How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Penner

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Penner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Fife wrote:Their sales pitch is, “If you like your ObamaCare, you can keep it.” That’s nice, but I don’t like it, I don’t want to keep it, and I don’t want to keep paying for it.

Keep a close watch on how many stand with Randy on this one:

Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it
No one wants to repeal ObamaCare more than I do. As a career physician, there are few in Congress who have as much firsthand experience on all sides of the health care debate as I do. I’ve voted for repeal. I’ve sponsored my own Repeal and Replace plans.

But I’ve also led the fight to stop and block “ObamaCare Lite” plans offered in both houses of Congress this year. These have been plans that have spent nearly as much money as ObamaCare, that left most of the taxes and regulations in place, and basically failed to honor our promise of repeal.

Unfortunately, they’re back again, and I must add to the list of ObamaCare Lite plans to oppose the new Graham/Cassidy bill that was introduced last week in the Senate.

In all ways, this bill is also ObamaCare Lite. In no way is it repeal the way we promised. I will oppose this bill as I did the other fake repeal bills, and I urge those who want repeal to do so, as well.

Make no mistake – Graham/Cassidy keeps ObamaCare funding and regulations in place. Oh, it rearranges the furniture a bit, changes some names, and otherwise masks what is really going on – a redistribution of ObamaCare taxes and a new Republican entitlement program, funded nearly as extravagantly as ObamaCare.
So, this is what they are reporting on the Graham/Cassidy bill (and in my opinion, this is another shit bill coming out of Congress):
The bill would first do away with the government’s two main tools for providing health insurance coverage to low- and moderate-income Americans.
And it would eliminate the half-century-old system of federal Medicaid funding, which currently provides money to states to cover poor children, mothers, senior citizens and the disabled.
But it would give states new authority to circumvent many other protections, including allowing insurers to once again charge more to people with preexisting medical conditions
Graham-Cassidy wouldn’t do away with the ban on insurers turning away sick customers.
Graham-Cassidy would eliminate insurance subsidies provided through the Affordable Care Act to about 8 million consumers who earn too much to qualify for the Medicaid program
In place of the current law’s insurance subsidies and the Medicaid funding, Graham-Cassidy would provide states with a set amount of federal money that they could use as they choose to provide healthcare assistance to their residents. This federal funding would then be capped.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:02 pm

It probably is a shit bill. Not sure it could be worse than Obamacare though. Congress is trying to figure out how to keep the payoffs to donors going. Obamacare was good for that.

First step needs to be free access across state lines, no gov enforced monopolies
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:It probably is a shit bill. Not sure it could be worse than Obamacare though. Congress is trying to figure out how to keep the payoffs to donors going. Obamacare was good for that.

First step needs to be free access across state lines, no gov enforced monopolies
I personally think that this will worsen the health care crisis that we already have. More people will either lose their insurance and/or can't afford insurance and we will be back before Obama Care where people were literally not seeing doctors because they couldn't afford even to pay for a simple visit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:It probably is a shit bill. Not sure it could be worse than Obamacare though. Congress is trying to figure out how to keep the payoffs to donors going. Obamacare was good for that.

I personally think that this will worsen the health care crisis that we already have. More people will either lose their insurance and/or can't afford insurance and we will be back before Obama Care where people were literally not seeing doctors because they couldn't afford even to pay for a simple visit.

Somebody needs to sneak in a Medicare provision that puts the uninsurable onto Medicare.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:

Somebody needs to sneak in a Medicare provision that puts the uninsurable onto Medicare.
Bernie Sanders:
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders is making big promises and raising the expectations of liberal voters on health care.

On Wednesday, Sanders will formally unveil the 2017 version of his “Medicare-for-all” legislation, shifting talk of single payer on Capitol Hill from an abstract conversation over whether the government should provide universal health coverage to a concrete discussion of a specific bill. With Republicans in control of Congress, single payer won’t pass, but supporters hope the legislation will increase public support, and political will, for an idea that has long been considered a long-shot liberal dream in the United States.

In an indication of how far the Democratic Party has moved left on health care, high-profile Democratic senators and potential 2020 contenders, including Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Cory Booker, announced they would co-sponsor the bill before it was even made public. The last time Sanders introduced a “Medicare-for-all” bill in 2013, he had zero co-sponsors in the Senate. This time, 15 Democrats are co-sponsoring the bill so far in addition to Sanders, according to an aide.

“Sanders’s bill represents an important shift in where the Democrats have been on health-care reform for the past 25 years,” said Jonathan Oberlander, a professor of social medicine and health policy and management at the University of North California-Chapel Hill. “Democrats thinking of running in 2020 for the presidency will have to decide whether to embrace his proposal or risk alienating Sanders voters and the party’s liberal base.”

