Women & Respect

MilSpecs

Re: Women & Respect

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:53 am

LVH, women don't wear dress clothes to do manual labor. Just like men don't wear ties to do manual labor.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 am

Men don't render themselves unsuitable for labor most of the time, though. That's the point. I don't deny that some men also signal in this way.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 am

LVH2 wrote:You should read Thorstein Veblen's theory of the leisure class. I bet you'd like it. He said the same thing.

I think it goes beyond just work. A woman in heels and so on kind of makes herself a burden. She must always be accommodated. Valet parking, etc. Our willingness to accommodate proves that she's worth it. Also, maybe a little test to see if we'll be patient fathers, or be willing to accommodate her when she's pregnant.

See also, long finger nails, etc.

But, as with many such things, I prefer our side of the ritual. I'd rather pay for valet parking than wear high heels. But then, they'd rather wear the heels. Works out pretty well.
As you say, there are two sides to this equation...supply and demand, or in this situation, desire and response.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 am

de officiis wrote:As you say, there are two sides to this equation...supply and demand, or in this situation, desire and response.
That's your testosterone talking.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 am

Martin Hash wrote:
de officiis wrote:As you say, there are two sides to this equation...supply and demand, or in this situation, desire and response.

This is something I encounter a lot with men. Their identity is wrapped up in how other people assess their manhood, an opinion often formed based on the eventualities of a man's hormones, that it becomes difficult for them to step back and truly look at the situation in our society, especially the relation between sexes, and they just fall back on repeating the duties and obligations to women that other people projected on to them.

This is not how our species evolved to work, folks. You were not put on this Earth to serve entitled women. This is a relatively recent scam perpetrated on western men. Most of the nonewestern world think this subservience to females looks ridiculous, btw.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:01 am

I wear jeans and tshirts to the office. Work boots in the winter. #rebelman
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:06 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: You were not put on this Earth to serve entitled women.
But were women put on this earth to serve entitled men?
Answer honestly.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:20 am

Martin Hash wrote:
That may very well be true, but the conversation so far misses a deeper context embedded in notions of human beauty and attractiveness. Women (and men, for that matter) have been adoring themselves with jewelry and altering their appearance for centuries. When this sort of behavior has been going on for so long, the idea that women do it as a way to avoid work seems superficial to me.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:28 am

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: You were not put on this Earth to serve entitled women.
But were women put on this earth to serve entitled men?
Answer honestly.

Nope. The converse of what took over the West is what you see in the Muslim world.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

de officiis wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
That may very well be true, but the conversation so far misses a deeper context embedded in notions of human beauty and attractiveness. Women (and men, for that matter) have been adoring themselves with jewelry and altering their appearance for centuries. When this sort of behavior has been going on for so long, the idea that women do it as a way to avoid work seems superficial to me.
It's less a way of avoiding work, and more a way of demonstrating that one does not work, or does not need to work.

Another example is tan/pale. When much labor is done outside, it is fashionable for women to be pale. When most labor is done inside, it is fashionable to be tan. Today a woman who is tan (for whites at least) is showing that she as the free time and resources to cultivate that tan.

Jewelry and other fashionable artifacts are a way of demonstrating an excess of resources, but also time, (there'fore the leisure class). The richer you are, the more elaborate and intricate your manner of dress and behavior. Think of all the performances royals go through, or knowing how to use a dozen different utensils at dinner.

This signals that you have an abundance of free time and energy, to learn all of this stuff and put it into practice. This is one reason fashion is ever changing, especially for women, who must read several magazines per month and expend a lot of time and energy if they want to keep up with it.

I think there are other elements to it as well. Regardless of wealth, we have different levels of energy, organization and drive individually. A person who dresses well is saying "I have my shit together." And that they care about and are determined to succeed in the social world.

Women are more socially connected and skilled than men, so being fashionable shows that a particular woman has these attributes.

Women have keener senses. And they have them for a reason. Women shopping, are kind of playing at being gatherers. And if they shop well, they show a fine sense of identifying the right colored things and putting them together. They'll pick out the right fruits and herbs. They'll be good cooks. They'll make an attractive home, and dress the family attractively. We put this all under the umbrella of taste. Going right back to being able to pick out the best berries in the field.