THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:32 pm

John Ladd has spent his whole life on his family's ranch, which they've owned since 1896. But as a rancher in Cochise County, Arizona he's not just battling mother nature and lost cattle: he's battling illegal aliens, drug cartels, and the US Border Patrol. In this episode we visit John and his ranching neighbors to find out what it's like to live on the US-Mexico border. We hear what they really think of Trump's proposed wall, their frustrations with the US Border Patrol, and whom they rely on for protection. We also hear from the National Border Patrol Council on challenges facing Border Patrol Agents and how Pres. Trump has ushered in a morale boost for agents patrolling our borders.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

@Youth

Have you seen what Google is building in the docklands in downtown Toronto? City of the future? It's a massive development, futuristic city plex, and it's all run by facial recognition, the whole place is going to be facial recognition operated. That will spread like wildfire.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:@Youth

Have you seen what Google is building in the docklands in downtown Toronto? City of the future? It's a massive development, futuristic city plex, and it's all run by facial recognition, the whole place is going to be facial recognition operated. That will spread like wildfire.
I have...

And you're right this shit is coming.

All I'm saying is that getting worked up over the wall seems ridiculous when you think of the potential of that technology.

Which was your point... thanks for making it.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Whoever controls the AI and the algorithms controls the future...

This is the next race to split the atom, or put a man on the moon....

Except it's the big digital corporations in charge....
Last edited by DrYouth on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:@Youth

I have...

And you're right this shit is coming.

All I'm saying is that getting worked up over the wall seems ridiculous when you think of the potential of that technology.

Which was your point... thanks for making it.
I don't get worked up over the wall, it's just a boondoggle, boondoggles never pay, I don't think it favours the right to embrace a boondoggle, it will simply be a cudgel for the left to beat them over the head with later.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 pm

The reasons for their opposition to the wall are as varied as the communities that sit along the Rio Grande. Some are concerned about losing private land to make room for the structure. Others warned that building a continuous wall could cause massive flooding. Still others spoke against the potential impact on wildlife, and the state’s natural landscape.

And many border residents said they had serious doubts that such a wall would succeed in reducing illegal immigration or drug smuggling — the primary justifications often cited by supporters.

Most Texans along the border don’t want Trump’s wall, and many doubt it will be built
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

When the wall ends up being a white elephant eyesore sitting on the desert doing nothing, having cost billions, the Democrats will never shut up about it "remember when these morons said build a wall? What did that get us? Exactly, this is what happens when you vote for these morons"
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:49 pm

StCapps wrote:Kath has the worst Wall argument of anyone except maybe GCF. We don't need you, but feel free to jump in, whenever your laziness wears off. If you've got better arguments than all of us, like you claim, it should be fun.
Muh border wall.

(In the same vein Fife would point at the interstate and rage over “muh roads!”)

There you go.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Kath wrote:
The reasons for their opposition to the wall are as varied as the communities that sit along the Rio Grande. Some are concerned about losing private land to make room for the structure. Others warned that building a continuous wall could cause massive flooding. Still others spoke against the potential impact on wildlife, and the state’s natural landscape.

And many border residents said they had serious doubts that such a wall would succeed in reducing illegal immigration or drug smuggling — the primary justifications often cited by supporters.

Most Texans along the border don’t want Trump’s wall, and many doubt it will be built
Fake news says people on the border don't want the wall? Color me shocked! You fucking believe anything.

Too bad I already posted the video showing the people who actually live there speaking in person, and not some bullshit poll from the same people who said Hillary would win.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:When the wall ends up being a white elephant eyesore sitting on the desert doing nothing, having cost billions, the Democrats will never shut up about it "remember when these morons said build a wall? What did that get us? Exactly, this is what happens when you vote for these morons"
All fun and games, until the bill comes due.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0