Public School Education System Thread

Ex-California

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:15 am

Fife wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
Define "community" as you used it in that sentence. I think I know what you mean, but I don't want to respond until you have clarified (if you think you need to).
Vaguest sense of the word possible. All sizes of community from neighborhood to world
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 am

AndrewBennett wrote: The minority shouldn't be able to change the majority's beliefs.
Explain how the whack jobs who think the earth is 6,000 years old are going to convince 300+ million people that that's the way it is.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:24 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Fife wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
Define "community" as you used it in that sentence. I think I know what you mean, but I don't want to respond until you have clarified (if you think you need to).
Vaguest sense of the word possible. All sizes of community from neighborhood to world

Wow, understood, but not quite what I expected.

I advise you take care to stay inside the majority opinion du jour, no matter what. Just be ready to acknowledge, think, and proclaim through violence if necessary, that we have always been at war with Eastasia. You should be fine.
Last edited by Fife on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:24 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
apeman wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:I just made an offer, and despite me being preapproved for "good" loans I'm going to take out every shady and exotic option possible to make my monthly payment lower. Fuck the banks
AB, please elaborate, let us in on the plan
FHA and interest only. Will refinance or sell in 5-7 years.

I don't like the high school that this place is in so we'll be leaving this new place then regardless (or private school)
The Fed pretends to want to hike rates 3-4 times in 2017 (take with grain of salt), watch your back.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:30 am

Kath wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: The minority shouldn't be able to change the majority's beliefs.
Explain how the whack jobs who think the earth is 6,000 years old are going to convince 300+ million people that that's the way it is.
Because these whack jobs are getting that shit put in school textbooks. For a group of people so worried about "liberal indoctrination" it is sure curious to me that religious indoctrination is A-OK
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:32 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Kath wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
Which department will the the arbiter of truth? How will we enforce it when a parent tells their child something that goes against the government's established "truth?"
Oh I don't know, you're right because I don't want a federal department of good thoughts, but actually allowing Creationism to be taught in schools bothers me. There has to be a balance.

That being said, parents can just use it as a teaching moment about different theories, or send to a private school or home school. The minority shouldn't be able to change the majority's beliefs.
If schools want to teach creationism they should be allowed to. If you don't want to send your kid to a school that teaches creationism you don't have to. Forcing people to go to a school that doesn't teach creationism even if they want to attend such a school, is stupid. The majority should not be able impose their beliefs on the majority just because they think the minority is teaching dumb shit. Who made y'all the arbiters of truth?

If you don't want your kids being indoctrinated then outlawing indoctrination of a specific variety being taught in schools is certainly not the answer. Stop conflating teaching creationism with child abuse, it's asinine.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:32 am

Fife wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
Fife wrote:

Wow, understood, but not quite what I expected.

I advise you take care to stay inside the majority opinion du jour, no matter what. Just be ready to acknowledge, think, and proclaim through violence if necessary, that we have always been at war with Eastasia. You should be fine.
"Community stepping in for abuse of children" = Everyone in the world needs to do that, regardless of issue

The next part about the school textbooks was drilled down to a more local level. I don't want China or India telling me what to do, in fact, I think a preemptive nuclear holocaust on the whole area would do great as a world reset

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 am

StCapps wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
Kath wrote: Which department will the the arbiter of truth? How will we enforce it when a parent tells their child something that goes against the government's established "truth?"
Oh I don't know, you're right because I don't want a federal department of good thoughts, but actually allowing Creationism to be taught in schools bothers me. There has to be a balance.

That being said, parents can just use it as a teaching moment about different theories, or send to a private school or home school. The minority shouldn't be able to change the majority's beliefs.
If schools want to teach creationism they should be allowed to. If you don't want to send your kid to a school that teaches creationism you don't have to. Forcing people to go to a school that doesn't teach creationism even if they want to attend such a school, is stupid. The majority should not be able impose their beliefs on the majority just because they think the minority is teaching dumb shit. Who made y'all the arbiters of truth?
These are public schools provided by the government. Teaching creationism within is a violation of church and state

If someone wants to go to a private school and learn bullshit, have at it. I even support partial vouchers

Truth? Truth is teaching something that has been developed over the last 3000 years of civilization, not something based on the beliefs of Middle Eastern nomadic herders

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:40 am

AndrewBennett wrote:"Community stepping in for abuse of children" = Everyone in the world needs to do that, regardless of issue

The next part about the school textbooks was drilled down to a more local level. I don't want China or India telling me what to do, in fact, I think a preemptive nuclear holocaust on the whole area would do great as a world reset
Preemptive nuclear war to protect the integrity of government "educational" norms.

Seems legit. :drunk:

You could do your testing on OK and north TX. You're going to have to do it anyway to insure there's no climate denialism going on, especially in secret, so just make it part of the beta testing.

:goteam:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:43 am

Fife wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:"Community stepping in for abuse of children" = Everyone in the world needs to do that, regardless of issue

Preemptive nuclear war to protect the integrity of government "educational" norms.

Seems legit. :drunk:

You could do your testing on OK and north TX. You're going to have to do it anyway to insure there's no climate denialism going on, especially in secret, so just make it part of the beta testing.

:goteam:
Nope. Twisting my words

Maybe I should start hitting the return button more.

The part about school textbooks = national issue

<return> <new subject>

China or India telling me what to do? I don't want that to happen ever

<return> <new subject> <joke>

Preemptive nuclear holocaust = Reset of world population, reset of trade imbalances, reset of massive polluters, reset of ecological destruction, etc.