THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:17 pm

You cannot penetrate the black hole of capp's ignorance. There's no measuring the mass of the quantum retard singularity hiding somewhere over the event horizon. Play silly games with his weaponized lunacy long enough, and you will cross the event horizon and vanish subsumed by the singularity.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:The monopolies existed before Obama Net Neutrality and after it gone they still exist, Obama's Net Neutrality didn't address the issue of monopolies at all.
WTF!? That's what NN was! Without a monopoly, a subscriber would simply change to a provider that didn't throttle bandwidth. Jesus Christ, where R U coming from?
You've been lied to. Obama's NN had nothing to do with monopolies, you're thinking of the European version, not Obama's version. It was all just a power grab by the FCC, that's what Obama's Net Neutrality was.
??? Who needs NN if you just switch to a regional WiFi, like all the non-monopoly municipalities are already doing.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: WTF!? That's what NN was! Without a monopoly, a subscriber would simply change to a provider that didn't throttle bandwidth. Jesus Christ, where R U coming from?
You've been lied to. Obama's NN had nothing to do with monopolies, you're thinking of the European version, not Obama's version. It was all just a power grab by the FCC, that's what Obama's Net Neutrality was.
??? Who needs NN if you just switch to a regional WiFi, like all the non-monopoly municipalities are already doing.
You don't, StA just thinks you do. Obama's NN had nothing to do with reducing monopolistic practices regarding the internet, it doubled down on them and put the FCC in charge. He just tried to pretend it was something else that everyone liked to sell the rubes on it.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm

If these weren't monopolies, then anti-competitive practices like that wouldn't be possible. If my broadband provider shut down my Netflix account like Comcast did to me in the 2000s, then I would just cancel my subscription and go to their competitor who doesn't do that.

But there is no competition. Indeed, Comcast is the most reviled institution in the United States, hated more than even the IRS, and yet they are among the most profitable companies.. hmm.. I wonder how that could be possible???

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:You've been lied to. Obama's NN had nothing to do with monopolies, you're thinking of the European version, not Obama's version. It was all just a power grab by the FCC, that's what Obama's Net Neutrality was.
You don't, StA just thinks you do. Obama's NN had nothing to do with reducing monopolistic practices regarding the internet, it doubled down on them and put the FCC in charge. He just tried to pretend it was something else that everyone liked to sell the rubes on it.

OMFG you are a retard. The NN order literally prohibited a specific monopolistic practice. It's a practice that cannot even exist in a competitive market. Are you really this fucking retarded??

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:If these weren't monopolies, then anti-competitive practices like that wouldn't be possible. If my broadband provider shut down my Netflix account like Comcast did to me in the 2000s, then I would just cancel my subscription and go to their competitor who doesn't do that.

But there is no competition. Indeed, Comcast is the most reviled institution in the United States, hated more than even the IRS, and yet they are among the most profitable companies.. hmm.. I wonder how that could be possible???
If Obama's Net Neutrality increased competition instead of reducing it, it would be a good idea, but it doesn't do that, he just said that it did, Obama lied.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: ??? Who needs NN if you just switch to a regional WiFi, like all the non-monopoly municipalities are already doing.

OMFG you are a retard. The NN order literally prohibited a specific monopolistic practice. It's a practice that cannot even exist in a competitive market. Are you really this fucking retarded??
You're an Obama Rube. Because he called it Net Neutrality, you actually believe the law lives up to it's title, but it's mere Orwellian doublespeak that you are too blind to notice.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:You've been lied to. Obama's NN had nothing to do with monopolies, you're thinking of the European version, not Obama's version. It was all just a power grab by the FCC, that's what Obama's Net Neutrality was.
You don't, StA just thinks you do. Obama's NN had nothing to do with reducing monopolistic practices regarding the internet, it doubled down on them and put the FCC in charge.
I have no idea what you're thinking? Monopolisitic practices were first kept in check by the threat of NN, then they were held in check by NN, and now it's a free ride. The DAY NN was overturned, my Comcast provided broadband decreased by two-thirds. However, they did offer me an "upgrade" for another $70/month. I can't even play fuckin' movies anymore without queuing them local.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Monopolisitc practices were first kept in check by the threat of NN, then they were held in check by NN,
That's just incorrect.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If these weren't monopolies, then anti-competitive practices like that wouldn't be possible. If my broadband provider shut down my Netflix account like Comcast did to me in the 2000s, then I would just cancel my subscription and go to their competitor who doesn't do that.

If Obama's Net Neutrality increased competition instead of reducing it, it would be a good idea, but it doesn't do that, he just said that it did, Obama lied.

Dude, WTF??

It's a regulation that bars a specific monopolistic practice. We don't (or until last month we didn't) allow monopolies to use monopoly status to create barriers to entry in this country. Not since Theodore Roosevelt went trust busting have we allowed it.

Discriminating packet data based on who pays you the most money, especially to create artificial barriers for your competitors to get their services to the market, is a monopolistic practice. If Comcast had competition, they'd never get away with it because people would just switch carriers.

Please acknowledge that you can syntactically process this simple explanation and understand the self-evident truth expressed therein.