Another School Shooting

Smitty-48

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Bluffing your way through as a gentle giant is fine I guess, so long as you don't try to bluff a pit bull, scariest fighter I ever knew, was only 5'9", and he had a thing about tearing big guys to pieces, any who ever tried to bluff him, he made pay a steep price for it.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Manlets are the dangerous ones.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Most of the street fights which I've "won", basically came down to speed, aggression and seizing the initiative; struck first, struck hard, struck decisively, and the other guy was staggered and never really recovered.

A street fight is not going to go twelve rounds, most are decided in the first few seconds.

It's not Marquis of Queensbury, soon as the other guy starts posturing; go, go, go, take him down; over before it starts.

Generally, the guys who get their clocks cleaned, are the guys who were posturing but not actually ready to go, it's not about giving the other guy a chance, if he didn't want to fight, he shouldn't have stepped up in the first place, so skip the posturing and just beat the other guy to the punch.

And; do or do not; make sure you go all in, don't wade in slowly, go for the win in at the drop. It's not MMA, it's not boxing, there's only one round, and it's probably going to be about twenty to thirty seconds long.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:46 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Zero wrote:Thinking about it, I can’t say I’ve ever been in an actual fight. Y’all are making me think I missed out, that I am in some way, untested. Like, can I take an honest to God hit to the face and not get knocked out? I’ve always wanted to try boxing (not the same as an actual fight, I know).

Closest I came to it was a group of drunk frat guys running into my wife as we walked on the street, and I scared the shut out of the guy that did it by puffing up, and his buddies pulled him away quickly. Dunno why really. It was winter, so I was dressed in heavier clothing, and maybe looked bigger than I was?

Being 6’3” has its advantages, I guess.
It does. Nobody really fucks with me because of it and I can't fight worth a damn. Got picked on in school and had to fight then, but that's school yard fights. Me and my little brother used to fist fight a lot, then he comes back from boot camp, we didn't fight much after that. I never liked fighting.
Same. Had one serious fight in highschool, and that was it. He sucker punched me right in the jaw, and I beat the piss out of him. I don't remember more than 1-2 seconds of it.

Generally, it just comes down to dropping your frontal cortex, and going full animal. If you're thinking about technique, you're toast. It has to already be there - which I had from years of Tae Kwon Do.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:54 pm

I've never gone savage animalistic, I'm always thinking, fast flow chart, this is working, the follow up will be this, or, this didn't work, brace, brace, brace for impact, and so on and so forth.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I've never gone savage animalistic, I'm always thinking, fast flow chart, this is working, the follow up will be this, or, this didn't work, brace, brace, brace for impact, and so on and so forth.
I guess that would be the effect of experience. But you can't say that your first ever fight was like that.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I've never gone savage animalistic, I'm always thinking, fast flow chart, this is working, the follow up will be this, or, this didn't work, brace, brace, brace for impact, and so on and so forth.
I guess that would be the effect of experience. But you can't say that your first ever fight was like that.
My first real street fight I never stood a chance, the black kids just swarmed me and I got pummeled without even getting a shot in.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 pm

I was thinking the whole time tho, like, just trying to minimize the damage and get through it, and coming to the realization that my beatnik parents were wrong about kumbaya, turns out you couldn't actually just go to the movie theater in the black neighborhood, without having to run the gauntlet; noted.

I mean, you could in Toronto, but this was back in Nova Scotia; racial tensions were more prevalent down there.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Almost all of the fights I've been in were against guys I'd been friends with for a long time, and went right back to being friends after a little while, or against guys I didn't know, but we were good friends soon after.

Turned out Dad was right about ending up friends with the guys you fought.

Even the barracks brawls ended up with most of us going out for beers not long after. The leadership made sure it was, "that shit's over now. shake hands. you're still brothers." And it mostly was.

Feels like a tale from a history book these days, but I remember teachers telling us to handle it on the playground rather than interrupting class. Which, we did, and it was cool after that.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 pm

There were two different types of fights in the army for me, fights with guys in your own unit, which were like Okee says, like a hockey fight, settle it out behind the woodshed, then everybody back to work, but fights with guys from other units, those could get pretty crazy, and it could escalate to full on formation vs formation brawls, platoons, and even companies going at it in massive rolling rumbles, contacts all over the place, flare ups which would come and go all night, teams of guys out hunting for guys in the other unit, make sure you didn't go anywhere alone.
Nec Aspera Terrent