NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I think there's a deal there for Duchene, and I think it's a good deal for the Avs, just not next year, the deal the Avs can make tho, is one where three years from now, you're like "look at what we got for Duchene, a goalie, a top four D, and a top six winger, three for one, plus ELC's, so we can now go out and get somebody else for that 6 million on top."

Just have to go for the prospects who haven't broke through yet, but who have big upside, Dante Fabbro prolly not, but still a middle paring D, Thatcher Demko, also not, but still a replacement for Pickard, WIlliam Nylander, nope, but still a top six winger who could score 20+, it's all about finding value on guys who are being sold low.
Maybe but the longer they wait the better the chance they only have to give up a future back up goalie, a bottom pairing D, and a third line winger, and all the teams have to be aware of this. The only hope is that some team thinks they are only giving that up, when in reality they really are giving us that goalie, top six winger and top four D for Duchene, and I suppose that's possible, but at this point I've just come to expect the worst case scenario with the Avs and things usually work out that way these days. Bag of pucks or no trade, just seems the most likely, I don't see Sakic pulling off a great trade that I am thanking him for in three years, he doesn't seem that competent and if he somehow is, ownership won't likely let him pull the trigger anyway.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Well, I'm not optimistic, because I think Sakic has a mandate to get somebody for next year, which means he will get something like an Eberle, or a Nugent-Hopkins, one for one, comparable issues, six million dollar player for six million dollar player, but I can see all sorts of undervalued guys in the depth charts of teams, which they would come to regret trading for Duchene, three years from now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, I'm not optimistic, because I think Sakic has a mandate to get somebody for next year, which means he will get something like an Eberle, or a Nugent-Hopkins, one for one, comparable issues, six million dollar player for six million dollar player, but I can see all sorts of undervalued guys in the depth charts of teams, which they would come to regret trading for Duchene, three years from now.
If he trades Duchene for Eberle or Nugent-Hopkins, I might have to jump off the escarpment. Would rather have the bag of pucks, at least they would be cheaper.
:snooty:
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 pm

This is why I would want the Leafs to steer clear of Duchene, because that's how you get burned, you trade away a Dermott and a Kapanen for a Duchene, next thing you know Kapanen is putting up more goals than Duchene and Dermott is playing top minutes with Makar.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Well, I'm not optimistic, because I think Sakic has a mandate to get somebody for next year, which means he will get something like an Eberle, or a Nugent-Hopkins, one for one, comparable issues, six million dollar player for six million dollar player, but I can see all sorts of undervalued guys in the depth charts of teams, which they would come to regret trading for Duchene, three years from now.
If he trades Duchene for Eberle or Nugent-Hopkins, I might have to jump off the escarpment. Would rather have the bag of pucks, at least they would be cheaper.
:snooty:
But bear in mind tho, value wise, Duchene is in the same class as an Eberle, Eberle once put up 80 points, now all he can fetch is a Ryan Strome, mind you, watch them put Strome on the wing with Draisaitl, and suddenly he starts lighting up and gets 80 points, for only $2.5 million.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:This is why I would want the Leafs to steer clear of Duchene, because that's how you get burned, you trade away a Dermott and a Kapanen for a Duchene, next thing you know Kapanen is putting up more goals than Duchene and Dermott is playing top minutes with Makar.
Duchene will bounce back in Toronto though, especially once Babcock gets his hands on him and he isn't looked at as a leader in the locker room. One of the best fits for him to bounce back of anywhere, I wouldn't trust Avalanche coaching to be properly getting the most out of their talent, especially compared to the Leafs these days.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:This is why I would want the Leafs to steer clear of Duchene, because that's how you get burned, you trade away a Dermott and a Kapanen for a Duchene, next thing you know Kapanen is putting up more goals than Duchene and Dermott is playing top minutes with Makar.
Duchene will bounce back in Toronto though, especially once Babcock gets his hands on him and he isn't looked at as a leader in the locker room. One of the best fits for him to bounce back of anywhere, I wouldn't trust Avalanche coaching to be properly getting the most out of their talent, especially compared to the Leafs these days.
Dave Tippett is available, he's the coach I would go after, if I was the Avs, I'd make him Sakic's director of hockey operations too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Dave Tippett is available, he's the coach I would go after, if I was the Avs, I'd make him Sakic's director of hockey operations too.
Haven't you heard? We are giving Jared Bednar another shot, the coach who lead us to a 48 point season, the worst regular season of the salary cap era, because we are retarded and we are determined to lose. Patrick Roy bailing and leaving with his assistant coaches and not a full season to prepare, somehow gets him off the hook. I don't know why they thinks this way, but apparently they do.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Bednar is totally expendable, even Bednar would understand if he got chucked under the bus for Tippett.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Bednar is totally expendable, even Bednar would understand if he got chucked under the bus for Tippett.
I would have chucked him under the bus the day after the season ended, and yet Colorado still hasn't done it, and they continue to express full confidence in Bednar. If it's all a ruse, no one would be happier than me.
*yip*