THE ERA OF TRUMP

Hastur

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Hastur » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 am

Are you sure Trump wants a second term? He kind of made his point already. Why risk losing?

If he doesn't run the GOP will be like

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:04 am

Hastur wrote:Are you sure Trump wants a second term? He kind of made his point already. Why risk losing?

If he doesn't run the GOP will be like

Incumbent POTUS's seeking to be elected to a second term, they don't lose, there are two exceptions in the last 100 years.

If Trump loses, he goes back to being a billionaire, losing would still be winning for Trump. He might not want to run again, but if he does, he has nothing to lose, so the theory that it's too risky and he should just walkaway accordingly, balderdash.

Not only that, but Trump has a large appetite for risk, so even if it was as risky as you previously thought, he might not care and might roll the dice anyway. The consolation prize is pretty damn sweet after all.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 am

The Democrats better hope Oprah runs in 2020, they are pretty much fucked if she doesn't, considering The Rock is probably going to keep his powder dry.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 am

I don't know if Oprah would be that popular once people got to know her in a politician role, she's kind of a rich dingbat who lives in her own little world now, I don't think the Trump effect is necessarily transferable to the Democrats, I think Oprah would start to grate on people pretty quick.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't know if Oprah would be that popular once people got to know her in a politician role, she's kind of a rich dingbat who lives in her own little world, I don't think the Trump effect is necessarily transferable to the Democrats, I think Oprah would start to grate on people pretty quick.
She'd grate on me quickly, Democrats on the other hand, I don't know Smitty. They might eat that shit up no matter how grating it is to us. Not saying she'd win, especially going up against incumbent Trump, but she is way better option than Elizabeth Warren and company, that's for sure.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't know if Oprah would be that popular once people got to know her in a politician role, she's kind of a rich dingbat who lives in her own little world now, I don't think the Trump effect is necessarily transferable to the Democrats, I think Oprah would start to grate on people pretty quick.
You just described the exact same thing as Trump.

It would be funny if she was more fiscally conservative than him, though. It would complete the latest party switch cycle.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 am

I think it would have similar effect as Hillary, Oprah wouldn't get the Bernie Bros out, young people don't give a rats ass about Oprah.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: You just described the exact same thing as Trump. .
That model doesn't transfer well to the Democrats. The Democrats are not the OWG party, the Democrats need young people to show up, who the fuck is Oprah? Aging Boomer, just like Billary.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 am

The Democrats have a structural problem, two generations in the same party, the older generation are liberals, the younger generation are literally communists, Oprah only plays well with the older generation, to the younger generation, she's just gonna end up looking like Black Shillary.

The kids want a commie SJW, if they don't get a commie SJW, they're not going to show up.

Rich Aging Boomer Liberals, this is how Trump was able to win, the GOP is the Rich Aging Boomer party, the Democrats can't duplicate the model.
Nec Aspera Terrent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 am

StCapps wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:It will be Oprah 2020. The Dems do not want to wait it out until 2024. They will go with the female, black, celebrity over anyone that has any political experience. The POTUS race is now a reality TV road show. The Dems do not have any politicians with mainstream likability, so they will go to Hollywood to try and unseat Trump. The Rock won't run and risk losing his money printing status as an actor.
Why wouldn't Oprah wait until 2024? The Democrats might not want to wait, but their best options to beat Trump will probably want to wait and the Democrats can't force them to run in 2020 instead.
The Democrats, especially their loyal liberal followers (like Holloywood) have been losing their minds over Trump winning. They (the liberals, not the politicians) cannot wait until 2024. The Democrat politicians don't have anyone who probably wants to go up against Trump in 2020 and risk losing. They also don't have any really likable or charismatic potential candidates. This leaves the left with what they will see as their best chance to beat Trump.....a celebrity. Oprah is very popular and generally likable. If they can't convince here to run in 202 it will be someone else like Michelle Obama. Whomever it is, they will not be white and male, and will not be an established politician.