THE ERA OF TRUMP

Fife

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 am

Gary Johnson was running for Hillary. His running mate literally admitted on national television they were in it to help Hillary beat Trump. https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/ ... ton-230622

It was Trump or Clinton. That was your choice. The other two candidates were just Clinton too.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 am

The Same Democrats Who Denounce Donald Trump as a Lawless, Treasonous Authoritarian Just Voted to Give Him Vast Warrantless Spying Powers
https://theintercept.com/2018/01/12/the ... ng-powers/
Glenn Greenwald

LEADING THE CHARGE against reforms of the FBI’s domestic spying powers was Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee who, in countless TV appearances, has strongly insinuated, if not outright stated, that Trump is controlled by and loyal to Vladimir Putin.

Indeed, just this weekend, in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Schiff accused Trump of corruptly abusing the powers of the DOJ and FBI in order to vindictively punish Hilary Clinton and other political enemies. Referring to Trump’s various corrupt acts, Schiff pronounced: “We ought to be thinking in Congress, Democrats and Republicans alike, beyond these three years what damage may be done to the institutions of our democracy. ”

Yet just two days later, there was the very same Adam Schiff, on the House floor, dismissing the need for real safeguards on the ability of Trump’s FBI to spy on Americans. In demanding rejection of the warrant requirement safeguard, Schiff channeled Dick Cheney – and the Trump White House – in warning that any warrant requirements would constitute “a crippling requirement in national security and terrorism cases.”

Standing with Schiff in opposing these safeguards was his fellow California Democrat Eric Swalwell, who has devoted his entire Congressional term almost exclusively to accusing Trump of being a puppet of the Kremlin, in the process becoming a media darling among the MSNBC set and online #Resistance movement. Yet after spending a full year warning that Trump’s real loyalty was to Moscow rather than America, Swalwell echoed Schiff in demanding that no warrant safeguards were needed on the spying power of Trump’s FBI.
i don't take republicans seriously but here's a good example of why democrats arent to be taken seriously either

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

DBTrek wrote:Fuck!
I told y’all we needed someone like Hillary who would never, ever, get in bed with the big banksters or take undisclosed amounts of cash for speaking at their events. You all should’ve voted for the non-big bank candidate, by Jove!
/sarcasm

(Disappointed, but it’s not like there was a viable non-big bank candidate)
I'm confident that in alternate-reality where the thread is "The Era of Hillary," I'd be bitching at least as frequently as I bitch about Trump in this thread. The election was lose/lose for me. Either way we were going to end up with an ass in the WH.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 am

pineapplemike wrote:
i don't take republicans seriously but here's a good example of why democrats arent to be taken seriously either
They aren't even pretending to care anymore. Their base is so focused on worrying about how often Trump eats McDonald's, they don't see how their own part is fucking them right in their poop hole, without lube.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. it's all SAME-SAME! LMFAO

I am sure it would be just as bad as "literally Hitler" if we installed Hillary Clinton and her spirit-cooking criminal collaborators into power in what amounted to an attempted coup of the American government by a criminal conspiracy. Fucking fantastic, Kath.

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:We know that Trump despises all Europeans, it's quite clearly an attempt to shore up his support with the far right, only they give a shit about "Nordic", that's their fantasy not Trumps, the Norway thing gave it away as an obvious ploy, as if Trump has any time for Norwegians, I mean, please.

Must be feeling the heat about the DACA deal with the Democrats, so he's throwing out a red herring as a smokescreen, and of course the liberal media elites can be relied upon to take the bait.
Who cares why he *thinks* he said this. I'm increasingly convinced that he's getting more and more senile every day.

But I agree with you on the actual impact. After devastating footage this week of him failing to understand what Feinstein was even saying or even seeming to know what his own party's positions on the immigration negotiation were, this does likely have the effect of soothing his racist base. He may not understand details, facts, negotiation positions, or really ANYTHING about actual government policies on immigration (among many other topics), but his emotional core is solidly racist, and his racist base can take comfort in that, that his racist feelings really come from the heart and will continue to guide him.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

To paraphrase ooky’s incredibly sophisticated and very original thoughts on the issue:

OMG his DACA meeting shows us that Trump senile, stupid, and even stupider than we assumed previously (which was maximum stupid). Plus he’s playing to his base, who are racist, because he’s racist, and that’s how racist do. Did I mention Trump was racist? And all Trump supporters are racist? As an aside, Trump is also stupid. And racist.

:golf clap:

Riveting.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 am

ooky wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:We know that Trump despises all Europeans, it's quite clearly an attempt to shore up his support with the far right, only they give a shit about "Nordic", that's their fantasy not Trumps, the Norway thing gave it away as an obvious ploy, as if Trump has any time for Norwegians, I mean, please.

Must be feeling the heat about the DACA deal with the Democrats, so he's throwing out a red herring as a smokescreen, and of course the liberal media elites can be relied upon to take the bait.
Who cares why he *thinks* he said this. I'm increasingly convinced that he's getting more and more senile every day.

But I agree with you on the actual impact. After devastating footage this week of him failing to understand what Feinstein was even saying or even seeming to know what his own party's positions on the immigration negotiation were, this does likely have the effect of soothing his racist base. He may not understand details, facts, negotiation positions, or really ANYTHING about actual government policies on immigration (among many other topics), but his emotional core is solidly racist, and his racist base can take comfort in that, that his racist feelings really come from the heart and will continue to guide him.

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am

Wayminute, wasn't it ooky who admitted to being racist last year?

DB might remember.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751