Star Trek Discovery

Speaker to Animals

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm

heydaralon wrote:Did they ever address the bathroom situation on Star Trek? Do they shit through a tube that sucks the waste out in space like our own astronauts do, or have they evolved to a place where bathrooms are no longer needed, as every food they eat is 100% efficient and produces no byproducts?

Where do you think they get the material to fuel the replicators?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:11 pm

heydaralon wrote:Did they ever address the bathroom situation on Star Trek? Do they shit through a tube that sucks the waste out in space like our own astronauts do, or have they evolved to a place where bathrooms are no longer needed, as every food they eat is 100% efficient and produces no byproducts?
Answered on ST: Enterprise

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Where do you think they get the material to fuel the replicators?
I'll be damned.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Was that a viewer questions episode or something?
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Was that a viewer questions episode or something?
That series is about our first big adventure into space - it takes place the earliest in the timeline, and it's a great place to start (just ignore the dumbass theme song). It's really fun watching them figure out wtf they're supposed to be doing.

In the episode, the captain was answering some questions from schoolkids back on Earth.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:
StCapps wrote:Well it's the worst Trek series for a reason.

That was Enterprise. It literally killed the franchise for like over ten years and then CBS bought Paramount and rebooted the whole thing. Now we are stuck with the JJ Timeline of "why go to the trouble of creating an alternate timeline when your second movie is basically a remake of one of the best films in the whole franchise and also in cinema history"?
Enterprise was a pretty awesome show, actually. I liked it better than Voyager.

That theme song though... dumbest shit ever.
Enterprise was just a waste of a show for like 2 1/2 seasons. I mean it did get slightly better but by then it was too late to come back from, IMO. Also, why they ever choose that song to play over the opening credits is a mystery to me as well and I agree, it's one of the dumbest shit things ever.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Penner wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:

That was Enterprise. It literally killed the franchise for like over ten years and then CBS bought Paramount and rebooted the whole thing. Now we are stuck with the JJ Timeline of "why go to the trouble of creating an alternate timeline when your second movie is basically a remake of one of the best films in the whole franchise and also in cinema history"?

Enterprise was just a waste of a show for like 2 1/2 seasons. I mean it did get slightly better but by then it was too late to come back from, IMO. Also, why they ever choose that song to play over the opening credits is a mystery to me as well and I agree, it's one of the dumbest shit things ever.
I just listened to the theme song. Five Stars! I don't think I can watch the show now because there is no way the episode will be as good as the song! I would just be disappointed.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Penner wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:

Rewatching it the last few weeks, and I disagree. It's actually one of the most solid shows in the franchise. Everything, from the setting to the props, to the crew being unsure of how to behave... it all seems very close at hand. The plots are solid enough, and it's more serialized than any of them, except maybe DS9. Love it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Patrick Stewart was the best Captain, better than Scott Bakula even.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 pm

I bought one of the Patrick Stewart era Star Trek movies recently from good will. Fucking sucked. I liked one of the more recent remakes, probably not the latest one. That said Patrick Stewart era Star Trek tv is kino for me. It reminds me of good times when my dad would come home from work and my mom got home from work and would cook sphagetti and I drank too much milk. I would lay on the ground in front of the couch while my dad reclined after a long twelve hour day and we would watch Star Trek. Then it was time for bed and my belly ache would have subsided a little. Sometimes he would check in on me while I was reading a book under the night light and just ask me how I was doing and what I thought. Good times.