NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:30 am

Okeefenokee wrote:hundred and fucking twelve degrees here again today. what the hell is hockey, or ice for that matter?
Indeed, I am quite excited that we got Makar at the fourth pick. Thank you for asking.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 am

Okay that is fairly hot.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Phaneuf-Barrie is a sexy pairing, but Chabot-Makar, I almost wish I never thought of it, since it will never happen.
Anything can happen, offer to retain salary would be the thing, money is the big issue for Melnyk, package Duchene and Barrie, but eat 25% of their salaries, ask for Chabot and Logan Brown in return, but it's the Avs owners who wouldn't want to pay.
Man fuck them, they want us to remain shit forever. Pull that trigger, I thought you said untouchable, fuck I'd pay that, in a heartbeat. Ownership and Management can go fuck themselves if they don't see how that would be amazing for us in the long term.
Melnyk would pobably counter with 30% retained, and Avs owners would be like; fuck off, Melnyk you cheap bastard. Avs ownership, they don't care about Chabot and Brown, it's all about money to them, and it's their money, not Rogers and Bell's, rich people are cheap, never think that a million dollars doesn't matter to Avs ownership, they count every dollar.

That's the thing, they don't want a Shanaplan, because people in Denver ain't showing up to watch a team tank, so the owners are hoping they can just do a half assed rebuild on the fly, just enough to win enough to put butts in the seats, it's Harold Ballard Syndrome.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:38 am

StCapps wrote:Okay that is fairly hot.
i feel for nuke.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:39 am

Chabot-Makar
Zadorov-Johnson

That's not a bad top four down the road, and it can get even better if we trade other assets like Landeskog and Johnson to get younger, healthier and better, at that right handed second pairing D. Who needs Duchene and Barrie, plus we have plenty of cap room, I'll take that cap hit. The Sens would do that? Get out of your own way Avs front office and ownership, wtf are you thinking?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:42 am

StCapps wrote: Get out of your own way Avs front office and ownership, wtf are you thinking?
They're thinking if you dump all the veterans for prospects, instead of getting comparable players in the now, the team will get killed for three or four years, and they ain't down for that, that's why Sakic can't make a deal, because his owners want a deal that starts paying off next year, not four years from now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote: Get out of your own way Avs front office and ownership, wtf are you thinking?
They're thinking if you dump all the veterans for prospects, instead of getting comparable players in the now, the team will get killed for three or four years, and they ain't down for that, that's why Sakic can't make a deal, because his owners want a deal that starts paying off next year, not four years from now.
Fuck them, that's a pipe dream. I can't wait for full on rebuild, whenever those fools are ready. The longer they wait the more of MacKInnon's prime they waste chasing mediocrity.

Don't be retarded Avs, get out of your own way and help me, help you.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:46 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fuck them, that's a pipe dream.
Well, that's why Leiweke is a 6ix God, because that's what he said to Rogers and Bell, and he convinced them, because they don't care about money, they care about content for their platforms, so he sold them on; if you want playoffs every year, big tv numbers, with a team of superstars, there's no shortcuts, have to to hire the best people, and then let them do it right.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fuck them, that's a pipe dream.
Well, that's why Leiweke is a 6ix God, because that's what he said to Rogers and Bell, and he convinced them, because they don't care about money, they care about content for their platforms, so he sold them on; if you want playoffs every year, big tv numbers, with a team of superstars, there's no shortcuts, have to to hire the best people, and then let them do it right.
Don't be retarded Avs, get out of your own way and help me, help you. I'll take on the Leiweke-Cruise role.

Convinced yet? Oh wait, they don't give a shit about my opinion and are determined to be mediocre in spite of common sense.
Well, that's unfortunate.
:?
*yip*