignorance to score points, reacting the way the average American who doesn't pay attention to politics would if that was the first SOTU they watched. You always assume Trump doesn't know things, it's your default assumption whenever he speaks simply to get through to average American, why is that?

My guess is you vastly over-estimate how knowledgeable the average American is about the dynamics of the crowd when it comes to the SOTU, and also you over-estimate how much damage not sounding like a know-it-all does to Trump politically, just because you don't like his plain talk doesn't mean that the average American feels the same, quit projecting on the electorate.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Please clap.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:08 pm

The Trump Haters always assume that Trump pisses off the electorate for the same reasons and to the same degree that it pisses them off, which leads to shitty analysis on why he does what he does. What the Trump Haters think are politically dumb moves, often aren't actually politically dumb moves, because the electorate doesn't share their views, they just think that they do. The same can be said about the haters of any POTUS, but with Trump Haters, they are extra blind to the electorate not sharing their opinions on Trump's actions or words, so the effect is quite exaggerated in the case of the current POTUS.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

President Trump wants to celebrate the troops with a big, beautiful military parade through Washington, DC.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/trump-iss ... ington-dc/

The Pentagon and White House officials are in discussions to hold a grand event this year featuring soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the streets of the nation’s capital to highlight America’s armed forces, the Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The commander-in-chief has been pushing for an American military parade after being wowed at France’s Bastille Day celebration last summer in Paris with French President Emmanuel Macron. Trump admitted being dazzled by an array of crisply dressed French troops marching down Avenue des Champs-Elysees accompanied by tanks and other armored vehicles, with F-16 fighter jets providing air power above and blowing streaks of blue, white and red smoke to represent the French flag.

Fulfilling the president’s wish became more of a priority when Trump personally discussed the matter during a Jan. 18 meeting with top generals at the Pentagon. The attendees, who included Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford, took Trump’s wish as an order, officials told the Washington Post.

“The president wants to do something that highlights the service and sacrifice of the military and have a unifying moment for the country,” one official said.

No date has been set for the celebration. The Pentagon reportedly prefers Veterans Day on Nov. 11 — which would coincide with the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I.
:auto-dirtbike: :character-yoshi: :chores-mowlawn: :auto-biker: :character-bowser: :auto-car: :character-mario: :character-luigi: :auto-sportbike: :obscene-moneypiss:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:29 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
President Trump wants to celebrate the troops with a big, beautiful military parade through Washington, DC.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/trump-iss ... ington-dc/

The Pentagon and White House officials are in discussions to hold a grand event this year featuring soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the streets of the nation’s capital to highlight America’s armed forces, the Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The commander-in-chief has been pushing for an American military parade after being wowed at France’s Bastille Day celebration last summer in Paris with French President Emmanuel Macron. Trump admitted being dazzled by an array of crisply dressed French troops marching down Avenue des Champs-Elysees accompanied by tanks and other armored vehicles, with F-16 fighter jets providing air power above and blowing streaks of blue, white and red smoke to represent the French flag.

Fulfilling the president’s wish became more of a priority when Trump personally discussed the matter during a Jan. 18 meeting with top generals at the Pentagon. The attendees, who included Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford, took Trump’s wish as an order, officials told the Washington Post.

“The president wants to do something that highlights the service and sacrifice of the military and have a unifying moment for the country,” one official said.

No date has been set for the celebration. The Pentagon reportedly prefers Veterans Day on Nov. 11 — which would coincide with the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I.
:auto-dirtbike: :character-yoshi: :chores-mowlawn: :auto-biker: :character-bowser: :auto-car: :character-mario: :character-luigi: :auto-sportbike: :obscene-moneypiss:
It will be before the elections. Democrats, CNN, Wapo, NYT, and the rest will come out against the military.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Parades, eh?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Fucking Troops are going to need some time to learn how to march if they want to pull this off. I doubt very many of them could execute an Eyes Right much less a counter column or Flank March. D & C has just gone away, and for good reason, not much time for close order drill.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 am

C-Mag wrote:Fucking Troops are going to need some time to learn how to march if they want to pull this off. I doubt very many of them could execute an Eyes Right much less a counter column or Flank March. D & C has just gone away, and for good reason, not much time for close order drill.
Do you like this idea? When is the last time we did that, if ever?
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 am

Probably haven’t done a big one since WWII, no?

How many people would be excited vs how many sickened by the expense of it?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace