Fake News

DBTrek

Re: Fake News

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Furloughed Government (non-essential) workers forced to rely on soup kitchens - day 7 of (limited) government shutdown.

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:51 pm

That sucks.

I heard today that a Veteran with a bad knee was forced to limp around and would not be able to have VA doctors cutoff his good leg out of incompetence.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Man, I kind of like Nixon in a begrudging way. I cannot get behind a lot of his shit, but he is such an interesting dude. Kind of like an uncharismatic Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate. That movie is awesome until towards the end, when it gets stupid and kind of sad. That's how I view Nixon. Like, this is a fun ride, damnit, this ends badly.

Have you read Rick Perlstein's Nixonland? The guy is a liberal dicksuck, but its a pretty damn good book. He wrote one on Reagan and another on Goldwater I want to read. Check the book out if you have the chance. Also, have you seen Oliver Stone's Nixon? It is among my favorite 90's movies, and one of the three Stone movies that are actually good. Watch it if you haven't.

What is your favorite book on Nixon?
I've never read one that I really enjoyed, but I will check out the one you mentioned.

I had a public high school teacher who was super into 1. Nixon, and 2. Civil War reenactment. He had a whole wall of the classroom as a timeline devoted to Nixon, and he made the unit that covered him really interesting, with different takes than the standard.

Been a fan of Tricky Dick ever since.

Public school is a gift to the citizens of this fine nation, and it should be appreciated, and its teachers well compensated. :snooty:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:06 am
assume it's all true until proven false.
Sounds like how a conspiracy theorist thinks. Not my bag.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:58 pm
Clearly you are a "free" thinker unphased by the vast right wing media conspiracy of conspiracy theory. I too am a free thinker. Did you watch that latest episode of Brave New World?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:58 pm
Clearly you are a "free" thinker unphased by the vast right wing media conspiracy of conspiracy theory. I too am a free thinker. Did you watch that latest episode of Brave New World?
Hardly. I wish I were a Free Thinker. I'm a Boring Thinker that always looks for the simplest explanation. I'm an NPC, remember. Not a lot of room for this decadent 'free-thinking' I've been hearing so much about.
HAIL!

-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:34 pm

No you aren't. You are just a front loader for the progressive program and happen to be a homosexual Jew. (That I really like btw.) Remember when you told me decolonization was a mistake? I happen to agree. You and I my friend, we see more clearly eye to eye than most people recognize. You simply have an ambivalence about the future of my race.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:31 am

Remember when CNN "experts" were informing their viewers that those airmen having their MAGA hats signed by Trump were in violation of some UCMJ code?

LOL
U.S. Air Forces Europe said troops holding "Make America Great Again" hats during President Donald Trump's visit Thursday to Ramstein Air Base were not in violation of military rules that prohibit taking part in partisan activities while in uniform.

"There is no rule against Airmen bringing personal items to be signed by the president," USAFE said in a statement.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... 1545952636

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 am

these people can't stop, everything is tainted
Leading journalists will ring in the New Year Monday in New York City’s Times Square as the annual ball drop, watched globally by billions, recognizes journalism and free speech.

The group of reporters and editors will appear on stage just before midnight to push the button that officially begins the 60-second countdown to the lowering of the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball and the New Year.

“In one of the world’s most famous public squares, it is fitting to celebrate free press and free speech as we reflect on where we’ve been during the past year and what it is we value most as a society,” said Tim Tompkins, president of the Times Square Alliance, the event organizer.

TIME Editor and CEO Edward Felsenthal will join journalists including Karen Attiah, Global Opinions Editor, The Washington Post; Rebecca Blumenstein, Deputy Managing Editor, The New York Times; Alisyn Camerota, Anchor, CNN New Day; Vladimir Duthiers, Anchor, CBSN and Correspondent, CBS News; Lester Holt, Anchor, NBC Nightly News; Matt Murray, Editor-in-Chief, The Wall Street Journal; Martha Raddatz, Chief Global Affairs Correspondent, ABCNews; Maria Ressa, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Editor, Rappler; Jon Scott, Anchor, Fox Report Weekend; Karen Toulon, Editor, Bloomberg News; and Joel Simon, Executive Director of the Committee to Protect Journalists, the official charity honoree of Times Square New Year’s Eve.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:47 am