NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Young skating elite puck moving D is the hottest commidity in the league, word is that NJ was even considering trading down and taking Makar instead of Hischer.
Indeed heard that too. Heard everyone and their mother wanted to trade up to three to take him as well, yet Dallas kept the pick and took Heiskanen. A lot of NHL teams love them some Cale Makar something fierce, elite RHD puck movers are at premium, like you always say. The AJHL thing wasn't scaring anyone, from what I gather and I don't blame them at all, the kid is dynamic as all get out, could be the best player in this draft, regardless of position, when it's all said and done, fingers crossed.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:What do you think it would cost the Avs to pry Thomas Chabot off of the Sens? Chabot and Makar would make one hell of a future top D pairing on the PP.
Chabot is untouchable, 'specially with Methot gone now.
Fucking Phaneuf. I'm going to pretend it's all his fault, even though I wouldn't trade Chabot even if they still had Methot, in their position. I just feel like blaming Dion though.
:snooty:
I'm not a Dion hater, I like Dion, I like Elisha too, it wasn't his fault that Burke made him captain, expected him to be something that he wasn't, couldn't get him anybody to play with, and then left Nonis to overpay him... but I'm glad he's gone, with that contract and NMC.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:10 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Chabot is untouchable, 'specially with Methot gone now.
Fucking Phaneuf. I'm going to pretend it's all his fault, even though I wouldn't trade Chabot even if they still had Methot, in their position. I just feel like blaming Dion though.
:snooty:
I'm not a Dion hater, I like Dion, I like Elisha too, it wasn't his fault that Burke made him captain, expected him to be something that he wasn't, couldn't get him anybody to play with, and then left Nonis to overpay him... but I'm glad he's gone, with that contract and NMC.
It's fake hatred on my end I assure you. I like Dion too, I just like to pretend that I don't sometimes. I agree with your assessment 100%. Plus I always have a soft spot in my heart for him because he single handedly took Ovechkin out of that WJC Gold Medal game with his badassery.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 am

:lol:

I found the canooks.

They're in here.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 am

Okeefenokee wrote::lol:

I found the canooks.

They're in here.
What's that about Cale Makar? Or should I say Brooks Makar?

*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 am

Know what tho, Dion with Tyson Barrie? Wouldn't give up Chabot, but that would be a nice top four for Ottawa, Karlsson-Ceci, Phaneuf-Barrie.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:21 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Know what tho, Dion with Tyson Barrie? Wouldn't give up Chabot, but that would be a nice top four for Ottawa, Karlsson-Ceci, Phaneuf-Barrie.
Phaneuf-Barrie is a sexy pairing, but Chabot-Makar, I almost wish I never thought of it, since it will never happen, and now I have it in the back of my mind teasing me. In NHL 18' though, I could pull that trade off, no problem. At least it can happen in a video game.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:26 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Know what tho, Dion with Tyson Barrie? Wouldn't give up Chabot, but that would be a nice top four for Ottawa, Karlsson-Ceci, Phaneuf-Barrie.
Phaneuf-Barrie is a sexy pairing, but Chabot-Makar, I almost wish I never thought of it, since it will never happen.
Anything can happen, offer to retain salary would be the thing, money is the big issue for Melnyk, package Duchene and Barrie, but eat 25% of their salaries, ask for Chabot and Logan Brown in return, but it's the Avs owners who wouldn't want to pay.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:28 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Phaneuf-Barrie is a sexy pairing, but Chabot-Makar, I almost wish I never thought of it, since it will never happen.
Anything can happen, offer to retain salary would be the thing, money is the big issue for Melnyk, package Duchene and Barrie, but eat 25% of their salaries, ask for Chabot and Logan Brown in return, but it's the Avs owners who wouldn't want to pay.
Man fuck them, they want us to remain shit forever. Pull that trigger, I thought you said untouchable, fuck I'd pay that, in a heartbeat. Ownership and Management can go fuck themselves if they don't see how that would be amazing for us in the long term. I don't care who has to bend who's arm, make it happen.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:29 am

hundred and fucking twelve degrees here again today. what the hell is hockey, or ice for that matter?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751