NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, I already knew that was fake news, but Fabbro is in college, Preds think they are close, so that's more realistic, and Fabbro is like an RHD version of Hampus Lindholm, so not as close as a Hanafin, but when he arrives he's going to be good.

Then, as you say, Tolvanen is a steal at 30th, the Finnish Tarasenko, but Landeskog is what the Preds need right now, to replace Neal, he's not as offensive, but like you always point out, a Swede who plays like a Canadian power forward, playoff ready right now, he'd be a horse, if the Preds think they're going deep again.

Gonna take another 1st next year plus take Sodeberg, but Sodeberg is also a playoff ready veteran, and you're getting both Duchene and Landeskog.

I think that's fair for both parties.
Sounds like a hockey trade, the kind that Sakic and the Avs have been alergic to for years. I trust Poile to see the light, Sakic on the other hand.....

Conor Timmins is still on the board, Isaac Ratcliffe too, if we don't move the pick I'd take one of them, or Nick Hague. All seem like good options at #32 for the Avs. I'd prefer Hague to Timmins because he's a left shot and we already have lots of good right handed D, especially if we trade for Fabbro,
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Nick Hague, meh, skating is an issue, to think that I was bracing for Nick Hague, and instead Liljegren dropped. Skating is everything these days, just because Hague is 6'6", that don't make him Hedman.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Nick Hague, meh, skating is an issue, to think that I was bracing for Nick Hague, and instead Liljegren dropped. Skating is everything these days, just because Hague is 6'6", that don't make him Hedman.
I know but is there a better left shot defensemen left on the board you would rather take? Would you take Timmins even though the Avs have a much bigger hole at LHD? Take a forward? Go a little off the board and draft Petruzelli? Trade down and load up on picks? How would you play it?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Nick Hague, meh, skating is an issue, to think that I was bracing for Nick Hague, and instead Liljegren dropped. Skating is everything these days, just because Hague is 6'6", that don't make him Hedman.
I know but is there a better left shot defensemen left on the board you would rather take? Would you take Timmins even though the Avs have a much bigger hole at LHD? Take a forward, like Ratcliffe? Go a little off the board and draft Petruzelli? Trade down and load up on picks? How would you play it?
You could take a go at Hague, at that size with that shot, there is upside, he uses his size on the kids in the OHL, I just think he's going to get beat in the NHL, but he says he's going to college to get a degree, so in four years, who knows, but then he's a free agent.

Ratcliffe is a big boy too, probably going to be in your line up sooner than Hague would be. As for a Goalie, I thought you liked Oettinger? Stay away from my Petruzzelli.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Ratcliffe is a big boy too, probably going to be in your line up sooner than Hague would be. As for a Goalie, I thought you liked Oettinger? Stay away from my Petruzzelli.
Jake Oettinger went in the first round captain pays attention. 26th Overall, Stars took him with their second first round pick, or I would consider taking him instead.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm

I only perk up when the Leafs are picking, I listen to it all over again on TSN Overdrive with Hayes, Noodles and the O-Dog for details.

Oettinger's gone, eh? Shit, no way Petruzzelli gets to 59th then, how about trading down to the Leafs so we can get our goalie? What do you want to swap picks?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I only perk up when the Leafs are picking, I listen to it all over again on TSN Overdrive with Hayes, Noodles and the O-Dog for details.

Oettinger's gone, eh? Shit, no way Petruzelli gets to 59th then, how about trading down to the Leafs so we can get our goalie? What do you want to swap picks?
A swap of second rounders and a third or fourth rounder, in whatever year, would probably do it no? Got something more creative in mind? A prospect you wouldn't mind throwing in to move up in the second while not give up an extra draft pick? I know you guys want to hold onto picks, but we need them bad, so I'd prefer to get an extra draft pick out of it.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I only perk up when the Leafs are picking, I listen to it all over again on TSN Overdrive with Hayes, Noodles and the O-Dog for details.

Oettinger's gone, eh? Shit, no way Petruzelli gets to 59th then, how about trading down to the Leafs so we can get our goalie? What do you want to swap picks?
A swap of second rounders and a third or fourth rounder, in whatever year, would probably do it no? Got something more creative in mind? A prospect you wouldn't mind dumping to move up in the second?
I'd do it, don't know what Shanny-Lou would say, but I think Petruzzelli has big upside; 6'6" Matt Murray, depends on the prospect if that was the ask, certainly willing to add a pick to swap a pick tho, like, it's basically a late 1st rounder, so I would demand a 2nd and 3rd if I were you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

A swap of second rounders and a third or fourth rounder, in whatever year, would probably do it no? Got something more creative in mind? A prospect you wouldn't mind dumping to move up in the second?
I'd do it, don't know what Shanny-Lou would say, but I think Petruzzelli has big upside; 6'6" Matt Murray, depends on the prospect if that was the ask, certainly willing to add a pick to swap a pick tho, like, it's basically a late 1st rounder, so I would demand a 2nd and 3rd if I were you.
Another second rounder? That would be a sweet grab.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 pm

2017 NHL Draft - Day One Recap
*yip*