THE ERA OF TRUMP

TheReal_ND

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:That's laughable tho, because Trump's platform was Bannon's platform, Trump doesn't have a platform, he's not ideological, Trump latched on to the Breitbart ideological agenda, not the other way round.
If that's true then expect Trump to soften his demands on DACA. He hasnt yet so much as a little bit.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:That's laughable tho, because Trump's platform was Bannon's platform, Trump doesn't have a platform, he's not ideological, Trump latched on to the Breitbart ideological agenda, not the other way round.
If that's true then expect Trump to soften his demands on DACA. He hasnt yet so much as a little bit.
I don't think Trump is going to jettison everything just because he's soured on Bannon like he sours on everybody eventually, but Trump the politician is essentially a creation of Roger Stone, who then latched on to the Alt-Right populism in order to outflank the other GOP candidates, I don't think Trump actually comes up with any of this stuff himself, as I say, he's not ideological and never has been.

Classic political opportunist, if there ever was one.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:42 pm

I've seen some of his previous platform already back when he considered a third party run and got endorsed by David Duke the first time. I mean not personally, but I read a little about it. Seems the same idk. I think Bannon would like to think he had as much influence as he thinks. Trump listens to everyone but makes up his own mind at the end of the day.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:42 pm

DBTrek wrote:Damn ... kicked him right in the wallet.
The only place a Republican can feel pain.
:twisted:
Not true.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Apparently this (((Wolff))) guy has already caught heat back in 98 when writing about Gold Rush or whatever his book was called on the Silicon Valley .com bubble. People have been griping about this guy exaggerating statements and falsely quoting them already. I would be interested, considering his previously scurrilous record, why the fuck he was ever around the campaign to begin with. New York buddy? Friend of Kushner? Who knows.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Damn ... kicked him right in the wallet.
The only place a Republican can feel pain.
:twisted:
Not true.
You got me, boss.
I was crackin’ wise.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I've seen some of his previous platform already back when he considered a third party run and got endorsed by David Duke the first time. I mean not personally, but I read a little about it. Seems the same idk. I think Bannon would like to think he had as much influence as he thinks. Trump listens to everyone but makes up his own mind at the end of the day.
He makes up his own mind based on putting his finger in the wind and figuring out what he needs to say to get attention and influence, he was never hard right before, back in the day, Trump was a Democrat, New York liberal, he had no use for pandering to white supremacists, until he did, soon as he thinks they are of no further use to him, he chucks them under the bus.

Trump is all about Trump, he has no agenda other than promoting the Trump brand, and he'll switch positions in a heartbeat, if he thinks it's conducive to promoting himself above all.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
More spin from cornpone rubes who lose their shit for no reason and attack the messenger without cause. /shrug
How many false narratives from your little book are gonna get swatted down right in front of you before you realize you don't know the ring of truth as well as you think you do?
There is no narrative in the book, it's just collection of interviews with the people in the Trump White House, it's their narratives, it's not my narratives, it's not even Wolff's narratives, but I don't think Wolff is making it up, I think the people in the WH said and did all the things he puts in the book, thus I find the book to be a credible report.

You losing your shit about that and running out to rant and rave about it, is mildly amusing, but otherwise of no consequence to me.
That's more nonsense. The dude writes a book that parrots word for word every TDS nonsense narrative out of fakenews in the past two years, and then says he didn't make it up, but just heard other people say it. Bullshit.

What you're asking people to believe is that those in the WH told the guy they knew was an author all this shit, but now all of them are denying they said it after he's printed it. That's idiotic.
Wolff wrote that Blair suggested there was a possibility “that the British had had the Trump campaign staff under surveillance, monitoring its telephone calls and other communications and possibly even Trump himself”.

Wolff’s book also repeated speculation that Blair had been angling to be Trump’s Middle East envoy.

Blair suggested Wolff had made up both claims.

Interviewed on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme he said: “This story is a complete fabrication, literally from beginning to end. I’ve never had such conversation in the White House, outside of the White House, with Jared Kushner, with anybody else.”

Blair said he was alarmed by how Wolff’s unsubstantiated claims had gained traction in the last 24 hours.

He said: “The story is a sort of reflection on the crazy state of modern politics. Here’s a story that is literally an invention and is now halfway around the world with conspiracy theories attached to it. That’s modern politics.”
You're asking people to think that everyone in the WH just happened to be repeating the same fake shit as the media, when they more than anyone else are close enough to know it isn't true, and this author just happened to hear it from them, when the truth is he made the shit up and is shielding himself by saying they aren't his claims, but just stuff he heard from others.
“I never provided questions ahead of time to President Trump and never said I was going to quit my longtime, successful TV and radio career to work for his administration,” Hannity told The Hill through a Fox News spokesperson.

“Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” alleges that Hannity interviewed Trump in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on Oct. 12 after Hannity suggested he could provide the interview questions to the president before the two spoke on-air.
- didn't know Boehner, false

- Bannon made everything happen - false

- Blair's secret meeting - false

- Miller is illiterate - false

- Hannity wanted to work in the WH - false

- Hannity gave Trump interview questions - false

- This is just shit I heard - false

How much bullshit can you shovel before you realize what it is?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm just recounting what I've read in the book, which is recounting what was said to the author, and interpreting it for myself, if you want to argue with what was said in the book, take it up with the people who said it.

You're wasting your time fisking like a little bitch, there's no sense trying to prove someones opinion to be wrong, get a life, dude, I don't give a rats ass what you think about it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I've seen some of his previous platform already back when he considered a third party run and got endorsed by David Duke the first time. I mean not personally, but I read a little about it. Seems the same idk. I think Bannon would like to think he had as much influence as he thinks. Trump listens to everyone but makes up his own mind at the end of the day.
He makes up his own mind based on putting his finger in the wind and figuring out what he needs to say to get attention and influence, he was never hard right before, back in the day, Trump was a Democrat, New York liberal, he had no use for pandering to white supremacists, until he did, soon as he thinks they are of no further use to him, he chucks them under the bus.

Trump is all about Trump, he has no agenda other than promoting the Trump brand, and he'll switch positions in a heartbeat, if he thinks it's conducive to promoting himself above all.
Yet you surely understand the basic tenant of America First has long been his principle. Which is why David Duke endorsed him the first time he considered running. Sounds to me like you and (((Wolff))) enjoy spinning narratives based on your own opinions but to each their own.