The 4th Turning - our current events

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: The 4th Turning - our current events

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Globalism is literally the evaporation of labor rights altogether. I don't think you understand who's side you stand on here.
No, globalism is literally planning economic and foreign policy globally. How we affect that planning can adapt and change and prioritize different values, but there is no version of this world where we won't have global foreign and economic policy, and there is no version of this world where the abuse of power will be tempting for those who have it.

Isolationist countries are not paragons of workers rights, anywhere in the world, ever in history. They abuse power and wealth, they just have less of it.

:lol:

Maybe look at the world as it actually exists. Globalism, in fact, has been nothing more than the gradual unraveling of labor rights around the world. It's a global fleecing.
I am looking at the world as it actually exists, and as it actually exists there are economic and political decisions with global reach.
I'll wait for you to find, in the world that actually exists, an isolationist paradise of workers protection and vast wealth.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
How does putting them out of work with protectionist barriers enhance their workers rights?
It certainly wouldn't, but I am open to prioritizing worker protections for my countrymen, if they are open to paying higher prices for consumer goods. I am not a single silver bullet to fix all problems sort of thinker. Every solution carries a new problem. All one can do is prioritize.
Higher prices means lower production, won't you just be putting your own workers out of work, along with the filthy unpersons in the Third World at the same time?
The relationship of price to production is a little more complicated than that. But if it is a luxury good that people can do without, and they can't stomach unethically extracting it from non persons without labor protections, and don't want to pay for it to be made by people with protections, then it won't be made, I suppose. Males no difference to me.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
It certainly wouldn't, but I am open to prioritizing worker protections for my countrymen, if they are open to paying higher prices for consumer goods. I am not a single silver bullet to fix all problems sort of thinker. Every solution carries a new problem. All one can do is prioritize.
Higher prices means lower production, won't you just be putting your own workers out of work, along with the filthy unpersons in the Third World at the same time?
The relationship of price to production is a little more complicated than that.
No it's not, raise the price of anything, and you will sell less of it, it's not complicated at all, you'll get fewer jobs in America, both blue and white collar, while the filthy unpersons in the third world will go back to subsistence farming on the brink of famine.

A narrow set of entrenched interests will make out like bandits, but on the aggregate, it will be a lose-lose for those in the masses who are want to work.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, AI robotics capital gains for the win. I'm part of the Anti-Work Movement, workers blowing their own work up is all to the good in the end, best way to put all this pointless work shit into the dustbin of history sooner rather than later.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
The relationship of price to production is a little more complicated than that.
No it's not, raise the price of anything, and you will sell less of it, it's not complicated at all, you'll get fewer jobs in America, both blue and white collar, while the filthy unpersons in the third world will go back to subsistence farming on the brink of famine.

A narrow set of entrenched interests will make out like bandits, but on the aggregate, it will be a lose-lose for the masses.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, AI robotics capital gains for the win.
Different goods have different levels of static or dynamic response to price fluctuations. Gas, for instance, is purchased at roughly the same rate despite pretty wide price fluctuations.
All protectionism always, everywhere, or no protectionism ever, anywhere, both seem like silly, idealistic positions to me.
Trying to protect a narrow set of interests is a part of life. Good luck to them, may they generate much wealth.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote: Good luck to them, may they generate much wealth.
Yes, we're going to generate so much wealth, that we will put you all out of work, but all to the good in the end, as work is a pestilence, doing away with it all together, is the future.

I mean, the filthy unpersons in the third world will still be doing work for awhile, but we'll get around to putting them out of work in due time.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Yes, we're going to generate so much wealth, that we will put you all out of work, but all to the good in the end, as work is a pestilence, doing away with it all together, is the future.

I mean, the filthy unpersons in the third world will still be doing work for awhile, but we'll get around to putting them out of work in due time.
You say it like a hard-ass, but I know you are just a softy trying to free the benighted masses from the indignity of wage slavery, lefty Canadian that you are.

Hey, we are on the same page.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

You say it like a hard-ass, but I know you are just a softy trying to free the benighted masses from the indignity of wage slavery, lefty Canadian that you are.

I make no bones about it, I am out to rid the world of wage slavery altogether, no more work at all, and of course you'll be much happier, wiser, and wealthier, the sooner you kick the Protestant work ethic, it's a pestilence we can and will all do without, persistent interval of theocratic regime dead enders notwithstanding.

We won't defeat the Workhadists overnight, but we will prevail in the end.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I make no bones about it, I am out to rid the world of wage slavery altogether, no more work at all, and of course you'll be much happier, wiser, and wealthier, the sooner you kick the Protestant work ethic, it's a pestilence we can and will all do without, persistent interval of theocratic regime dead enders notwithstanding.

We won't defeat the Workhadists overnight, but we will prevail in the end.
Hear! Hear!
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Join the Anti-Work Movement, Anti-Workers unite! It's a post work future, away with the Protestant work ethic upon your throats!
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Join the Anti-Work Movement, Anti-Workers unite! It's a post work future, away with the Protestant work ethic upon your throats!
Where's my Doritos and Mountain Dew, motherfucker?

Gibs