NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Teams lining up to take Patrick Marleau are teams who don't want to win a Stanley Cup, they might think they want to, but in actuality trading for him ensures they never win for as long as he is on the team. At least you had the sense to pay in bonuses, instead of upfront, better have made those bonuses playoff heavy and have to do with regular season, that would have been the smart to structure a Patrick Marleau contract, if you are even going to sign him at all. He's an anchor on any playoff contender come playoff time.

Fuck, you couldn't pay me to take Patrick Marleau, at least if I actually had to play him, fuck that, last thing the Avs culture needs is an aging choke artist who never gets it done when it matters, teaching your young stars how to do it too, especially when they barely even know how to win a fucking hockey game as it is, and set us back another three years, god that would be a nightmare.

At least Iginla wasn't a perpetual choke artist his whole career, even though he never won a Stanley Cup, there's a real leader and that didn't even help us. Nope no more old veteran UFA's who can't play taking spots that could be filled young prospects on the cheap, that's one reason why the Avs got into this mess in the first place, don't follow the Avalanche model once you have one good season, look what happened to us.

You could have saved the money and spent it on anyone who doesn't choke in the playoffs, but you spent it on Marleau, just because you got money to throw around? That's how you run out of money to throw around real fast, especially in a salary cap world.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Whatevs, I like Patrick Marleau, he was good in the playoffs on San Jose's cup run, 13 points in 24 playoff games, he's got 68 goals and 52 assists in 177 career playoff games, and he's 9th all time in NHL history, with 16 playoff game winning goals, tied with Jatomir Jagr; "Patrick Marleau playoff choker" is fake news. /shrugs.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Obvious Leaf hater Avtard is obvious, but I like Patrick Marleau, he was good in the playoffs on San Jose's cup run, 13 points in 24 playoff games, he's got 68 goals and 52 assists in 177 career playoff games; "Patrick Marleau playoff choker" is fake news. /shrugs.
I watched him. My team plays in the West, we played the Sharks a lot. Marleau is a choker, it's not fake news, you just look at stat lines, and don't watch the playoffs once your team is out, I do, so I know a choke when I see one. You don't know shit about Patrick Marleau, when he shits the bed in the playoffs, don't say I didn't warn you and see it coming a mile away, and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see it coming Smitty, just anyone who has watched the Sharks over the last decade or so. Marleau wasn't good during that Cup run either, he was shit, even when they finally made it, him and Thornton ghosts again, as usual.

I've hated on Marleau for decades, and he deserves it. One of the most overrated players of the last twenty years, straight up.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Obvious Leaf hater Avtard is obvious, but I like Patrick Marleau, he was good in the playoffs on San Jose's cup run, 13 points in 24 playoff games, he's got 68 goals and 52 assists in 177 career playoff games; "Patrick Marleau playoff choker" is fake news. /shrugs.
I watched him. My team plays in the West, we played the Sharks a lot. Marleau is a choker, it's not fake news, you just look at stat lines, and don't watch the playoffs once your team is out, I do, so I know a choke when I see one. You don't know shit about Patrick Marleau, when he shits the bed in the playoffs, don't say I didn't warn you and see it coming a mile away, and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see it coming Smitty, just anyone who has watched the Sharks over the last decade or so.

Again, 9th all time in NHL history, with 16 game winning playoff goals, tied with Jaromir Jagr; seems OK to me. /shrugs.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Again, 9th all time in NHL history, with 16 game winning playoff goals, tied with Jaromir Jagr; seems OK to me. /shrugs.
That's because his team made the playoffs every year, and then they choked, and he was a key part of it on numerous occassions. That will rack up a lot of points over the years, but he's still a choke, just like the 90's Bills had sexy stat lines, but never get it done in the big game. If you watched him for years, you'd see the inability to win when it matters on full display, but when you look at stats, and have no context to know what you are talking about and you sound like Smitty. Stats are for losers, you haven't seen this guy fuck up year in, year out, I have.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Again, 9th all time in NHL history, with 16 game winning playoff goals, tied with Jaromir Jagr; seems OK to me. /shrugs.
That's because his team made the playoffs every year, and then they choked, and he was a key part of it on numerous occassions. That will rack up a lot of points over the years, but he's still a choke, just like the 90's Bills had sexy stat lines, but never get it done in the big game. if you watched him for years, you'd know, you look at stats, and have no context to know what you are talking about and you sound like Smitty.
Your whole narrative about "choke" this and "choke" that, is idiotic nonsense, doesn't matter how many games you watch, you're still a fuckin idiot, Capps. /shrugs.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:[Your whole narrative about "choke" this and "choke" that, is idiotic nonsense, doesn't matter how many games you watch, you're still a fuckin idiot, Capps. /shrugs.
Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton are the biggest playoff chokes of the last two decades, those are the facts. You might have missed it, I didn't.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Well, maybe Marleau will be good, maybe he wont, we'll just have to see, but again, I put zero, and I mean absolute zero credence to anything you have to say on the matter, Capps, because on the subject of hockey, you're a total moron, and other than that, I'll just leave the coaching of Patrick Marleau, to Mike Babcock. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, maybe Marleau will be good, maybe he wont, we'll just have to see, but again, I put zero, and I mean absolute zero credence to anything you have to say on the matter, Capps, because on the subject of hockey, you're a total moron, and other than that, I'll just leave the coaching of Patrick Marleau, to Mike Babcock. /shrugs
You know that I know my shit, that's why you are so defensive about it. There are very few players that I know better than I know Patrick Marleau, he's going to let you down in the playoffs, like clockwork, happens every year. I don't what the future holds, but I sure as shit remember the past and when the past is that consistent, it's not terribly hard to predict the future, see Marc Andre Fleury.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:22 pm

StCapps wrote:You know that I know my shit, that's why you are so defensive about it. .
I'm not defensive about anything, I've simply read your prattle about "this guy's a choker" and "that guys a choker" and it's idiotic nonsense on the face of it, I'm just calling idiotic nonsense on that idiotic nonsense, I ain't mad about you being a fuckin' moron, whatevs, you is what you is, it's not like I'm repsonsible for you. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent