Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

DBTrek

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by DBTrek » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 am

Take the ‘N’ off the end.
Make it the F-U size.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

nmoore63

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 am

So what's the position on the new Call of Duty being broken on launch?

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 am

nmoore63 wrote:So what's the position on the new Call of Duty being broken on launch?

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW!

Honestly, since the return policies these days often require the game not be opened or installed for you to get your money back, if somebody sells you something that does not work or otherwise does not meet the stated description used to sell the software, then there probably should be some penalties, though I suspect the existing laws regarding consumer fraud should cover it.

Is CoD not working at all?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:So what's the position on the new Call of Duty being broken on launch?

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW!

Honestly, since the return policies these days often require the game not be opened or installed for you to get your money back, if somebody sells you something that does not work or otherwise does not meet the stated description used to sell the software, then there probably should be some penalties, though I suspect the existing laws regarding consumer fraud should cover it.

I'd support a regulation that retailers allow any exchange of non-working media for working media, given 2 weeks since purchase, or so.
There's only so much you can do for physical media sales, though. Steam has been fairly excellent about accepting returns, when I don't like a game. They only give you 2 hours of playtime to figure it out, though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:29 am

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW!

I imagine it will be fine eventually, but

The game launched 9pm pst yesterday - (midnight nov 3 est)

Multiple players servers overload, nobody had successfully logged on after 3 hours so I went to bed.

Single player campaigns worked fine for anyone that pre-downloaded.
(I only play the game for the multiplayer)

Tried for just a second this morning and it errored out before I could get into a game.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 am

nmoore63 wrote:

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW!

I imagine it will be fine eventually, but

The game launched 9pm pst yesterday - (midnight nov 3 est)

Multiple players servers overload, nobody had successfully logged on after 3 hours so I went to bed.

Single player campaigns worked fine for anyone that pre-downloaded.
(I only play the game for the multiplayer)

Tried for just a second this morning and it errored out before I could get into a game.
Stop buying games on release. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I only play the game for social.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
You play with squeakers? I’m sorry you feel you need to talk to children to feel like you are socializing.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Also, with a large following that CoD has, the servers having an issue should not have been a surprise at all. Almost every large AAA game out there that has a large following has never come out with day one perfection for internet services.
#NotOneRedCent

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:24 pm

The Conservative wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
You play with squeakers? I’m sorry you feel you need to talk to children to feel like you are socializing.

Dude... not even a little.

Friends.