THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 pm

StCapps wrote:Still you're not going to see Yzerman go and trade Nikita Kucherov for TJ Brodie or some shit. There are obvious exceptions to the Winger for Defensemen, one for one dynamic, not that Peter Chiarelli could tell the difference. He wouldn't know a good trade if it slapped him in the face, it's like he's out to get fleeced, not just in Edmonton, in Boston too. Remember dumping Seguin for a bag of pucks? Can't blame it all on the Edmonton black hole.
Yeah, I mean, you don't trade Taylor Hall for a prospect, I mean if the two players are even, you keep the defenceman, obviously trading Hall for anything other than a proven commodity, at the age Hall is now, is nutzo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Still you're not going to see Yzerman go and trade Nikita Kucherov for TJ Brodie or some shit. There are obvious exceptions to the Winger for Defensemen, one for one dynamic, not that Peter Chiarelli could tell the difference. He wouldn't know a good trade if it slapped him in the face, it's like he's out to get fleeced, not just in Edmonton, in Boston too. Remember dumping Seguin for a bag of pucks? Can't blame it all on the Edmonton black hole.
Yeah, I mean, you don't trade Taylor Hall for a prospect, I mean if the two players are even, you keep the defenceman, obviously trading Hall for anything other than a proven commodity, at the age Hall is now, is nutzo.
Apparently Ottawa could have traded Ceci for Hall, but were too slow to pull the trigger before NJ swooped in and traded them Adam Larsson. Dorion is also a fucking chump. Dorion, Chiarelli and Bergevin, three of the top 5 worst GMs in the NHL, right there.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 pm

See, I knew Sergachev was going to be a stud, Yzerman obviously knew, how Bergevin could think that trading a stud defenceman, for a winger, even if that winger is going to be a stud winger, was a good idea, is beyond me, wingers are not hard to come by, wingers are a dime a dozen, getting a stud defenceman is nigh impossible in this league.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Montreal could have got what they are getting out of Drouin right now, from Jordan Eberle ffs, and that only cost the Isles Strome and a bucket o' pucks.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:See, I knew Sergachev was going to be a stud, Yzerman obviously knew, how Bergevin could think that trading a stud defenceman, for a winger, even if that winger is going to be a stud winger, was a good idea, is beyond me, wingers are not hard to come by, wingers are a dime a dozen, getting a stud defenceman is nigh impossible in this league.
Another exception to this rule could be the Avs trading Tyson Barrie, as long as the winger we get is worth the return that is. Starting to look like we should trade him when his stock is at it's highest, we got the horses coming to replace him, and could use the help on the wing.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Apparently Ottawa could have traded Ceci for Hall, but were too slow to pull the trigger before NJ swooped in and traded them Adam Larsson. Dorion is also a fucking chump. Dorion, Chiarelli and Bergevin, three of the top 5 worst GMs in the NHL, right there.
Indeed, this is why I'm not eager for Lou to force anything and try to rush it, just develop internally, there's no rush, the Leafs aren't ready to take Tampa Bay down right now, just be patient and develop Liljegren and Dermott, see if a defenceman comes free in the summer.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:See, I knew Sergachev was going to be a stud, Yzerman obviously knew, how Bergevin could think that trading a stud defenceman, for a winger, even if that winger is going to be a stud winger, was a good idea, is beyond me, wingers are not hard to come by, wingers are a dime a dozen, getting a stud defenceman is nigh impossible in this league.
Another exception to this rule could be the Avs trading Tyson Barrie, as long as the winger we get is worth the return that is. Starting to look like we should trade him when his stock is at it's highest, we got the horses coming to replace him, and could use the help on the wing.
I wouldn't trade Barrie now, the Avs have to try to make the playoffs, you can't start selling now, not the way MacKinnon is on a role, you have to get behind the cart and push, it's more important to get winning again, shake off that loser culture, you can get players in the draft, there's lots of players you could get in the draft, Joe Voleno, Ryan McLeod, Ryan Merkely, Jared McIssac...
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
I wouldn't trade Barrie now, the Avs have to try to make the playoffs, you can't start selling now, not the way MacKinnon is on a role, you have to get behind the cart and push, it's more important to get winning again, shake off that loser culture, you can get players in the draft, there's lots of players you could get in the draft, Joe Moreno, Ryan McLeod, Ryan Merkely...
Well you can never have too many good RHD puck movers, I suppose you could theoretically, but in reality, it's just not a thing, keeping him isn't the worst option in the world, that's for sure.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Another exception to this rule could be the Avs trading Tyson Barrie, as long as the winger we get is worth the return that is. Starting to look like we should trade him when his stock is at it's highest, we got the horses coming to replace him, and could use the help on the wing.
I wouldn't trade Barrie now, the Avs have to try to make the playoffs, you can't start selling now, not the way MacKinnon is on a role, you have to get behind the cart and push, it's more important to get winning again, shake off that loser culture, you can get players in the draft, there's lots of players you could get in the draft, Joe Moreno, Ryan McLeod, Ryan Merkely...
Well you can never have too many good RHD, keeping him isn't the worst option in the world, that's for sure.
There's no reason to sell anymore, you got Jost, Rantanen, Makar, Timmins, just keep drafting, it's not like MacKinnon is old, there's no rush.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Also should point out that I said last year that MacKinnon was in the same class as Mathews, and you were doubting that, once again, told ya so.
Nec Aspera Terrent