Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

DBTrek

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 am

Nothing is as diverse as everyone looking and believing the same, eh?
Two very different things.
Unless you think all people of a certain hue share the same beliefs.
Race and culture are not the same thing.
Unless you think uniform coloring equals diversity, racial and cultural diversity are two separate topics that you’ve ignorantly chosen to conflate:
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Re: Do you believe the world would be a better place if your political opponents were dead?

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:32 am

So Monte is saying race and culture are two different things and DB's saying racial and cultural diversity are two seperate topics. Either one of you mind explaining what you're actually disagreeing about? :think:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Monte is taking issue with me suggesting that worldwide, uniform, light-brown skin tone is the opposite of diversity.

Because he doesn’t understand that uniformity and diversity are antonyms I suppose. Which, given the vast expanse if other things he doesn’t understand, seems a minor hinderance to be sure.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm
Monte is taking issue with me suggesting that worldwide, uniform, light-brown skin tone is the opposite of diversity.

Because he doesn’t understand that uniformity and diversity are antonyms I suppose. Which, given the vast expanse if other things he doesn’t understand, seems a minor hinderance to be sure.
Not at all. I was taking issue with you suggesting that because people look the same they will hold the same beliefs.
Obvious nonsense since you and I are the same hue yet we have different opinions and cultures.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Charles Krauthammer announcing he is terminally ill really brought this thread home for me.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:15 pm

I hope nukedog will handle this loss well.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I saw Krauthammer's open letter earlier today.

He's a political opponent of mine, in some very fundamental ways. But he was, IMNSHO, a very good writer, and one of the 3 or 4 most entertaining hacks that Faux News has ever rolled out on the set.

I'm going to need to wait about an hour and have a couple of stiff drinks before I dare open the twitter back up to see the grace and dignity with which his tolerant and thoughtful political enemies are taking the news.
Last edited by Fife on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Not at all. I was taking issue with you suggesting that because people look the same they will hold the same beliefs.
Obvious nonsense since you and I are the same hue yet we have different opinions and cultures.
You misread. I was simply pointing out the same ideology that wants a light-brown world in the name of diversity is also completely intolerant of any competing ideologies. This leaves them in the ironic position of demanding that we all look and think the same in the name of diversity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 pm

I don't agree with Krauthammer, but he is a decent man. I liked him personally. He would be great in an informal political discussion in a D.C. area pub.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 pm

I love all the colors.