THE ERA OF TRUMP

nmoore63

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Gary Johnson was running for Hillary. His running mate literally admitted on national television they were in it to help Hillary beat Trump. https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/ ... ton-230622

It was Trump or Clinton. That was your choice. The other two candidates were just Clinton too.
Bill Weld's statement there, caused me to vote for someone else because fuck bill weld.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 am

DBTrek wrote:To paraphrase ooky’s incredibly sophisticated and very original thoughts on the issue:

OMG his DACA meeting shows us that Trump senile, stupid, and even stupider than we assumed previously (which was maximum stupid). Plus he’s playing to his base, who are racist, because he’s racist, and that’s how racist do. Did I mention Trump was racist? And all Trump supporters are racist? As an aside, Trump is also stupid. And racist.

:golf clap:

Riveting.
I'm glad I apparently got my point across so clearly. That's exactly why I used the word racist so many times.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

ooky wrote:
I'm glad I apparently got my point across so clearly. That's exactly why I used the word racist so many times.
I’d be more interested in hearing why you think the USA is the default dumping ground for troubled regions of the globe. You’re probably completely unaware that the alleged shithole comment pertained to giving Africans, Haitians, and El Salvadorans Temporary Protected Status, and was *not* a comment on general immigration policy.

So if you disagree, tell me why my country should be the refuge of every troubled third worlder on earth.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

ooky doesn't debate; she's just does drive-bys. I no longer care what her opinion is. You have to EARN an opinion.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am

LMAO I heard about this on the radio this morning and nearly spit out my coffee.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

Holy shit, ahahahaha.

I'm not tired of winning yet Trump!

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 am

DBTrek wrote:
ooky wrote:
I’d be more interested in hearing why you think the USA is the default dumping ground for troubled regions of the globe. You’re probably completely unaware that the alleged shithole comment pertained to giving Africans, Haitians, and El Salvadorans Temporary Protected Status, and was *not* a comment on general immigration policy.

So if you disagree, tell me why my country should be the refuge of every troubled third worlder on earth.
I do know what it pertains to, and whether or not we extend (not "give") the existing status of those people is part of the negotiation around general immigration policy. TPS is the policy that we don't deport people from here back to conditions that are likely to be life threatening to them. It's a humanitarian, ethics and morality based thing. For example, the amount of human suffering that would (will) be involved in kicking out 200,000 El Salvadoreans that have been under TPS is brutal for any one with basic empathy to contemplate. Focusing on what TPS actually is highlights exactly how racist it is that he then brought up Norway, since under no version of reality are there Norwegians in need of TPS protection.

I also think about the historical context, how the US has had quite a direct hand in turning these countries into the shitholes they now are. We have for a very long time directly affected and worsened conditions in these countries with our propping up of dictatorships and clubbing them with crony capitalism.

Should these displaced people be here under ONLY TPS, or a "permanent" TPS? Probably not, but as it's almost impossible for even people with citizen children who have been here for nearly two decades to get actual legal status, it's almost like comprehensive immigration reform is, like, necessary. What that looks like should be debated, and I guess if someone wants racist ideologies that black and brown immigrants are less desirable than whites and a blindness towards very cruel outcomes for actual people to guide what they think that should end up looking like, well at least that's being transparent.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am

ooky wrote:
Should these displaced people be here under ONLY TPS, or a "permanent" TPS? Probably not ...
There we go. Look at that, ooky. When you move past the emotional reaction of hating Trump, blaming America for every problem the third world encounters, and beating that racism drum into dust - Your rational side agrees.
We don’t want to be the dumping ground for shithole nations.

Aspiring businessman X wants to leave Zaire to build a company in America - apply for citizenship and come on in.
The UN wants to ship 100,000 war refugees with no interest in being Americans to our shores because the tribesmen are committing genocide against each other again?

No thanks.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am

WOLOLOLOL BIX NUDE MUFUGGA NAHMSAYIN?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:28 am

GET IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW TRUMPO