THE ERA OF TRUMP

Penner

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:You can’t make this shit up.
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....
Scott Adams is going to be a laughingstock for decades.
Not sure if hillarious or terrifying
The picture the book paints of Trump Tower on election night is a fairly desperate and depressing one – but only when it became clear that Trump was going to win. The whole campaign was set up so that it would win by losing: they would avoid the potentially dangerous glare of the press that would come with a victory, and all of the big people in the movement had already set up their new jobs for afterwards. Trump, for instance, would be able to become the figurehead of a movement that would see him as the martyr of the crooked Clinton campaign.

When it became clear he was going to win, however, everything changed. Donald Jr looked "as if he had seen a ghost"; Melania "was in tears – and not of joy"; and Trump went from "befuddled" to "disbelieving" to "quite horrified", all in the space of an hour. And then he underwent the most dramatic change of all: into a "a man who believed that he deserved to be and was wholly capable of being the president of the United States".
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 43136.html

A lot of things in the book seem so plausible. It's not even funny.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm

DBTrek wrote:Haven’t followed the last few pages but let me guess what’s going on here ... Smitty has an informed opinion based on actually reading the Trump book, and StCapps is voiciferously arguing with him about it purely from ignorance and personal theories.

Is that what’s up, or is my two second analysis off?
I don't know what is true in the book and what isn't, but most of it has the ring of truth to me, it's totally plausible and believable, it doesn't even set out to trash Trump per se, it's more about the people around Trump than it is about Trump himself.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Trump didn't do anything without Bannon at first, Bannon was the one who wrote the Executive Order, Bannon was the one pushing the agenda, Trump was flipping around all over the place, one minute he is listening to Bannon and doing what he promised to do, the next thing you know Javanka gets into the room and suddenly Trump is cucking out.

Soon as Bannon is out of the room, Trump starts flipping to the Democrats, because again, Javanka is the Democrats, they are hardcore Democrats, they're like super liberals those two, the guy they brought in to adivise Trump, was Tony fuckin' Blair, what a weasel that Blair is, he's mooching around trying to get in with the Cucks again, just like he did with Bush.
Trump always was a Democrat, He's a fucking New York Liberal, he just hijacked the Republican party. He isn't cucking out on immigration, he was always going to be willing to make a deal on DACA, Bannon or no Bannon. Bannon didn't run the show, he just wishes he did. This last man in the room shit, an overplayed Democrat talking point. Trump isn't a Right-Wing Nutjob, he's just good at trolling the Democrats, but he wants to make deals, not be an ideologue.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:Haven’t followed the last few pages but let me guess what’s going on here ... Smitty has an informed opinion based on actually reading the Trump book, and StCapps is voiciferously arguing with him about it purely from ignorance and personal theories.

What's going on here is these books come out in every administration, authored by some sketchy person who 'Has the Goods'.
It leads to arguing and bitching from Side A and Side B about what happened, biases are reinforced................. it fades away.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:

What's going on here is these books come out in every administration, authored by some sketchy person who 'Has the Goods'.
It leads to arguing and bitching from Side A and Side B about what happened, biases are reinforced................. it fades away.
Yeah, but Trump and his lawyers tried to stop the publication of this book by sending a cease and desist letter. Instead of stopping the book, it was release 4 days early.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Four whole days early?
Wow.
What a truly significant show of ... uh ... something.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, but Trump and his lawyers tried to stop the publication of this book by sending a cease and desist letter. Instead of stopping the book, it was release 4 days early.
They knew they weren't going to stop the publication, it was frivolous lawsuit as a PR stunt maneuver, to diminish the other sides credibility. He's protecting his reputation, he's sued people for saying a whole lot less, if he backs down now, it signals he's gone soft.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Wolff is very careful not to take any position on anything himself, the author does not push any sort of agenda or point, he just reports what other people said and did, he doesn't say whether he believed them either way, he just says "I saw this on this day, this person said this on that day", etc, he leaves it entirely up to the reader to come to their own conclusions, it's not like CNN, the author takes no position, he doesn't editorialize.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 pm

I’m releasing this post four days early to spite Penner.
I hope it stings.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Wolff is very careful not to take any position on anything himself, the author does not push any sort of agenda or point, he just reports what other people said and did, he doesn't say whether he believed them either way, he just says "I saw this on this day, this person said this on that day", etc, he leaves it entirely up to the reader to come to their own conclusions, it's not like CNN, the author takes no position, he doesn't editorialize.
Well that would be wise, but when you are including a lot of obvious bullshit in there, and then refuse to say it's bullshit, it influences the conclusion that most readers will reach in favor of the CNN narrative, even you've fallen for it based on some of your conclusions.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*