How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

C-Mag

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

BS
That's playing gamessage with the numbers by collectivism. I'm talking about what average working, taxpaying people have to pay, not what the average cost is once I pay for a bunch of fucking free loaders.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Kath wrote: The stats just don't hold up. The Obama years realized some of the smallest percentage increases in premiums in a couple of decades. 2013 was a 2.9% increase, whereas 2003 was 8.5% increase. The actual dollars you are seeing represents exponential increases. Look at any chart of someone who started saving at age 21 and how it grows exponentially by the time they retire, even if the growth rate was modest.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-ri ... ts-4064878
You really cherry-picked there. The percentages were going down since 2003, well before ObamaCare came into play. Sure it went down to 2.9% in 2013, but then went back up in 2014 and 2015 to 5.3% and 5.8% respectively. It doubled in 2 years under the ObamaCare rules.

ObamaCare hasn't fixed our healthcare cost problem. It twisted things around and did a few good things, but overall it's nothing more than a new way to scam taxpayers. The ones getting the subsidies love it because they not only don't pay into the pool that is used for the subsidies, they get free money. The insurance companies don't care who's paying, as long as they still get paid.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm

PartyOf5 wrote: You really cherry-picked there. The percentages were going down since 2003, well before ObamaCare came into play. Sure it went down to 2.9% in 2013, but then went back up in 2014 and 2015 to 5.3% and 5.8% respectively. It doubled in 2 years under the ObamaCare rules.

ObamaCare hasn't fixed our healthcare cost problem. It twisted things around and did a few good things, but overall it's nothing more than a new way to scam taxpayers. The ones getting the subsidies love it because they not only don't pay into the pool that is used for the subsidies, they get free money. The insurance companies don't care who's paying, as long as they still get paid.
Not cherry picking; pointing out that the % increase was not related to specific legislation, but because of a bat-shit EXPONENTIALLY more expensive system run amok.

I know how some of you like to put me in a box, but I'm on record going back to 2007 saying the ACA was about the shittiest law ever put into play (excluding slavery, Jim Crow, etc.)

This isn't about Obama, it's about math and the entirely corrupt system that was put into place at the beginning of WWII. That's how we got here. This isn't Obama's fault. He didn't help, agreed, but neither did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. on down the line to Roosevelt.
Account abandoned.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I understand it's the Subsidy

$6 bil this year, WTF, that’s nothing. Apple made $18 billion profit last year alone. Something’s not adding up?
Trunp hates it because its attached to Obama (and he also pledged to repeal it AND to make sure that no one loses thier coverage- and I think he said his would be better). The problem that I see is that people Will lose their coverage because of this but.... its going to be poor people.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Penner wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I understand it's the Subsidy

$6 bil this year, WTF, that’s nothing. Apple made $18 billion profit last year alone. Something’s not adding up?
Trunp hates it because its attached to Obama (and he also pledged to repeal it AND to make sure that no one loses thier coverage- and I think he said his would be better). The problem that I see is that people Will lose their coverage because of this but.... its going to be poor people.
Don't apply psychobabble to this. It's Trump appealing to his base. Like I said earlier, it ultimately backfires because the law says the federal government MUST reimburse the insurance companies 80%.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yeah, poor people dying is pretty awesome. Woooo!
He's literally killing them
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Kath hammered this.

Trump is grandstanding. I've even read that the law lets the Insurance companies FORCE the federal government to make 80% reimbursement after it gets past a certain point. The worst this can do is make premiums go up to cover 20% of $6 billion. Nothing. This won't even have to go to SCOTUS.
Seriously, you are just figuring this out now?
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 am

Democrats suing POTUS for following the law. Want to force Federal Government to pay subsidies.
Beltway Democrats never tire of telling us that Obamacare is “the law of the land.” It appears, however, that their state level accomplices failed to get the news. One day after the White House announced that cost sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurers would stop, Democrat attorneys general from 18 states and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit for the purpose of forcing the Trump administration to pay the subsidies. A federal court has ruled these CSR payments unconstitutional, and the U.S. Attorney General has concluded that they violate the statute itself. Thus, Trump is merely upholding the law.

So, if Obamacare is the law of the land and the President is studiously upholding it, what’s the problem? For the 19 AGs involved, as with Democrats everywhere, it’s all about the Benjamins. If they abide by the text of the “Affordable Care Act,” they will lose a chance to pick the taxpayer’s pocket for $7 billion a year.
https://spectator.org/dems-sue-trump-fo ... subsidies/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am

Kath wrote: This isn't about Obama, it's about math and the entirely corrupt system that was put into place at the beginning of WWII. That's how we got here. This isn't Obama's fault. He didn't help, agreed, but neither did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. on down the line to Roosevelt.
The healthcare and health insurance systems aren't his fault, but your post about how his years saw some of the smallest increases sounds like you are giving him credit for doing something to fix them. He didn't. Obamacare was a play to their base. The poor got more subsidies on the backs of the middle class, the insurance companies got their money like they always did, and the rich liberals got good feelz for saying they were helping all the peasants below them.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Kath wrote: This isn't about Obama, it's about math and the entirely corrupt system that was put into place at the beginning of WWII. That's how we got here. This isn't Obama's fault. He didn't help, agreed, but neither did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. on down the line to Roosevelt.
The healthcare and health insurance systems aren't his fault, but your post about how his years saw some of the smallest increases sounds like you are giving him credit for doing something to fix them. He didn't. Obamacare was a play to their base. The poor got more subsidies on the backs of the middle class, the insurance companies got their money like they always did, and the rich liberals got good feelz for saying they were helping all the peasants below them.
No. I have never, not even one time, defended this bill/law. My point, again, is that Obamacare isn't the reason our healthcare costs are batshit insane. That ship sailed long before Obamacare came along.

(You have this idea in your head about what I think, and it's with those lenses that you read my posts, which is how you came to believe I'm defending Obama.)
Account abandoned.