The details of the legislation give policy wonks a chance to dissect the latest version of an idea that Sanders has championed for years, though never with the kind of political support it has now. The measure sets up a national health insurance program administered by the federal government. Everything from primary care to hospital stays would be covered under the plan without a requirement for out-of-pocket spending on deductibles and copayments. Access to abortion is also included, which would effectively overturn the ban on federal funding for abortion known as the Hyde Amendment. And patients could still use private insurance programs to cover services deemed not medically necessary by doctors, like plastic surgery.

There is a caveat to the idea of no out-of-pocket cost in Sanders’s single payer system: The legislation gives the Health and Human Services secretary the ability to impose copays for prescription drugs as a cost-saving measure to incentivize the use of less expensive generic versions. The bill also promises to lower drug costs by calling on the government to negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/539676/

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:36 am

Penner wrote:

They probably could afford to go to a routine checkup, paying directly, if they didn't have to pay out their asses for insurance coverage.

I was on the Dan Carlin FB group and these idiots were talking about how raising FICA to 10% for both employers and employers could pay for universal healthcare. For me, that would be over $30k a year going to the government. There's no way in hell that my employer (and I with my out-of-pocket insurance costs) are paying anywhere near that now for insurance.

Rand Paul's 4 page plan was the best thing I've seen yet to try and fix this insurance insanity. The main crux of it was to reduce prices by increasing competition. What a concept
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 am

Penner wrote:
Fife wrote:Their sales pitch is, “If you like your ObamaCare, you can keep it.” That’s nice, but I don’t like it, I don’t want to keep it, and I don’t want to keep paying for it.

Keep a close watch on how many stand with Randy on this one:

Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it
No one wants to repeal ObamaCare more than I do. As a career physician, there are few in Congress who have as much firsthand experience on all sides of the health care debate as I do. I’ve voted for repeal. I’ve sponsored my own Repeal and Replace plans.

But I’ve also led the fight to stop and block “ObamaCare Lite” plans offered in both houses of Congress this year. These have been plans that have spent nearly as much money as ObamaCare, that left most of the taxes and regulations in place, and basically failed to honor our promise of repeal.

Unfortunately, they’re back again, and I must add to the list of ObamaCare Lite plans to oppose the new Graham/Cassidy bill that was introduced last week in the Senate.

In all ways, this bill is also ObamaCare Lite. In no way is it repeal the way we promised. I will oppose this bill as I did the other fake repeal bills, and I urge those who want repeal to do so, as well.

Make no mistake – Graham/Cassidy keeps ObamaCare funding and regulations in place. Oh, it rearranges the furniture a bit, changes some names, and otherwise masks what is really going on – a redistribution of ObamaCare taxes and a new Republican entitlement program, funded nearly as extravagantly as ObamaCare.
So, this is what they are reporting on the Graham/Cassidy bill (and in my opinion, this is another shit bill coming out of Congress):
The bill would first do away with the government’s two main tools for providing health insurance coverage to low- and moderate-income Americans.
And it would eliminate the half-century-old system of federal Medicaid funding, which currently provides money to states to cover poor children, mothers, senior citizens and the disabled.
But it would give states new authority to circumvent many other protections, including allowing insurers to once again charge more to people with preexisting medical conditions
Graham-Cassidy wouldn’t do away with the ban on insurers turning away sick customers.
Graham-Cassidy would eliminate insurance subsidies provided through the Affordable Care Act to about 8 million consumers who earn too much to qualify for the Medicaid program
In place of the current law’s insurance subsidies and the Medicaid funding, Graham-Cassidy would provide states with a set amount of federal money that they could use as they choose to provide healthcare assistance to their residents. This federal funding would then be capped.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html
Won’t changr Mass at all. We already had rules and regulations in place to keep all this BS from affecting us in the first place.

Of course with these changes, does that mean OC is dead?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

#SinglePayerNow

:cry:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:#SinglePayerNow

:cry:
Seriously, do you think that is what ObamaCare was all about in the first place? They knew it was going to fail, and it was going to make Single Payer seem like a wet dream in turn...

You want to fall into their traps, go for it, don't beg me to help you when you get nailed to the wall.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 am

This shit-bird Obamacare 1.1 crap is D.O.A.

Trump is going to get one more chance.

Refresher course on RandyCare:
So, Randy's thrown out a replacement plan.

Some highlights I see:

• Provides a two-year open-enrollment period under which individuals with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage

• Restores HIPAA pre-existing conditions protections. Prior to Obamacare, HIPAA guaranteed those within the group market could obtain continuous health coverage regardless of preexisting conditions.

• Replaces the existing open-ended tax exclusion for employer-provided health insurance with a universal deduction on both income and payroll taxes that would provide the same level of benefit regardless of how an individual obtains their health insurance.

• Tax credit to $5K for HSA contributions, with unlimited and unrestricted contributions allowed

• Liberalizes permissibility to pool

• Permits insurers to sell policies interstate (!!)

• Liberalizes ability of Association Health Plans to be approved AND work interstate (!!)

• Liberalizes states' ability to manage their state Medicaid plans without having DC jamming it all up