NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Wahtevs, Babcock is the coach, Babcock took Marleau specifically on Team Canada in 2014, Babcock wants him, Babcock gets him, it's a coup that Babcock was able to lure Marleau out of San Jose, me, I'm a huge Marleau fan, just like Babs is, if some Avtards don't like it, oh well, good luck with the Duchene trade, tell you right now, you ain't getting anything as good as Marleau, but you can have Tyler Bozak right now if you want, kass me outside, how bout dat?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Wahtevs, Babcock is the coach, Babcock took Marleau specifically on Team Canada in 2014, Babcock wants him, Babcocks gets him, it's a coup that Babcock was able to lure Marleau out of San Jose, me, I'm a huge Marleau fan, just like Babs is, if some Avtards don't like it, oh well, good luck with the Duchene trade, tell you right now, you ain't getting anything as good as Marleau, but you can have Tyler Bozak right now if you want, kass me outside, how bout dat?
Maybe you can fleece Sakic with that deal, but I'm laughing in your face with that ridiculous offer. To even make such an offer is blatantly disrespectful, fuck off with that bullshit. Marleau is trash, if you put the C on him, it will go worse than when you put in on Phaneuf, what kind of idiots would put a C on Marleau, only a team who never wants to win a Stanley Cup, that would be such a Leafs move, and the Old Leafs, not the new Leafs.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:19 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Wahtevs, Babcock is the coach, Babcock took Marleau specifically on Team Canada in 2014, Babcock wants him, Babcocks gets him, it's a coup that Babcock was able to lure Marleau out of San Jose, me, I'm a huge Marleau fan, just like Babs is, if some Avtards don't like it, oh well, good luck with the Duchene trade, tell you right now, you ain't getting anything as good as Marleau, but you can have Tyler Bozak right now if you want, kass me outside, how bout dat?
Maybe you can fleece Sakic with that deal, but I'm laughing in your face with that ridiculous offer. To even make such an offer is blatantly disrespectful.
Why? Bozak had just as many goals, 14 more points, and is $2 million cheaper, and it's not like Matt Duchene will ever be a Patrick Marleau, he's Bozak, guy, that's what he is, in fact, Bozak would do better by you than Matt Duchene did, Bozak would never demand a trade, Bozak loves Denver, that is whence he came.

What has Duchene done for you? Scored 18 goals for six million then threw his teddy in the corner and sulked? I wouldn't even trade you Bozak for Duchene, Bozak is better, he does his job, no questions asked, no complaints, through thick and thin, just like Patty Marleau, good pro; Babcock knows.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Anyone who had a better year last year, than Duchene had in his worst year, on the worst team in the salary cap era, is somehow better than Duchene in your eyes, which is just retarded. Recency bias making you look real dumb right now, if Duchene came back and put up 70 points next year you'd think he was the straight dope and think he was as good as that year reflected, even though he just crapped the bed and quit on the team the year before. Your attitude is bizarre and your overvaluing of players who play for your team is laughable.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Marleau will be perfect for teaching Matthews, Marner and Nylander how to choke in playoffs. He really is a great fit for a franchise that loves signings that doom them to mediocrity. Marleau can even teach the best players how to lose in the playoffs, just ask Brent Burns, no matter how dope he was during that run last year, Thornton and Marleau still found a way to not get it done when it mattered. Hell you should have just signed Joe Thornton and doubled down on being the San Jose Leafs.

:lol:
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm

I got no beef with Patty Marleau, loves me some Patty Marleau, 27 goals at 36 years of age, more than Duchene has ever scored in his whole career, except for one year, what did Duchene produce for $6 million last year? Oh, 14 fewer points than Tyler Bozak? /shrugs
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I got no beef with Patty Marleau, loves me some Patty Marleau, 27 goals at 36 years of age, more than Duchene has ever scored in his whole career. /shrugs
Duchene scored 30 the year before last, in 2015-2016. Duchene had 70 points in 71 games in 2013-14. You'd never notice though because all you care about is what his stat line was last year, in his worst year, on the worst team he played on by a considerable margin. Marleau played on a consistent regular season powerhouse last year. Recency bias makes Smitty really silly, because Duchene scored 18 goals last year, it's as if you now think that from now on he isn't even a 20 goal per year guy going forward.

Odd. Or maybe you are just mad because I'm lashing out at that Marleau signing and it's get you acting all defensive.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Go ahead and trash Patty Marleau, but me, I like Patty Marleau, happy to have him, put him on the wing with Matthews and Nylander under Babs? He'll be more effective than Matt Duchene, alls I'm sayun/shrugs.

If it was just Patty Marleau, everything on his shoulders, franchise savior? Yeah, that wouldn't work, but Patty Marleau in a supporting role, with Auston Matthews? Whole nother ball game.

I'll go out on a limb right now; playing on a line with Auston Matthews; Marleau will score 30+30, you'll see.

Nobody is asking Patty Marleau to be the be all n' end all, he just has to slot in with the superkids, and they will love having Patty Marleau along for the ride, I'd make Marleau the captain, until Matthews is ready, then hand the baton off, I'm with you, Babs, you know how this works.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:09 pm

And you know what? If San Jose is out of it by trade deadline? Maybe Jumbo can be coaxed to come play with his buddy Pat, I mean, Jumbo is only on a one year contract, he can just slot in for a playoff run then go home, Jumbo Joe, come on over, the Leafs got two years of house money here, might as well just go for broke, before the superkids have to be signed.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:And you know what? If San Jose is out of it by trade deadline? Maybe Jumbo can be coaxed to come play with his buddy Pat, I mean, Jumbo is only on a one year contract, he can just slot in for a playoff run then go home, Jumbo Joe, come on over, the Leafs got two years of house money here, might as well just go for broke, before the superkids have to be signed.
Yeah bring on more old chokes from San Jose for big money. Mediocrity, that's the ticket! Just when I thought the Leafs were wisening up, they fall back on their old ways and you are sitting there thinking it's a good move and even want to double down on it, just because Babcock and Lamariello think it's a good idea.
:doh:
*yip*