Social Justice Warriors Thread

Montegriffo

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 am

See those yellow states, they decriminalised gay sex in the 21st century. Only the black state did it before the UK, all the rest did it in the 70's,80's and 90's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_la ... ted_States
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 am

But did they round people up and force them to take hormones that caused so much testosterone to estrogen conversion that these men developed breast tissue and became so emotionally unstable they risked suicide?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You guys basically murdered one of the greatest mathematicians and the founder of theoretical computer science with hormones because he was gay.
True story.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 am

And truly one of the most beautiful minds of the 20th century.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 am

I've noticed that DB has toned down the "herp-a-derping" hate speech lately. I have to give you credit, DB, for staying on top of current trends in the preferred nomenclature, and in not using your ableist slurs against me (as much).

"Derpy" is verbotten: https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/34645/

The word “derpy” was introduced to us as a pop-cultural term that meant believing in something despite the fact that it has been disproven. A provocative notion, given that our aim was to suggest that while queer theory has effectively undone “sexuality” as a concept, empirical research (even thoughtful, feminist sexual science) persists as if the complexity of sexuality is ultimately map-able and as if the right set of variables will resolve the epistemological differences of critical theory and neuroscience once and for all. …

As it turns out, the term “derpy” has also been appropriated as an ablist slur. We regret our negligence in not figuring that out before the Commentary was published.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:17 am

Fuck I hate "ableist" almost as much as "privilege"
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Taleb takes a stick to the marxist hornets nest in Britain:

https://medium.com/incerto/something-is ... fc9a1f154a

Hilarious.

Lesson: Studying courage doesn’t make you couragous, no more than eating cow meat turns you into a cow. All these intellectuals know is to either shut up or be part of a lynch mob. This explains why all these “classicists” (who know in intimite details what people of courage such as Alexander, Caesar, Hannibal, Julian, Leonidas, Zenobia, etc. ate for breakfast) can’t have a shade of intellectual valor. Is it that academia (& journalism) is fundamentally the refuge of the stochastophobe tawker? That is, the voyeur who wants to watch but not take risks? It appears so.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Google: "We have a turd in the punch bowl. I repeat: we have a turd in the punch bowl."

Exclusive: Here's The Full 10-Page Anti-Diversity Screed Circulating Internally at Google [Updated]
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Taleb takes a stick to the marxist hornets nest in Britain:

https://medium.com/incerto/something-is ... fc9a1f154a

Hilarious.

Lesson: Studying courage doesn’t make you couragous, no more than eating cow meat turns you into a cow. All these intellectuals know is to either shut up or be part of a lynch mob. This explains why all these “classicists” (who know in intimite details what people of courage such as Alexander, Caesar, Hannibal, Julian, Leonidas, Zenobia, etc. ate for breakfast) can’t have a shade of intellectual valor. Is it that academia (& journalism) is fundamentally the refuge of the stochastophobe tawker? That is, the voyeur who wants to watch but not take risks? It appears so.
:lol:

He's been putting quite a bit of foot to ass as of late.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

tue4t

Post by tue4t » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:02 am

Kazmyr wrote:Google: "We have a turd in the punch bowl. I repeat: we have a turd in the punch bowl."

Exclusive: Here's The Full 10-Page Anti-Diversity Screed Circulating Internally at Google [Updated]
I love this, the engineer who wrote it was definitely inspired by Jordan Peterson's content. Good to see that there is still healthy pushback against the slow creep of authoritarian SJWism in these big tech companies.

Also, why the hell is a diversity VP an actual job? Google has too much money...