THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Like if the people in the WH want to sue people over what is said in the book, they'd have to sue each other, they've got nothing on Wolff, and Wolff says he has tapes and corroboration, and I'm sure he does.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Like I say, I find most of it to be very plausible, obviously people have axes to grind, but that doesn't mean Wolff isn't accurately reporting what they said and did, Wolff would have been sued into the poor house a long time ago if that's how he operated, but he knows exactly what is slander and what isn't.

It's all in the words of the people who were talking to Wolff, Wolff makes no assertions of his own, he's just passing on what he was told and what he saw for himself.
Hostile Witnesses make up a lot of the people he talked to, so obviously, you need to take what they had to say with a grain of salt, even if Wolff didnt have an agenda, many of the people he is quoting certainly do. Don't know why you would be so quick to believe what Spicer or Bannon are saying without a healthy dose of skepticism for instance.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Like I say, I find most of it to be very plausible, obviously people have axes to grind, but that doesn't mean Wolff isn't accurately reporting what they said and did, Wolff would have been sued into the poor house a long time ago if that's how he operated, but he knows exactly what is slander and what isn't.

It's all in the words of the people who were talking to Wolff, Wolff makes no assertions of his own, he's just passing on what he was told and what he saw for himself.
Hostile Witnesses make up a lot of the people he talked to, so obviously, you need to take what they had to say with a grain of salt, Wolff may not have had agenda, but many of the people he is quoting certainly do.
Grain of salt added, I still find it all to be very plausible and believable, there's nothing said in the book that I think was made up by Wolff, if the people in the WH are slandering each other, that only makes the premise of the book even more plausible.

Basically says that the WH is a clown show, and all the people in the WH attacking each other behind the back and trying to take each other down for their own gain, is the dictionary definition of.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Grain of salt added, I still find it all to be very plausible and believable, there's nothing said in the book that I think was made up by Wolff, if the people in the WH are slandering each other, that only makes the premise of the book even more plausible.
You mean the overplayed "Chaos! Chaos! Chaos!" narrative? Seems overblown to me, a lot like Russia! Russia! Russia!

At least there is a kernel of truth to some the Chaos narrative, but the reaching being done by the media is fairly laughable. What makes Wolff more credible on this topic than the Media Wishful Thinking going on?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Ah, I remember when the 'Experts' said the stock market would immediately crash if Trump were elected. :dance:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:13 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Grain of salt added, I still find it all to be very plausible and believable, there's nothing said in the book that I think was made up by Wolff, if the people in the WH are slandering each other, that only makes the premise of the book even more plausible.
You mean the overplayed Chaos! Chaos! Chaos! narrative? Seems overblown to me.

/shrugs
Doesn't seem overblown to me, Trump in fact seems to run it as chaos-chaos-chaos, very deliberately, he's whipping up chaos for its own sake, as a kind of smokescreen, keep the fever ginned up, inside the WH and outside the WH as well.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
You mean the overplayed Chaos! Chaos! Chaos! narrative? Seems overblown to me.

/shrugs
Doesn't seem overblown to me, Trump in fact seems to run it as chaos-chaos-chaos, very deliberately, he's whipping up chaos for its own sake, as a kind of smokescreen, keep the fever ginned up, inside the WH and outside the WH as well.
Chaos kind of implies that it's unintentional buffonery, as opposed to the intentional variety. There is an order to the chaos, so Chaos! Chaos! Chaos! embellishes the chaos.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

The one way that Trump does seem to be like Hitler, is pitting all his subordinates against each other, in order to keep them from being pitted against the center.

That's the Hitlerian aspect of Trump, that's the kind of chaos Hitler sowed as well, and very deliberately.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

That's how he runs his businesses too.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The one way that Trump does seem to be like Hitler, is pitting all his subordinates against each other, in order to keep them from being pitted against the center.
Engineered Chaos isn't the narrative, Uncontrolled Chaos by an unfit President who has no idea what he's doing, that is the media narrative. To the media there is no method to the madness, just madness.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*