Another School Shooting

Speaker to Animals

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 am

It's actually a form of racism to denigrate them like that while we lionize our own tribal ancestors.

What makes Celts, Vikings, and German tribes noble, but Africans nothing more than victims?

Our tribal ancestors were a lot like what you see in Africa. Someday, if we leave them alone, Africans will develop their own unique civilization.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 am

Consider the power of the individual in a tribe. It would be equivalent to millions of votes, in our country. Everybody in a tribe has the chance to be heard, every voice is made clear, before a military action occurs. Everyone is on board, or at least there's a consensus. That invests every member in the action, supporting their warriors.

Compare that to our current situation, in which a gang of idiots decides to send thousands of kids across the world, for no clear purpose, with no clear goal or end point, at huge expense, to accomplish nothing that matters to the people.

Do you expect the warriors to come home to the same reception in both scenarios?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:03 am

Not really. The tribal elders and war leaders make the call. Men compete at becoming great warriors to become elders, or possibly a war leader.

Look at early to middle Saxon period government worked to see the transition from tribes to civilization.

You had petty kings, which were sort of inherited, but qualified by the Wittan. The elders were the Wittan. The Wittan and thanes consented to war during council with the king. That's how our ancestors did it. Only a few voices mattered, and those voices were earned in combat.

If you are Scottish, go read up on how the clan system operates. I am not as well-read on that, but I highly doubt it was egalitarian.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:20 am

The cult of individualism includes distrust in leadership.

Being a warrior means trusting leadership and not second guessing it.

We have lost the idea of this completely... almost universally.

Even on the right we seem to want "no leaders, just leave us alone"... it seems this is one thing the left and right have in common... a deep distrust in any form of leadership...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Not really. The tribal elders and war leaders make the call. Men compete at becoming great warriors to become elders, or possibly a war leader.

Look at early to middle Saxon period government worked to see the transition from tribes to civilization.

You had petty kings, which were sort of inherited, but qualified by the Wittan. The elders were the Wittan. The Wittan and thanes consented to war during council with the king. That's how our ancestors did it. Only a few voices mattered, and those voices were earned in combat.

If you are Scottish, go read up on how the clan system operates. I am not as well-read on that, but I highly doubt it was egalitarian.
The Wittan included ecclesiastics and townsfolk. While some positions were certainly earned by combat, but if you are implying that a voice was only earned through combat, I would disagree.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 pm

DrYouth wrote:
clubgop wrote:That anonymity is false though people say things on that they wouldn't say face to face yet we all know who said it. You are not anonymous on facebook.
Sure enough...
Social media creates ideological silos.
They aren't kin based silos for the most part - so I wouldn't use the word tribal for that reason.
But I totally know what you mean.
Ok I get ya. But tribal term is often used for those ideological bubbles.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:02 pm

BjornP wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Look who keeps crying every time his nonsense gets called out.

The thought that anyone would believe you have any interest in entertaining any idea related to small government, mister unionized fucking army.

:roll:
Always funny to hear a guy who wouldn't have gotten a college education if not for government largesse.
:lol:

What a tool.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 am

After the genocide in Ruanda researchers were astonished by the fact that there was zero cases of PTSD among the perpetrators. Here we are talking about people who hacked to death people they lived side by side with their entire life with machetes and clubs. They couldn't even find anyone with feelings of regret.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:20 am

Hastur wrote:After the genocide in Ruanda researchers were astonished by the fact that there was zero cases of PTSD among the perpetrators. Here we are talking about people who hacked to death people they lived side by side with their entire life with machetes and clubs. They couldn't even find anyone with feelings of regret.
Well, everyone who fought wars before the invention of gun-powder, probably didn't have any regrets after sacking, looting, killing and raping the inhabitants of the cities they conquered, either.

I can't determine if that's the researchers under-estimnating the human sense of rationality, or over-estimating it. Because it's both completely rational to wipe out the competition to your own tribe, but also irrational to reduce the possible number of allies and co-defenders of your tribe if they live in the same place as you.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 am

DrYouth wrote:The cult of individualism includes distrust in leadership.

Being a warrior means trusting leadership and not second guessing it.

We have lost the idea of this completely... almost universally.

Even on the right we seem to want "no leaders, just leave us alone"... it seems this is one thing the left and right have in common... a deep distrust in any form of leadership...
And that is sad compared to tribal warfare?