THE ERA OF TRUMP

ssu

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by ssu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Oprah train would be derailed if she even ran for dogcatcher.
And that's the reason Republicans hope it would be Oprah. I mean if they have Trump ...or Pence themselves.
“She is very smart, she has a substantial following. I would take her very seriously as a candidate,” said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, one of Trump’s most reliable defenders. “Times change and circumstances change — and Oprah is unique, she’s not just a celebrity, she is a very successful businesswoman. … She’s a very serious person. She’s not in the celebrity league.”

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:35 pm

ssu wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The Oprah train would be derailed if she even ran for dogcatcher.
And that's the reason Republicans hope it would be Oprah. I mean if they have Trump ...or Pence themselves.
“She is very smart, she has a substantial following. I would take her very seriously as a candidate,” said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, one of Trump’s most reliable defenders. “Times change and circumstances change — and Oprah is unique, she’s not just a celebrity, she is a very successful businesswoman. … She’s a very serious person. She’s not in the celebrity league.”
The problem for celebrity candidates like an Oprah, is that they're not really like the persons they portray on screen, Oprah is actually a lot more like Trump than most would surmise, but Trump lets it all hang out, he's doesn't pay a price, because he doesn't try to hide who he is, whereas these Hollywood types have janus faces, and they wouldn't be able to hide their not so squeaky clean and friendly selves, under the public scrutiny and stress of an election campaign.

The Oprah who gave that speech at the Golden Globes, that's not Oprah, that's the Oprah she's plays on tv, behind the scenes she's an imperious self absorbed beeotch who flies off the handle and says crazy shit. Whereas with Trump, what you see is what you get, he's the same all the time, and he makes no bones about it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The problem for celebrity candidates like an Oprah, is that they're not really like the persons they portray on screen, Oprah is actually a lot more like Trump than most would surmise, but Trump lets it all hang out, he's doesn't pay a price, because he doesn't try to hide who he is, whereas these Hollywood types have janus faces, and they wouldn't be able to hide their not so squeaky clean and friendly selves, under the public scrutiny and stress of an election campaign.
Oh, the very stable genius tries but simply cannot hide who he is.

When talking about Hollywood, Reagan comes to mind. At least he had been the President of the Screen Actors Guild and a Governor and run twice for the Republican nomination before got it.

Oprah would basically be there to get people interested on the Democratic primaries. And then to give a little boost to Pocahontas or whoever it might be.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Rumors that Zuckerberg is thinking about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Trump has opened up the floodgates, everybody wants to the celebrity President now. Somehow I think all this wild speculation is just going to end up back to something totally pedestrian in the end, Andrew Cuomo-Cory Booker or some such lame assed shit like that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:18 am

ssu wrote:Oh, the very stable genius tries but simply cannot hide who he is.
Have you read the Fire and Fury book? Because in the White House they are apparently trying to hide some stuff, borderline 25th amendment zone.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
ssu wrote:Oh, the very stable genius tries but simply cannot hide who he is.
Have you read the Fire and Fury book? Because in the White House they are apparently trying to hide some stuff, borderline 25th amendment zone.
The funny thing about that book is that it has made such waves. As if there would be something totally new.

I guess the book has anecdotes and stuff, but basically everything is so evident with Trump. Trump should get top points for transparency, at least.

25th amendment? Nah. Won't go there. Or more precisely the amendment's 4 section (as actually the 25th amendment comes into play when a President resigns or is removed by impeachment I guess). If a President has a stroke an becomes a total vegetable, the 25th amendment's section 4 comes to play. Trump should really start to have total covfefe moments while making a speech that it couldn't be denied that he has problems. Trump isn't there, not at all. I remember similarily how it was speculated that George W. Bush had dementia too.

It all comes down to how the majority of Republicans see Trump: if they feel he is a dangerous liability, then likely Trump will be given a chance simply to walk out. Like Nixon. Without any impeachment or in the case of 25th amendment section 4 coming to play. And if that happens, shit has to hit the fan a lot more, and then Trump likely will choose the option of retiring to Mar-a-lago.

But who knows what will happen.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:42 am

I really can't see him lasting two terms. I don't think he is enjoying the job, he's too used to running his own businesses and getting his way all the time. At the rate leaders age on the job he's going to be like an 80 year old by the time he finishes his first term. I predict health reasons stopping him from running again in 2020.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I predict health reasons stopping him from running again in 2020.
More likely than some donkey candidate beating him in 2020, bench too thin.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

I only wish that he would lay off the cheeseburgers, I can't stand his pathetic diet. Sad. The absolute most disappointing moment from this presidency has been the report that he takes his steaks well done with ketchup. Hoping all of it is a lie to appeal to his voters while he secretly eats fruits and vegetables and poops regularly