THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:27 pm

And that's the way Trump is in the Michael Wolff book, he doesn't give a shit, he does whatever he wants to do, there's a funny part where he chews out the staff for picking up his clothes off the floor of his bedroom, and he's like "hey, if I threw them there, that's where I wanted them, don't fuck with my shit ever again". He's just messing with people. jerking their chains for the fun of it.

He goes on Twitter, he's the ultimate internet troll, he can troll the whole world, while he eats cheeseburgers and watches tv, other than having to be away from Trump Tower where he prefers to be, he's just having fun with it.

He's the President, they can't even charge him with a crime, even if he's guilty, he can't lose. The best they can do is impeach him, and then he gets to back to Trump Tower where he wants to be anyways.

Even if impeached, it would be practically impossible to get rid of him, how many votes do they need to remove him from office again?
I can't remember, but it's a lot.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:And that's the way Trump is in the Michael Wolff book, he doesn't give a shit, he does whatever he wants to do, there's a funny part where he chews out the staff for picking up his clothes off the floor of his bedroom, and he's like "hey, if I threw them there, that's where I wanted them, don't fuck with my shit ever again". He's just messing with people. jerking their chains for the fun of it.

He goes on Twitter, he's the ultimate internet troll, he can troll the whole world, while he eats cheeseburgers and watches tv, other than having to be away from Trump Tower where he prefers to be, he's just having fun with it.

He's the President, they can't even charge him with a crime, even if he's guilty, he can't lose. The best they can do is impeach him, and then he gets to back to Trump Tower where he wants to be anyways.

Even if impeached, it would be practically impossible to get rid of him, how many votes do they need to remove him from office again?
I can't remember, but it's a lot.
All that may be true, but he's not trying to tank, he's not the Buffalo Sabres trying to get Connor McDavid, being POTUS isn't that much worse than being a billionaire real estate mogul who ruthlessly pimps his brand, so he's not about to go down without a hell of a fight, if just to be a bigger martyr which he can leverage later. He just doesn't care if he loses is all, that's what makes him so dangerous, and it's why he such a good troll, he ain't afraid of risk, so he throws caution to the wind, high risk, high reward, if it backfires he can weather the storm and divert attention with a different set of jingly keys, even when he loses, he can't lose.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm

They need 218 votes in the House, 67 votes in the Senate, good luck with that, Trump is sitting pretty, he should just fire Mueller while the GOP is still in charge, the press would scream bloody murder, but congress wouldn't do anything, they don't actually want to make decisions, they like to have Trump to soak up the heat for them.

It's like John Dean said; if Nixon had had Fox News around, he would have got away with it, and Trump is proving that you can.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Yes well all that aside I do say it looks really bad when a known liar is able to publish this book despite breaking non disclosure contracts and being sued by Trump. Frankly it's amazing what the lügenpresse is allowed to get away with. Even when it directly interferes with the highest office of the land. This kind of demoralization campaign is unprecedented.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:They need 218 votes in the House, 67 votes in the Senate, good luck with that, Trump is sitting pretty, he should just fire Mueller while the GOP is still in charge, the press would scream bloody murder, but congress wouldn't do anything, they don't actually want to make decisions, they like to have Trump to soak up the heat for them.

It's like John Dean said; if Nixon had had Fox News around, he would have got away with it, and Trump is proving that you can.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yes well all that aside I do say it looks really bad when a known liar is able to publish this book despite breaking non disclosure contracts and being sued by Trump. Frankly it's amazing what the lügenpresse is allowed to get away with. Even when it directly interferes with the highest office of the land. This kind of demoralization campaign is unprecedented.
Trump has no case, the publisher is simply printing what other people said, if Trump wants to sue people for that, he has to sue the people who said it, the people who publish it are first amendment protected.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this yellow journalism makes money hand over fist. The shit libs are primed for it. It feeds into all their preconceived (for them) narratives.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Apparently this (((Wolff))) guy has already caught heat back in 98 when writing about Gold Rush or whatever his book was called on the Silicon Valley .com bubble. People have been griping about this guy exaggerating statements and falsely quoting them already. I would be interested, considering his previously scurrilous record, why the fuck he was ever around the campaign to begin with. New York buddy? Friend of Kushner? Who knows.
Yeah I got that from Shapiro yesterday. He's been taking Bannon apart for a while now. I take the word of the guy that actually knows him and puts his own name on the statements he's making over some canuck reading a book from a known fabricator.
Apparently Bannon was doing an interview the other day while this book was in the news cycle. They managed to screen calls for the first hour but at the end of the second hour a caller asked him what his stance was on the book. He just sheepishly proclaimed his endorsement of Trump.

This guy must have went to (((Wolff)) back when he was having a fit and now regrets it. Surely he does as he's been running from donor to donor like a mad man of late. Some Asian billionaire is his next mark.
Yeah, I heard the statement. Doesn't sound at all like what you'd expect from the guy that was leaking all kinds of shit, trashing Trump's family, and then got slammed by a statement from the WH calling him trash.

Sounded like something he was saying in hopes of saving his ass. Probably knows he's vulnerable to lawsuit for violating his NDA from during the campaign.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:01 pm

I mean you have to be pretty thirsty for Trump tears to just start lapping up a known liars book that has been widely discredited already. And then to actually let this slick new York Jew delude you into thinking you're intelligent by confirming your own narrative...

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this yellow journalism makes money hand over fist. The shit libs are primed for it. It feeds into all their preconceived (for them) narratives.
Trump is making money for them, his attempt to block the release, is what caused the book to go nuclear hot.
Nec Aspera Terrent