THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The drug cartels are multibillion dollar firms, I wouldn't trust the government agents to stop them, they bribe the government agents to smuggle drugs for them, right now, what difference is a wall going to make?

They drive right up to the border checkpoint, the agent waves them through, that's their number one method of smuggling drugs.

They don't risk the load being lost, they make sure they are going to get through, before they even make the move.
The utility of The Wall is irrelevant, it's useful as a marketing buzzterm to sell border security and immigration reform in general, via useful mental image that sticks in the brains of the rubes in the electorate.
OK, but Okie invoked stopping drugs, which, there's only so much you can do, but the drug cartels don't smuggle through remote sections of desert in the middle of nowhere, they come right through the designated checkpoints, in sea containers and tractor trailer loads.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:21 pm

What about the hostess fatty cakes tho?
Man, I just dropped $200 on weed yesterday, so I have to stockpile fatty cakes too?
Shits getting expensive.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The drug cartels are multibillion dollar firms, I wouldn't trust the government agents to stop them, they bribe the government agents to smuggle drugs for them, right now, what difference is a wall going to make?

They drive right up to the border checkpoint, the agent waves them through, that's their number one method of smuggling drugs.

They don't risk the load being lost, they make sure they are going to get through, before they even make the move.
The utility of The Wall is irrelevant, it's useful as a marketing buzzterm to sell border security and immigration reform in general, via useful mental image that sticks in the brains of the rubes in the electorate.
OK, but Okie invoked stopping drugs, which, there's only so much you can do, but the drug cartels don't smuggle through remote sections of desert in the middle of nowhere, they come right through the designated checkpoints, in sea containers and tractor trailer loads.
Well it's not going to stop drugs, it might ever so slightly slow down the rate at which they come across the border, but the issue isn't solved via a Wall, that's for sure. Other measures would be more useful at slowing down drug trafficking across the border than a wall, but these measures don't sell as well as The Wall does, because they fail to generate a powerful image in minds of the rubes that is more appealing to their feelz than The Wall, so might as well use the marketing buzzterm to get the good shit passed, instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Capps on the wall

"It won't stop immigration, it won't stop drugs, it will be crazy expensive, it will be ugly, but, damn.... the sales pitch!"

:lol:
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Kath wrote:Capps on the wall

"It won't stop immigration, it won't stop drugs, it will be crazy expensive, it will be ugly, but, damn.... the sales pitch!"

:lol:
Basically. The sales pitch is all that matters, unless you come with a better sales pitch, than I'm going to stick with The Wall because it sells real border security, better than real border security sells itself.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

It's not going to have any impact on the cartels, they ship in bulk, they can't sneak across the desert, you don't need a wall for that, there are aircraft patrolling the border, if the cartels tried to cross the desert with their loads, they would be spotted and intercepted immediately, they don't do that, they focus on infiltrating at the government level, turning the government to their side, and with literally billions in hand, it's not hard for them to do so.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Facial recognition software will render the problem moot for all intents and purposes, every US citizen will be in the database, every authorized visitor will be in the database, and anybody who doesn't fall into those two categories will be rapidly detected and marked out for arrest.
Why is that the scariest solution I've heard suggested?

What's scariest about it, is that it will almost certainly happen...

The wall sounds so cute and fuzzy after thinking about this.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

3-D chess.
Where the D stands for dumbass.

I disagree with you about the wall, Kath.
But with the terrible job these clowns are doing at making a case for it I’m just going to wait a while to explain why you’re wrong.

Rather start on even ground than in a hole dug by others.
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm

DBTrek wrote:3-D chess.
Where the D stands for dumbass.

I disagree with you about the wall, Kath.
But with the terrible job these clowns are doing at making a case for it I’m just going to wait to explain while you’re wrong.

Rather start on even ground than in a hole dug by others.
Kath has the worst Wall argument of anyone except maybe GCF. We don't need you, but feel free to jump in, whenever your laziness wears off. If you've got better arguments than all of us, like you claim, it should be fun.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Facial recognition software will render the problem moot for all intents and purposes, every US citizen will be in the database, every authorized visitor will be in the database, and anybody who doesn't fall into those two categories will be rapidly detected and marked out for arrest.
Why is that the scariest solution I've heard suggested?

What's scariest about it, is that it will almost certainly happen...

The wall sounds so cute and fuzzy after thinking about this.
I didn't suggest it, it's just what is going to happen, I have no control over it, the masses are voting with their feet, facial recognition is only nascent, and it's already pervasive, I can't stop it and neither can you.

It's simply too easy, like the internet, there's no way the masses will be able to resist the exponential utility of it, and generations coming on now, starting with the iGens, it doesn't even bother them, they embrace it.
Nec Aspera Terrent