NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Leafs sign Patick Marleau? OMFG! Patrick fuckin' Marleau! I love Patrick Marleau! Babs loves Patrick Marleau! I'm sitting out here on the patio and the Leafs sign Patrick Marleau?! Patrick Marleau with Auston Matthews and Bill Nylander?! O.M.F.G.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Leafs sign Patick Marleau? OMFG! Patrick fuckin' Marleau! I love Patrick Marleau! Babs loves Patrick Marleau! I'm sitting out here on the patio and the Leafs sign Patrick Marleau?! Patrick Marleau with Auston Matthews and Bill Nylander?! O.M.F.G.
He's 37 though and biggest contract on the team. You love him that much? You want that San Jose choke voodoo up on your squad that bad? You know you guys are sitting at -$2.4 million in cap space as we speak right?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:48 pm

It'll be fine, it's Babs and Marleau, with Auston and Willy, would I take a 37 year old Marleau over Zach Hyman? Of course, not that we're getting rid of Zach Hyman, he'll be slotted lower down, but Patty Marleau is perfect on the left side with Auston and Willy.

3 years was the price to get him? Yeah, that's fine, Bozak, JVR and Komarov coming off the books at the end of this year, and Patrick Marleau is better than any of them, even at 37, 38, 39.

I wonder of they make Marleau captain? Babs fuckin' loves, loves, loves him, I wouldn't rule it out.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I wonder of they make Marleau captain? Babs fuckin' loves, loves, loves him, I wouldn't rule it out.
Nothing would put the hex on the Leafs faster than doing that. San Jose Leafs for the fail. Marleau has been overrated a long time, and now he's almost 40. Silly deal just because Babs loves him.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Even if you got stuck with a Marleau in aging Jarome Iginla mode in year three, you still gotta go for it, because Babs said "Patty Marleau is a good, good man, if San Jose ever doesn't want him, give us a call..."

Babs word is his bond, when you say shit like that, you gotta back it up, I'm not worried, Babs will get the most out of Marleau, better than anything we've ever gotten out of JVR, Marleau is a mensch, most players I wouldn't sign at 37, but Marleau is a special case, he's like a Gary Roberts, or a Doug Gilmour.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Even if you got stuck with a Marleau in aging Jarome Iginla mode in year three, you still gotta go for it, because Babs said "Patty Marleau is a good, good man, if San Jose ever doesn't want him, give us a call..."

Babs word is his bond, when you say shit like that, you gotta back it up.
Babs is wrong on Marleau. He's overrated always has been, only thing he's ever been exceptional at is skating, and now he's old. Aging scorer for $6.25 million, y'all must have lost your damn minds. It's not 2007 anymore.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Even if you got stuck with a Marleau in aging Jarome Iginla mode in year three, you still gotta go for it, because Babs said "Patty Marleau is a good, good man, if San Jose ever doesn't want him, give us a call..."

Babs word is his bond, when you say shit like that, you gotta back it up.
Babs is wrong on Marleau. He's overrated always has been, only thing he's ever been exceptional at is skating, and now he's old. Aging scorer for $6.25 million, y'all must have lost your damn minds.
You're just a Leaf hater Avtard, Marleau had 50% more goals last year than your bitch boy Duchene, in case you didn't notice.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You're just a Leaf hater Avtard, Marleau had 50% more goals last year than your bitch boy Duchene, in case you didn't notice.
So what? Duchene is over a decade younger dumbass and played on the worst team in the salary cap era. If Marleau was half the price that would be a great signing, but he isn't, so it isn't. Notorious choker that Patrick Marleau, he only looks good standing next to Joe Thornton, but he was Joe Thornton choking on the Sharks before Joe Thorton even left Boston.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm

He'll never be a Marleau, on his best day he's not fit to be Marleau's caddy, Marleau is complete, leader on and off the ice, 6'2", 220lbs, can play center or wing, power play, penalty kill, five on five, whatevs, and put him with Auston Matthews and Bill Nylander? Bet you right now that Marleau scores more goals in the next three years than Duchene does.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Marleau is a choke artist, always has been, long before Joe Choke Show Thornton showed up. Don't snow. He used to real, real fast, now he's not even that. Marleau sucks, his stats are buoyed by a team who excels in the regular season. He's a shit leader, put the C on him, you'll see. He played for Babcock back when he was fast in 2010, and now Babcock thinks it's 2010 all over again. It's not and Marleau was never a good leader, even back then. Maybe San Jose can finally win if they ditch Thornton as well, both f those guys can't win the Stanley Cup under any circumstances, they are too cursed and shit when it matters. No team who has them in leadership core can avoid choking when in the playoffs, that shit is goddamn contagious.

Marleaucancer enjoy! That's one way to ruin your young guys by putting the C on of the biggest chokers from a culture of choke artists and having them look to him for leadership.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*