THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Signing a DACA deal would decimate his base.
Not if he gets his wall. The Wall is more important than DACA, and getting the Democrats to cave on the wall to save DACA, that's a win to his base. You aren't his base, you just think you are, I know I'm not his base, so I don't pretend that the American electorate sees him the way that I do, you on the other hand assume most Trump voters voted for him for the exact same reasons that you did.

Bullshit. With chain migration, DACA means millions more will be here. Amnesty is the worst policy and never works. People will be pissed.
Did anyone else hear that it might be a choice of chain migration or the wall in exchange for DACA?

Getting rid of chain immigration would do a lot to neuter DACA.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Getting rid of chain immigration would do a lot to neuter DACA.
Yes, it would. It's the LEGAL immigration that's killing us.

Gid rid of chain immigration, in fact, get rid of all immigration except for those with an invitation from a citizen, a means of support, and place lined up where to live on Day One.

Also get rid of all Gibs for non-citizens (as a baby step towards no Gibs at all).

Do that, and the "wall" is about as necessary as teats on a boar hog.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:12 pm

DACA is possibly the stupidest thing he could feasibly do without being carted off to a mental hospital in a padded wagon.

He gains absolutely nothing by it and loses everything. The left cannot hate him more than they already hate him, and they call him Hitler precisely because they believe he will carry through with his campaign promises. If he gives them DACA, they will still hate him. If he abandons it (as he should), they will still call him Hitler. But if he adopts DACA, his base will revolt. There's literally no upside to it.

The democrats will never give him the funding he needs to fully build a wall. They will never end chain migration. They will never give an inch. They know that their path to one-party rule is the genocide of the American people through mass migration. They have ZERO intention of backing off on that.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Fife wrote:

Gid rid of chain immigration, in fact, get rid of all immigration except for those with an invitation from a citizen, a means of support, and place lined up where to live on Day One.

Also get rid of all Gibs for non-citizens (as a baby step towards no Gibs at all).

That's pretty much been my stance for several years, but I go a step farther by wanting it to be illegal to hire those who aren't supposed to be here.

I still maintain this will all get squashed like a bug. The big players like their cheap labor.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:

That's pretty much been my stance for several years, but I go a step farther by wanting it to be illegal to hire those who aren't supposed to be here.

I still maintain this will all get squashed like a bug. The big players like their cheap labor.
It's already illegal.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: It's already illegal.
Unenforced laws aren't a deterrent to anything.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:DACA is possibly the stupidest thing he could feasibly do without being carted off to a mental hospital in a padded wagon.

He gains absolutely nothing by it and loses everything. The left cannot hate him more than they already hate him, and they call him Hitler precisely because they believe he will carry through with his campaign promises. If he gives them DACA, they will still hate him. If he abandons it (as he should), they will still call him Hitler. But if he adopts DACA, his base will revolt. There's literally no upside to it.

The democrats will never give him the funding he needs to fully build a wall. They will never end chain migration. They will never give an inch. They know that their path to one-party rule is the genocide of the American people through mass migration. They have ZERO intention of backing off on that.
They might give him what he wants, if he dangles DACA in front of their faces, and he loses none of his base while doing so, if it doesn't work, no biggie, it's all upside. It's either that or the Democrats have to deal with a Hitler who refuses to compromise, so they might just take the Hitler who compromises and is willing to give in on something they thought they'd never be able to save. Unless they aren't quite sure that he's Hitler after all, because if they are sure he is Hitler, then they'll likely choose the later over the former, and if they won't deal no matter what, you just proved to the public that was the case because you were publicly willing to give up something to make a deal, and they were willing to give up nothing in return despite the olive branch.

It's smart politics on Trump's part, whether you can see it, or not. No matter how the Democrats play it, Trump wins, it's just a question of how much he'll win by.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm

There is no wall, will never be a wall. Mark it down.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:There is no wall, will never be a wall. Mark it down.
There will be a token wall, just to say they built one, at the very least. Mark it down.

Will it be as big and beautiful as you imagined during a Trump campaign speech? Not even close, but there will be a wall, across a portion of the border, built during the Trump Admin, bet that.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:There is no wall, will never be a wall. Mark it down.
There will be a token wall, just to say they built one, at the very least. Mark it down.
Yeah, we've got a fence. Maybe we replace a few hundred yards with concrete, to pretend it happened.

Coast-to-coast "big beautiful, physical wall, with a big, beautiful gate best-you've-ever-seen-believe-me"? no.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0