The Mess

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Mess

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Its not about feeling safe. That something cowardly bitches like you and GCF wont undetstand.

Its about having the right tool for the job.
A job that you don't have and 99% likely never will.
Well I did have the job. Being a hated veteran that you think will blindly follow you when you order me to murder my fellow Americans for a constitutional right. Also with a family and kids I have a duty to protect them. I know you dont take that seriously because you a coward but those the brakes.
I take it very seriously. That's why I don't leave a dangerous weapon in my home. There are other ways to defend the home, if you're not too lazy to leave the couch.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:54 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Well I did have the job. Being a hated veteran that you think will blindly follow you when you order me to murder my fellow Americans for a constitutional right. Also with a family and kids I have a duty to protect them. I know you dont take that seriously because you a coward but those the brakes.
I take it very seriously. That's why I don't leave a dangerous weapon in my home. There are other ways to defend the home, if you're not too lazy to leave the couch.
So, you think the millions of gun owners in the US are leaving their guns lying around for any little kid to grab? You'd think such a thing would result in millions of dead kids. Either kids are more high speed than you give them credit for, or most gun owners aren't leaving their guns laying around. It's one or the other, but what it isn't is a state where millions of gun owners owning weapons is resulting in millions of kids being killed.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
So no buckets, bathtubs, power tools, electrical outlets, and myriad other things that injure children in far higher numbers than firearms. So you keep your child naked in a rubber room all day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:39 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
So no buckets, bathtubs, power tools, electrical outlets, and myriad other things that injure children in far higher numbers than firearms. So you keep your child naked in a rubber room all day.

Depends on the kind of rubber material. You'd have to consult the State of California's cautions about the hazards of that product first.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:03 am

TLDR it all causes cancer
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:50 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
All outlets and cabinets are locked, no buckets or power tools in the house that I'm aware of, and I watch him like a hawk most of the time.

That said, sure - in theory the 9-year old could grab a knife and cut himself, but I've made it quite clear how to handle them safely, and the consequences of me seeing him not do so. I'm quite confident that I could stop him in time before he hurts himself, but not bullet-fast.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:09 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
All outlets and cabinets are locked, no buckets or power tools in the house that I'm aware of, and I watch him like a hawk most of the time.

That said, sure - in theory the 9-year old could grab a knife and cut himself, but I've made it quite clear how to handle them safely, and the consequences of me seeing him not do so. I'm quite confident that I could stop him in time before he hurts himself, but not bullet-fast.
They invent new ways to try to kill themselves. But no matter, if I can keep a knife out of reach, I can keep a weapon out of reach. I really like trigger locks, but a good gun safe is pretty cheap.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:21 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:

They invent new ways to try to kill themselves. But no matter, if I can keep a knife out of reach, I can keep a weapon out of reach. I really like trigger locks, but a good gun safe is pretty cheap.
Absolutely. So how do so many teens and preteens get ahold of guns?

And how many are hit by crossfire every year in the streets?

And how many are shooting each other intentionally?

Those numbers are large - far larger than I am willing to accept.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:26 pm

The kids are alright. Stop being a helicopter mother or your kid is gonna live with you until he's thirty.
An average of 16,375 teenagers 12-19 years died in the United States every year from 1999 to 2006. This is less than 1 percent of all deaths that occur every year in the United States.

The five leading causes of death among teenagers are Accidents (unintentional injuries), homicide, suicide, cancer, and heart disease. Accidents account for nearly one-half of all teenage deaths.

As a category of accidents, motor vehicle fatality is the leading cause of death to teenagers, representing over one-third of all deaths.

Among teenagers, non-Hispanic black males have the highest death rate (94.1 deaths per 100,000 population).

Homicide is the leading cause of death for non-Hispanic black male teenagers. For all other groups, accident is the leading cause.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db37.htm
The largest killer of teens is car wrecks, and that only makes up one third of one percent of all deaths every year. Buncha panic monkeying goin' on in here.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Absolutely. So how do so many teens and preteens get ahold of guns?
Bad parenting.