Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 am

"Let's kill all the lawyers."

-- William Shakespeare

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 am

A reasoned defense of Shitholery:

"A wretched place... (a) a dirty or dilapidated dwelling; (b) a remote, downtrodden, or unpleasant city, town, etc."
"Shithole" is a perfectly good rude, slangy word. It has a great history, and it's vivid and effective. It is not a racial term, and shame on the people who are making it racist. I wonder if these people ever think of the pain and damage they are causing by proclaiming and insisting upon a connection between dark skin and excrement. They're revealing what's in their head, and they don't mind burdening dark-skinned people with the knowledge that they are being thought about like that.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 am

Martin Hash wrote:I’m for all “Ms.”

And anyone who calls themselves a “foody.”
Militant vegetarians.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 am

This is all a tempest in a shithole...

Full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

In this case I nod to Capps.

This is Trump artistry....

Maybe not 3D-chess. But a decent move with his rook.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am

If Trump had put it in a speech, I would say that would be quite unprofessional, but was said behind closed doors, the people who made it public, were the Democrats, just itching to run out and blabber about what they heard at a meeting, which is actually who are the unprofessionals, and now they're vastly overplaying their hands, again.

As I say tho, Trump knew they were in the room, and he probably knew what they would do, so strikes me as being bait, which they took hook line and sinker.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:52 am

Sadly, this one is a direct hit.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 am

There's nothing in FISA Section 702 which allows for Americans to be deliberately targeted, that I am aware of.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 am

Fife wrote:Sadly, this one is a direct hit.

Not the correct meme though. The look on the girlfriends face portrays a sense of betrayal certainly not a delight in successful distraction.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 am

FISA Section 702 merely extends to the digital, what was already the case with regards to telephony, if an American is communicating with an overseas target, there's no warrant required, never was the case, I suppose you could go with no Signals Intelligence whatsoever in order to avoid any American ever being in the SIGINT target acquisition loop, but is that really what the public is calling for?

I think if you put it to the public; "do you want us to try to intercept the communications of enemy agents?", they would say yes, if you asked them "what if an American comes bumbling into the target area for whatever reason, should we cease acquisition?", they would say no.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 am

Amazon, Google, Apple, and the government have us under surveillance at all times.

This is an outrage that is only mitigated by the fact that 99.999% are boring nobodies, that would only be put under individual surveillance to punish the new hire.

Doesn’t make it right. Doesn’t make it *not* an outrage. But it does explain why it happens without mass revolt.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"