Trump's Positives So Far:

MilSpecs

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's exactly what accounts for the difference. Urban populations have many more people, who collectively pay more taxes than rural populations which have far fewer people. States without very large metropolitan areas don't pay as much federal taxes collectively as states who do possess such metropolitan areas.

You are essentially just saying, wah, my state has more people. Not fair!

It's ridiculous.
If only there was a way to measure the average income for an area and then compare those areas.....
If only those numbers weren't useless by themselves.
Make your case.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:MilSpecs is right. Taxation is theft.
I expect to pay more then someone who has less. I don't expect someone to raise my taxes and then claim I'm paying less.

I would be perfectly fine with a draconian overhauling of the tax code with everyone paying an indexed percentage over a basic COL number and no more wealthy states paying to cover other states. If your state can't afford to pay for basic services then the state needs to change its policies. That includes my state, the king of overspending.
Wealthy states don't pay for basic services in poorer states. NY has sky high taxes to pay for services in NY. No one on welfare in Texas is getting it paid for by NY. Stop with this stupid nonsense.
They free up money in the poorer states, which then goes to services. There is no way around this. Do you not think there is such a thing as pork? Or that pork is doled out by powerful politicians with constituents in their home states?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:37 pm

DBTrek wrote:You know who else wrote books . . .
zing
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Dude, you're just an anonymous guy with an opinion and an asshole.
Well if you want to lose an argument to an anonymous asshole by refusing to engage, because you're rich and therefore I should believe you without argument, then that's on you.
***Strategic Insult debate on hold***

There's this weird thing I can't get a handle on. People like the Pauls have crazy ideas that aren't logically consistent but get followers. They've never done anything close to what I've done, nor been as insightful as me, but I got nadda? The only thing I can come up with is that they appeal to selfishness, and I'm a goddamn awesome simulation author who has to make 1,000,000 line programs run.

***Strategic Insult debate resumed***
They made it the presidential debates.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:47 pm

If we can't have a Death Tax, we can't have anything. <reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

This thread should be renamed "the MTV thread."

:goteam: :drunk:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Fife wrote:If we can't have a Death Tax, we can't have anything. <reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

This thread should be renamed "the MTV thread."

:goteam: :drunk:

Oregon Trail :dance:

My wife still has the kids play that old version in school, they absolutely love it. Plus they've never seen a game where at least the mouse is not used.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:32 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
If only there was a way to measure the average income for an area and then compare those areas.....
Make your case.
Median income in NYC is far greater than that in Texas. Cost of living in NYC is far greater than that in Texas. Taxes in NYC are far greater than that in Texas.

That's why financiers and attorneys in NYC making 500k own one house, while a soldier in Texas making 50k owns three.

80k in NYC makes you dirt poor living in the Bronx, or worse. 80k in Texas makes you upper middle class.

That's why looking only at income is useless. If you came down from your ivory tower once in a while, I wouldn't have to explain this to you.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:34 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
I expect to pay more then someone who has less. I don't expect someone to raise my taxes and then claim I'm paying less.

I would be perfectly fine with a draconian overhauling of the tax code with everyone paying an indexed percentage over a basic COL number and no more wealthy states paying to cover other states. If your state can't afford to pay for basic services then the state needs to change its policies. That includes my state, the king of overspending.
Wealthy states don't pay for basic services in poorer states. NY has sky high taxes to pay for services in NY. No one on welfare in Texas is getting it paid for by NY. Stop with this stupid nonsense.
They free up money in the poorer states, which then goes to services. There is no way around this. Do you not think there is such a thing as pork? Or that pork is doled out by powerful politicians with constituents in their home states?
Horse fucking shit. Your SALT exemptions are what frees up money for benefits in blue states. You can afford blue state gibs BECAUSE you get to write off your obligations to the rest of the nation. That shit's over. Get ready to pay.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Why is Drumpf stealing from MilSpecs?

Why is taxation theft?

Taxation is the price we pay for education of our children to be productive.

Taxation is the result of the things we decide to do together.

[syntax error]

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Make your case.
Median income in NYC is far greater than that in Texas. Cost of living in NYC is far greater than that in Texas. Taxes in NYC are far greater than that in Texas.

That's why financiers and attorneys in NYC making 500k own one house, while a soldier in Texas making 50k owns three.

80k in NYC makes you dirt poor living in the Bronx, or worse. 80k in Texas makes you upper middle class.

That's why looking only at income is useless. If you came down from your ivory tower once in a while, I wouldn't have to explain this to you.
Does the value of money magically change when it crosses the border from a wealthy state to a poor state? (FYI taxes are relatively low in NYC.)

Also, what is it with the Bronx thing? Parts of the Bronx are filthy rich and a lot is middle class. It's not all Hunts Point. That would be like me thinking everyone in Texas lives on a ranch.