How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

C-Mag

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 am

The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I understand it's the Subsidy
So to make it in Plain English... what helped keep it cheap.

It was never cheap, just smoke and mirrors. Taxpayers paying twice to insure people and fat cat insurance companies loving it.

Taxpayers have been getting bent over on Obamacare. They pay with ever increasing health insurance rates, then they pay again in Taxes to subsidies those not paying taxes.................. Oh, and as a nice parting gift, they get told they are mean, cruel and just want poor and colored people to die.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

Martin Hash wrote:

$6 bil this year, WTF, that’s nothing. Apple made $18 billion profit last year alone. Something’s not adding up?
You're the Polymath, figure it out and Redpill us boss.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:21 am

3 B-2 bombers cost $6 billion. Obamacare may suck but this better just be leverage by Trump, otherwise it’s totally ludicrous.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am

Who truly believes their health care premiums only started to go up in 2009? Mine have been getting exponentially more expensive since the 90s. You guys all just lucked out.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:47 am

Kath wrote:Who truly believes their health care premiums only started to go up in 2009? Mine have been getting exponentially more expensive since the 90s. You guys all just lucked out.
Fact is Health Care costs have risen steadily since government decided to get involved with Health Care as part of the Great Society scam. Obamacare just turned the graph into a Hockey Stick.
PLATA O PLOMO

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am

C-Mag wrote:
Kath wrote:Who truly believes their health care premiums only started to go up in 2009? Mine have been getting exponentially more expensive since the 90s. You guys all just lucked out.
Fact is Health Care costs have risen steadily since government decided to get involved with Health Care as part of the Great Society scam. Obamacare just turned the graph into a Hockey Stick.
By definition, exponential means it grows faster in a shorter period of time. I think the latest failure of the government is just an excuse to blame Obama for something that's been getting worse since 1960.

Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

That graph only goes to 2010, basically omitting Obamacare. Obamacare has driven the costs up for the little guy by over 150% in 8 years, continued on that growth in 2058 the average for single person coverage will be around $2000 a month, or around a 1200% increase. Which is 25% faster growth than the average over the previous 50 years.

I say no thanks.

https://news.ehealthinsurance.com/news/ ... pping-data
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:38 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
So to make it in Plain English... what helped keep it cheap.

It was never cheap, just smoke and mirrors. Taxpayers paying twice to insure people and fat cat insurance companies loving it.

Taxpayers have been getting bent over on Obamacare. They pay with ever increasing health insurance rates, then they pay again in Taxes to subsidies those not paying taxes.................. Oh, and as a nice parting gift, they get told they are mean, cruel and just want poor and colored people to die.
It was cheap that got it from the state/fed.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:That graph only goes to 2010, basically omitting Obamacare. Obamacare has driven the costs up for the little guy by over 150% in 8 years, continued on that growth in 2058 the average for single person coverage will be around $2000 a month, or around a 1200% increase. Which is 25% faster growth than the average over the previous 50 years.

I say no thanks.

https://news.ehealthinsurance.com/news/ ... pping-data
The stats just don't hold up. The Obama years realized some of the smallest percentage increases in premiums in a couple of decades. 2013 was a 2.9% increase, whereas 2003 was 8.5% increase. The actual dollars you are seeing represents exponential increases. Look at any chart of someone who started saving at age 21 and how it grows exponentially by the time they retire, even if the growth rate was modest.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-ri ... ts-4064878
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Kath hammered this.

Trump is grandstanding. I've even read that the law lets the Insurance companies FORCE the federal government to make 80% reimbursement after it gets past a certain point. The worst this can do is make premiums go up to cover 20% of $6 billion. Nothing. This won't even have to go to SCOTUS.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change