Another School Shooting

Okeefenokee

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Stoneman Douglas teacher arrested after leaving gun in public restroom, police say

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. -- A chemistry teacher at the Florida school where 17 people were shot to death has been arrested. Authorities say he left a loaded gun in a public restroom, where a drunk homeless man picked it up and fired it.

No one was injured, but the teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is now charged with failing to safely store his weapon...
:doh:

Clearly guns are the problem here.
Hey look, another fake gun story.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I accidentally leave my gun lying around all the time.... not really.

At my new job as a mover I do find guns lying around a lot though. One dudes couch smelled of weed so bad it was little wonder a glock fell out of it. "Yeah dude, your gun is on the floor over there," I say while an mp5 is laying casually on the kitchen bar.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Second day in the army I left my gun lying around. Cost me 1000 push ups. Never did it again.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 am

Education is about teaching our students to think and exposing them to new ideas.

Gun rights advocate not allowed to speak at Stoneman Douglas

... well, I mean, let’s not get crazy! Clearly we mean exposing them to approved ideas and teaching them to think “properly”
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:12 am

DBTrek wrote:Education is about teaching our students to think and exposing them to new ideas.

Gun rights advocate not allowed to speak at Stoneman Douglas

... well, I mean, let’s not get crazy! Clearly we mean exposing them to approved ideas and teaching them to think “properly”
It seems odd that there would be such intense Bolshevism in Florida, is this because it's in south Florida?
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:15 am

Kid had a gun discussion talk at school yesterday. The town's mayor and some council members showed up. Kid got to talk to the mayor and remind him that some of the kids support gun rights. He said mayor was responsive and agreed that all voices need to be heard.

The students, parents, teachers and school board all voted against the clear backpacks they are using 10 miles north in Parkland.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 am

I remember having a "gun discussion" at my school years ago. We called it "show and tell."

:goteam: :drunk:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am

Fife wrote:I remember having a "gun discussion" at my school years ago. We called it "show and tell."

:goteam: :drunk:
Had an unannounced one in HS Geometry class too. Called “What the fuck, dude, put that shit away. Jesus man, why you got that in your backpack?”

Florida.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am

I see Lil Heinrich Hogg is trying to get the Children of the Corn to do another school walk out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

katarn

Post by katarn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 pm

I've mostly tried to stay apolitical here until I get a social footing (after all, when you're shooting for some elected positions it doesn't pay to have grossly unpopular opinions), but most of the political discussion I've seen is all inside groups- the few conservatives tend to talk only when around each other and vice versa, unless its for an in-class discussion, in which case amusing times ensue as both sides limit actual argumentation in favor of slogans and such.

I know StA has shown some studies that say gen z should be the most conservative group since a while ago, but I've got to say, that scale must take liberty as a conservative principle and little else, cause there's very few people I've known who could partake in a basic economic discussion and most everyone is socially liberal by the standards of a few years ago.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace