THE ERA OF TRUMP

K@th

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:Employers who fail to authenticate an employees legal standing will face punitive fines.
Landlords who fail to authenticate a resident's legal standing will lose their apartment complex.
Government employees who hand out goodies without authenticating an applicant's legal standing will be fired and fined.

Remove the incentive. This "technology" goes back to the beginning of time.
Make it illegal and no one will break the law. You crack me up Kath.
Not what I said. Not what I meant. Quit spending my money for me on shit I don't need. If you'd like to gift us $50 billion, I'll be happy to use it for a wall.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Kath wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:See, when you have saturation coverage, you don't need that many cops, you can get rid of a huge number of expensive cops, because the system spots anomalies, and doesn't bother with anybody else, unless they are marked out for some reason, arrest warrants, etc.
Living in Robo-Cop world will be so much fun!
Already is, this is already happening, when you cross the border, fly, go on the train, airports, ferry terminals, bus stations, what have you, it's already in place, the database is already being built.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Kath wrote:Not what I said. Not what I meant. Quit spending my money for me on shit I don't need. If you'd like to gift us $50 billion, I'll be happy to use it for a wall.
It's good at selling the shit you do need, it's worth the minor expense to sell the rest of the plan. Hell "The Wall" could help sell Smitty's immigration plan better than Smitty's policy wonk plan can sell itself.

It's a good buzzterm to sell the whole thing, why wouldn't you spend a token amount on The Wall, just get the rest of the good shit passed?
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:Not what I said. Not what I meant. Quit spending my money for me on shit I don't need. If you'd like to gift us $50 billion, I'll be happy to use it for a wall.
It's good at selling the shit you do need, it's worth the minor expense to sell the rest of the plan.
I'm happy to have Canada pay for it, since Mexico won't. Just don't spend MY money on shit we don't need.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:
It's good at selling the shit you do need, it's worth the minor expense to sell the rest of the plan.
I'm happy to have Canada pay for it, since Mexico won't. Just don't spend MY money on shit we don't need.
So a minor investment in "something you don't need" to secure funding for better investments that you do need, that's not a good trade off in your mind?

It is in my mind, you just have an aversion to using slimy marketing tactics to sell your border security/immigration plan, so you refuse to use The Wall to help sell your plan, I on the other hand know a good marketing buzzterm when I see it.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:35 pm

The wall is pointless, not needed, Homeland Security already has the solution, they just need permission to deminimize the database and cross reference, and then they'll be able to track 99%, the 1% which stands out in the crowd, they will get arrested and identified.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The wall is pointless, not needed, Homeland Security already has the solution, they just need permission to deminimize the database and cross reference, and then they'll be able to track 99%, the 1% which stands out in the crowd, they will get arrested and identified.
That's doesn't sell as well as The Wall. Spend a token amount on the wall and it gets easier to implement your plan. It's a good marketing buzzterm to help sell secure borders, it's worth building "something you don't need" to get a lot more of what you do need, hence The Wall.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:38 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The wall is pointless, not needed, Homeland Security already has the solution, they just need permission to deminimize the database and cross reference, and then they'll be able to track 99%, the 1% which stands out in the crowd, they will get arrested and identified.
That's doesn't sell as well as The Wall. Spend a token amount on the wall and it gets easier to implement your plan.
Oh they'll probably build some sort of fence, but within a few years it will be rendered pointless, the facial recognition database will make it so difficult to evade the authorities, trying to be a illegal immigrant will be a waste of time.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Trump wants his precious, he should pay for it himself.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
That's doesn't sell as well as The Wall. Spend a token amount on the wall and it gets easier to implement your plan.
Oh they'll probably build some sort of fence, but within a few years it will be rendered pointless, the facial recognition database will make it so difficult to evade the authorities, trying to be a illegal immigrant will be a waste of time.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't build the fence, it speeds up the rest of the process for a minimal investment, who cares if it will be pointless someday? The point of building it is to sell the rest of the plan in a more enticing wrapper, it's a marketing buzzterm, and always has been.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*