Public School Education System Thread

apeman

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by apeman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:08 am

Kazmyr wrote: I made the bed, I have to lie in it.
With this attitude, obvious to me that Kaz will ultimately succeed at whatever he sets his sights on.
Speaker to Animals wrote:These are law grads? Wouldn't emailing something like that get you disbarred?
I almost described it as a conspiracy in my rant, perhaps there is a reason this folks cannot make their loan payments.

AND

to everyone moaning about banks taking advantage of the people, do recall that they are loaning out massive sums to voluntary debtors with 30 year repayment horizons and with substantial default rates. having access to capital is a good thing, being an idiot is a bad thing.

ANYWAY, owe 300K for your gender studies degree? Get any govt/nonprofit job, go on income based repayment, after 10 years of tiny payments, your debt is forgiven. My wife is pursuing this. What is the problem here?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:20 am

apeman wrote:to everyone moaning about banks taking advantage of the people, do recall that they are loaning out massive sums to voluntary debtors with 30 year repayment horizons and with substantial default rates. having access to capital is a good thing, being an idiot is a bad thing.

ANYWAY, owe 300K for your gender studies degree? Get any govt/nonprofit job, go on income based repayment, after 10 years of tiny payments, your debt is forgiven. My wife is pursuing this. What is the problem here?
Same problem as 2007. Cheap debt for everyone, the rational choice is to buy as much real-estate/education as possible, right?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:49 am

clubgop wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:That too, but unfortunately, unless you want to live a really austere, off-the-grid life, AND have a family that's willing to do the same, its basically impossible
But they have to go to public schools and be subsumed by the borg. Real cogent policy there, slick.
Huh? I was just replying to Hanarchy's comment about banks
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:55 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ok then. Convince me that millions of Texan/Oklahoman children don't grow up without basic scientific awareness because it's politically fashionable.
How about none of your fucking business dickhead? Is that convincing? You stay out of my child's life and we can you keep you away from that lampost. Worry about your own fucking kid, make him a man, instead of trying to turn every other one into a cowardly bitch.
Should we say none of your fucking business dickhead if you're beating your kids too?

There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:57 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:to everyone moaning about banks taking advantage of the people, do recall that they are loaning out massive sums to voluntary debtors with 30 year repayment horizons and with substantial default rates. having access to capital is a good thing, being an idiot is a bad thing.

Same problem as 2007. Cheap debt for everyone, the rational choice is to buy as much real-estate/education as possible, right?
I just made an offer, and despite me being preapproved for "good" loans I'm going to take out every shady and exotic option possible to make my monthly payment lower. Fuck the banks

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 am

AndrewBennett wrote:I just made an offer, and despite me being preapproved for "good" loans I'm going to take out every shady and exotic option possible to make my monthly payment lower. Fuck the banks
AB, please elaborate, let us in on the plan

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
Which department will the the arbiter of truth? How will we enforce it when a parent tells their child something that goes against the government's established "truth?"
Account abandoned.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:08 am

Kath wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
Which department will the the arbiter of truth? How will we enforce it when a parent tells their child something that goes against the government's established "truth?"
Oh I don't know, you're right because I don't want a federal department of good thoughts, but actually allowing Creationism to be taught in schools bothers me. There has to be a balance.

That being said, parents can just use it as a teaching moment about different theories, or send to a private school or home school. The minority shouldn't be able to change the majority's beliefs.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:09 am

apeman wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:I just made an offer, and despite me being preapproved for "good" loans I'm going to take out every shady and exotic option possible to make my monthly payment lower. Fuck the banks
AB, please elaborate, let us in on the plan
FHA and interest only. Will refinance or sell in 5-7 years.

I don't like the high school that this place is in so we'll be leaving this new place then regardless (or private school)

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:12 am

AndrewBennett wrote:There comes a point when the community has to step in for abuse. Teaching psuedoscience and lies because it suits people's iron age beliefs is abuse
Define "community" as you used it in that sentence. I think I know what you mean, but I don't want to respond until you have clarified (if you think you need to).