How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

The Conservative

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am

Kath wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
Kath wrote: This isn't about Obama, it's about math and the entirely corrupt system that was put into place at the beginning of WWII. That's how we got here. This isn't Obama's fault. He didn't help, agreed, but neither did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. on down the line to Roosevelt.
The healthcare and health insurance systems aren't his fault, but your post about how his years saw some of the smallest increases sounds like you are giving him credit for doing something to fix them. He didn't. Obamacare was a play to their base. The poor got more subsidies on the backs of the middle class, the insurance companies got their money like they always did, and the rich liberals got good feelz for saying they were helping all the peasants below them.
No. I have never, not even one time, defended this bill/law. My point, again, is that Obamacare isn't the reason our healthcare costs are batshit insane. That ship sailed long before Obamacare came along.

(You have this idea in your head about what I think, and it's with those lenses that you read my posts, which is how you came to believe I'm defending Obama.)
I said originally during the DC forum why this law was going to fail... and it has followed exactly as I predicted. ObamaCare didn't have the same stopgaps that RomneyCare did.

RomneyCare prohibited large increases in health insurance costs... front and back end. Since ObamaCare became federal law, RomneyCare was gutted because of the stupidity of the law in the first place.

I also warned that after Obama left office, the year after the cost of health care would balloon because that was in the bill. People balked at me because they said it never would happen, or be allowed to. Well, guess what, your fucking chickens are looking for a place to roost.

ObamaCare was the biggest Ponzi scheme ever to be allowed in US history. (and that's saying something since SS and all other things the US government has given thought as social programs now nearly dwarfed the entirely of the cost of ObamaCare, and they have been around for decades.) If the federal government wanted to ever give healthcare to the people of the US correctly, they would have followed RomneyCare to the letter... it had bipartisan support, unlike the ObamaCare Poniz Bill.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:51 am

Americans don't know what good health care legislation looks like, even if it slapped them in the face. The bar is set so low, some of you even think RomneyCare is hot shit.
:naughty:
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

The Conservative wrote: Well, guess what, your fucking chickens are looking for a place to roost.
How are they "MY" chickens? Again, the increases weren't because of huge percentage increases, they were a result of exponentially insane percentage increases year over year, going back long before the ACA.

If you get the exact same percentage rate increase on your paycheck every year, the amount you get each year will still be higher, because your base is higher.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

StCapps wrote:Americans don't know what good health care legislation looks like, even if it slapped them in the face. The bar is set so low, some of you even think RomneyCare is hot shit.
Agreed.
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:Americans don't know what good health care legislation looks like, even if it slapped them in the face. The bar is set so low, some of you even think RomneyCare is hot shit.
Agreed.
+1
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote: Well, guess what, your fucking chickens are looking for a place to roost.
How are they "MY" chickens? Again, the increases weren't because of huge percentage increases, they were a result of exponentially insane percentage increases year over year, going back long before the ACA.

If you get the exact same percentage rate increase on your paycheck every year, the amount you get each year will still be higher, because your base is higher.
That may have been around the US, but not in Mass, because of RomneyCare, they were not allowed to increase beyond a percentage. After ObamaCare went through, those laws were negated because it went from state law to federal, because the federal laws made RomneyCare obsolete... the only thing that stayed was the way we procured it.

Now a lot of states are seeing 50% to over 100% increase because those protections that were in place (and extended till Obama left office) were planned to drop after he left. This was planned perfectly so that this CF would be blamed on the next president, which even Obama knew would not be a Democrat.

To say otherwise if foolhearty at best.

And yes, your chickens, I never supported ObamaCare, you and others did... so yes, your chickens.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am

Oh, RomneyCare sucked... but at least I was able to keep my doctor, and the cost of my health insurance wasn't allowed to increase like we are going to see now.

I know what good health insurance looks like, I used to get it when I worked for school systems... and unions. I paid very little, didn't pay a co-pay or anything for medications except a few dollars per... now it's almost $600/mo for my family and I pay $20 per medication, and $25/visit... $100 if I go to a hospital covered by my insurance...
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

The Conservative wrote:Oh, RomneyCare sucked... but at least I was able to keep my doctor, and the cost of my health insurance wasn't allowed to increase like we are going to see now.
Like I said, the bar is very low, which is the only reason you are talking up RomneyCare to any degree.
The Conservative wrote:I know what good health insurance looks like, I used to get it when I worked for school systems... and unions. I paid very little, didn't pay a co-pay or anything for medications except a few dollars per... now it's almost $600/mo for my family and I pay $20 per medication, and $25/visit... $100 if I go to a hospital covered by my insurance...
Americans pay more per capita for health care than any other nation and they get the least bang for their buck. Like I said, you Yanks wouldn't know good health care legislation if it slapped you in the face.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am

I know a good way to start.
4212E46C-B67E-4528-9390-CD88C86E6269.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am

StCapps wrote:Americans pay more per capita for health care than any other nation and they get the least bang for their buck. Like I said, you Yanks wouldn't know good health care legislation if it slapped you in the face.
Dramatically more. We pay double what many other countries pay. NOT counting the added costs of bankruptcy, personal and social instability and however many hours of unpaid labor navigating the mess.

This should really end the discussion, but people have an incredible capacity to ignore even the bluntest facts.

This issue comes up on a gambling forum I'm on, with people obsessed with maximizing bang for the buck. I'll post this, it will be ignored for a couple pages, then it's back to "I heard that in Canada if you go to the ER with a GSW it takes 20 years to see a doctor" and "Why should I have to pay for someone else to see a doctor?"