THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

clubgop wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:Exactly how long do we plan on carrying out this war? What are the parameters for victory?
Dude, you didn't hear? We're gonna gobble up Islam! I should go listen to that series again.
What are you referring too?
Decline of the west podcast. Same guy that does martyr made. One episode was about spheres of influence in conflict, and he mentioned that the Islamist sphere has pretty much already lost, it's just waiting for a mercy killing.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act has nothing to do with law enforcement, you can tell by the parts where it says "Foreign" and "Intelligence", a FISA warrant does not authorize the collection of evidence, intelligence is not evidence, never was, and the military is not required to provide evidence of a crime before engaging a target, never was.

The NSA fights wars, wars are not subject to evidence, laws of armed conflict; military necessity, collateral mitigation, proportionate use of force.
Someone tell that to the FBI.
While I agree with you in the main and was for the original authorization watching this shitshow in action especially under the Obama Administration makes me want to slam the pause button. They had their chance, they blew it, now I want to tug on the reigns.
Tug in the reins on what? You want to deny the internet to the NSA and FBI? So what intelligence will they have to collect then? You want them to what, listen to the analogue on the 1980's era ECHELON net? There's nothing on that net, it's just static now, so what would be the point of that?
Get a warrant. FBI can get a warrant. I don't want FBI doing intelligence in the way you talk about it, not at all. They abused it send them to their rooms with no dinner.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Which was exactly backwards. These spiritually-anxious western Marxists are embracing Islam, not the other way around.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm

What's the over/under on when we (Americans) will have zero privacy or 4th Amendment rights...2025...earlier or later?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act has nothing to do with law enforcement, you can tell by the parts where it says "Foreign" and "Intelligence", a FISA warrant does not authorize the collection of evidence, intelligence is not evidence, never was, and the military is not required to provide evidence of a crime before engaging a target, never was.

The NSA fights wars, wars are not subject to evidence, laws of armed conflict; military necessity, collateral mitigation, proportionate use of force.
FISA was used to authorize wire tapping Trump tower based on made up stories about someone they don't like.

Shut it down.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:Exactly how long do we plan on carrying out this war? What are the parameters for victory?
The parameters for victory is that you carry on with your generally safe and happy existence without being struck in a mass casualty terrorist attack from overseas, what would you prefer, 767 upside the head at 500 knots? IS suicide attack on Monday Night Football?
So it's a perpetual war? My happiness and general safety are my victory? Who is the enemy? Where is the battlefield? I'll grant you that you're the military wizard, and I don't disagree about the lethal effectiveness of warrantless spy capabilities, but how long is it before this war escalates to the homeland? Why can't a domestic terror network carry out a mass casualty attack instead of an overseas terror network? I don't feel very happy or safe knowing that I am vulnerable to a mass casualty suicide attack from within after being promised safety from afar.

I do suppose it's possible that this war is creating more enemies than it's killing, what with that whole blowback and 'you cant defeat an ideology' argument. Nevermind the US support and funding of volatile rebel networks overseas that one day may prove to be a threat to my happiness and safety.

Furthermore why should I trust the military leaders or national security organizations to act in the interest of me, Joe Blow private citizen? God knows they've lied to me before. Doesn't make me feel very safe or happy to surrender power to them.

But that's just me

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 pm

clubgop wrote:Get a warrant. FBI can get a warrant. I don't want FBI doing intelligence in the way you talk about it, not at all. They abused it send them to their rooms with no dinner.
Section 702 is a warrant, granted by FISA, to the Attorney General and Director of National Intelligence, to surveill a target by means of "electronic communications service provider" (the internet) for up to one year, with the following limitations;

May not intentionally target any person known at the time of acquisition to be located in the United States;

May not intentionally target a person reasonably believed to be located outside the United States if the purpose of such acquisition is to target a particular, known person reasonably believed to be in the United States;

May not intentionally target a United States person reasonably believed to be located outside the United States;

May not intentionally acquire any communication as to which the sender and all intended recipients are known at the time of the acquisition to be located in the United States;

and

Shall be conducted in a manner consistent with the fourth amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

So, what's the problem, again?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
The parameters for victory is that you carry on with your generally safe and happy existence without being struck in a mass casualty terrorist attack from overseas, what would you prefer, 767 upside the head at 500 knots? IS suicide attack on Monday Night Football?
So it's a perpetual war? My happiness and general safety are my victory? Who is the enemy? Where is the battlefield? I'll grant you that you're the military wizard, and I don't disagree about the lethal effectiveness of warrantless spy capabilities, but how long is it before this war escalates to the homeland? Why can't a domestic terror network carry out a mass casualty attack instead of an overseas terror network? I don't feel very happy or safe knowing that I am vulnerable to a mass casualty suicide attack from within after being promised safety from afar.

I do suppose it's possible that this war is creating more enemies than it's killing, what with that whole blowback and 'you cant defeat an ideology' argument. Nevermind the US support and funding of volatile rebel networks overseas that one day may prove to be a threat to my happiness and safety.

Furthermore why should I trust the military leaders or national security organizations to act in the interest of me, Joe Blow private citizen? God knows they've lied to me before. Doesn't make me feel very safe or happy to surrender power to them.

But that's just me
FISA Section 702 does not authorize the military to target domestic terrorists, it specifically prohibits the military from targeting Americans in the United States, so FISA Section 702 is saying exactly what you're saying, fight the war up to the waterline, where Posse Comitatus comes into effect, at which point, you'll need a specific FISA warrant, so what's your problem again?
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:What's the over/under on when we (Americans) will have zero privacy or 4th Amendment rights...2025...earlier or later?
10 years ago.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Someone tell that to the FBI.
While I agree with you in the main and was for the original authorization watching this shitshow in action especially under the Obama Administration makes me want to slam the pause button. They had their chance, they blew it, now I want to tug on the reigns.
Tug in the reins on what? You want to deny the internet to the NSA and FBI? So what intelligence will they have to collect then? You want them to what, listen to the analogue on the 1980's era ECHELON net? There's nothing on that net, it's just static now, so what would be the point of that?
There is doubt that these powers are being used to fight the right war.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751