How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Speaker to Animals

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If only we could get remove health care form employment.. What could possibly solve that problem?
Not sure. It was a bonus of all things during the 50's. Instead of housing or other things some great unionized companies bankrolled health care for good employees they wanted to attract. Then congress caught wind of what they were doing and made it mandatory shortly after.

Medicare.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:29 pm

ok

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Cuckservatives have been warning each other that Trump is going to do it for a few months now:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/ ... bcd5c0165b

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Lou Dobbs calls on Paul Ryan to resign. :clap: :clap: :clap:
https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/841 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Please someone start a Petition.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If only we could get remove health care form employment.. What could possibly solve that problem?
Not sure. It was a bonus of all things during the 50's. Instead of housing or other things some great unionized companies bankrolled health care for good employees they wanted to attract. Then congress caught wind of what they were doing and made it mandatory shortly after.

It was also an effect of the Second World War as the economy was short workers between the draft, and the buildup. With all resources going towards the war effort everybody had work because if you weren't in the military, you were involved in something related to it. Everybody had money, but nobody could actually buy anything because of rationing of everything except air.

So, even if you could offer more money, nothing to buy, and since many working til they dropped anyways, and had their pick of employers, in order to attract as many people as possible, alternatives were used. Things that could be done to make working easier, and more desirable, than either not working, or working for the competing companies, was offered. Cafeterias, busing, free daycare, free medical care.

Mom could be enticed to join all her friends, neighbors, and family, along with Billy the Bum at the factory, and to keep them working 6+ days a week, there was daycare for the kids, food for everyone, medical care for evey one, perhaps throw in carpooling, or busing to get them from bed to work/school and back Think of it as a less extravagant, or bonkers, working environment at some of the modern tech places. Of course, instead of making apps, Mom was making artillery shells. :-)

Once the war ended, the women were fired, and all the extras were dumped, except for the medical benefits. Not taxed, and since most everybody could get work, or marry somebody who did, a nice workaround.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 am

ssu wrote:
The Conservative wrote:People need to realize there is a difference between health care and health insurance...
With universal health care there isn't such difference: you don't need to buy separately health insurance, even if people can have voluntary health insurances.

Just to give an example,

Here's a quick prime on an universal health care system, which uh, is cheaper per capita than the US system:

And here is that health care system compared to the US health care system (from 2014):

I am not saying it's perfect, but let me ask this...when the majority of the money we spend to get health care doesn't actually go to it... don't you see a problem with that?
#NotOneRedCent

ssu

Post by ssu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:22 am

The Conservative wrote: I am not saying it's perfect, but let me ask this...when the majority of the money we spend to get health care doesn't actually go to it... don't you see a problem with that?
Asking me? Oh yes?

It's really puzzling. But perhaps Americans have this uncontrollable urge or passion to give their money to lawyers, insurance companies and corporations rich and not have similar public services that other Western countries enjoy... that cost less even in Norway.

Or then they fall for these kind of ads about the perils of public health services, or believe in death panels etc.:

And let's remember what Trump said:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 am

C-Mag wrote:Lou Dobbs calls on Paul Ryan to resign. :clap: :clap: :clap:
https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/841 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Please someone start a Petition.
Just enough rope to hang himself with.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:20 am

ssu wrote:
The Conservative wrote: I am not saying it's perfect, but let me ask this...when the majority of the money we spend to get health care doesn't actually go to it... don't you see a problem with that?
Asking me? Oh yes?

It's really puzzling. But perhaps Americans have this uncontrollable urge or passion to give their money to lawyers, insurance companies and corporations rich and not have similar public services that other Western countries enjoy... that cost less even in Norway.

Or then they fall for these kind of ads about the perils of public health services, or believe in death panels etc.:

And let's remember what Trump said:
I honestly don't care about other countries... the US does have a suing problem, and honestly it needs to be curbed. Lawsuits for real problems, such as removing a testicle when they were meant to remove a tumor...or death caused by a botched surgery, but bullshit lawsuits... forget it.

I believe we could have a form of universal healthcare, but to do so would means standardizing the cost of things, and allowing coverage across state lines...

As well as that, it would also require something to allow our data to be viewable between medical entities, such as CareCloud.

I personally believe that the medical system in the US needs a shakeup, not because it doesn't work, it does... I think it needs a shakeup in a way that people have access to it.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 am

ssu wrote:
Asking me? Oh yes?

Not Americans. Just our batshit government. Most of us don't understand, or are too frustrated to pay attention to this sort of thing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0