"If minimum wage goes up, the price of everything goes up."

Fife

Re: "If minimum wage goes up, the price of everything goes up."

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Zlaxer wrote:Lolz....Sometimes you show your age.......
Lolz....All the time you show yours.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Fife wrote:

True - Guess we'll see which one of us changes their tune on this issue over time....

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
DBTrek wrote: And fourth . . . (in addition to your excellent points), how is "Free housing and food money for all citizens without restriction" a sustainable platform? It can be overpowered both by a positive birth rate and a positive immigration rate. And really, once one country is paying for everyone's food and housing, who *isn't* going to immigrate there? The entire third world and several parts of the first world are going to hop that gravy train with a quickness, believe that.

What do you intend to do with the masses who are slowing being rendered economically worthless?
Much of that rendering is done to enrich corporations. And much of the housing shortages are likewise.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fife wrote:

True - Guess we'll see which one of us changes their tune on this issue over time....
Touche.... but I was just kidding around.

BTW, you went long on MCD like I said, right? https://www.google.com/search?q=stock+M ... 8&oe=utf-8

$15 minimum wage is the best thing to ever happen to MCD.

http://www.investors.com/politics/edito ... kes-again/

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:44 pm

i hear those burger flippers can just get jobs as burger robot repairmen. easy peasy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
where "we" set it

Where do "we" set the price of cheeseburgers?

Where do "we" set the price of pedicures?

I've been pretty busy all day... it's glad to see that some of you oldies can still tee off when an OP is set up nice and pretty for you.

Rock on! :goteam: :drunk:

Cheeseburgers should be $0.05.

Minimum wage should be $29.99 / hour.
Might be illegal:
Q: The gas station down the street offers a discount program that gives members cents off every gallon purchased. I can't match those prices because they are below my costs. If I try to compete at those prices, I will go out of business. Isn't this illegal?

A: Pricing below a competitor's costs occurs in many competitive markets and generally does not violate the antitrust laws. Sometimes the low-pricing firm is simply more efficient. Pricing below your own costs is also not a violation of the law unless it is part of a strategy to eliminate competitors, and when that strategy has a dangerous probability of creating a monopoly for the discounting firm so that it can raise prices far into the future and recoup its losses. In markets with a large number of sellers, such as gasoline retailing, it is unlikely that one company could price below cost long enough to drive out a significant number of rivals and attain a dominant position.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competi ... below-cost
But not. There is no monopoly on cheeseburgers dipshit. And gas are you kidding, that is a loss leader. They'll take a loss on that gas because they are making up to 40% profit on that cup of coffee.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 am

No wonder our market is so fucked up.

A seller should be able to price its wares at whatever price it wants. If a gas station/convenience store makes all its money on Slurpees and Snickers bars, sell gas at $0.50/gallon. Then the consumers win.

This is why Amazon is so successful, they sell virtually everything and at a lower price than anywhere else.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 am

Fife wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Fife wrote:

Touche.... but I was just kidding around.

BTW, you went long on MCD like I said, right? https://www.google.com/search?q=stock+M ... 8&oe=utf-8

$15 minimum wage is the best thing to ever happen to MCD.

http://www.investors.com/politics/edito ... kes-again/

So - what's you plan to prevent an increase in "wildings"? Minority youth are going to have more free time to become aspiring artists.....

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 am

If it were up to me, they would be perfectly permitted to sell their labor at any price per hour they are willing to accept.

At the FAKE WAGE of $15 (or $7.25, or whatever), they are pushed into "wilding" land.

I guess if the nanny-nanny-boo-boos want to compel a minimum FAKE WAGE, then they should figure out how to compel someone to actually hire them.

Sounds like an awesome "public works" opportunity, because MCD's shareholders and customers DGAF. Broken windows, everywhere. :goteam:

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 am

clubgop wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Cheeseburgers should be $0.05.

Minimum wage should be $29.99 / hour.
Might be illegal:
Q: The gas station down the street offers a discount program that gives members cents off every gallon purchased. I can't match those prices because they are below my costs. If I try to compete at those prices, I will go out of business. Isn't this illegal?

A: Pricing below a competitor's costs occurs in many competitive markets and generally does not violate the antitrust laws. Sometimes the low-pricing firm is simply more efficient. Pricing below your own costs is also not a violation of the law unless it is part of a strategy to eliminate competitors, and when that strategy has a dangerous probability of creating a monopoly for the discounting firm so that it can raise prices far into the future and recoup its losses. In markets with a large number of sellers, such as gasoline retailing, it is unlikely that one company could price below cost long enough to drive out a significant number of rivals and attain a dominant position.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competi ... below-cost
But not. There is no monopoly on cheeseburgers dipshit. And gas are you kidding, that is a loss leader. They'll take a loss on that gas because they are making up to 40% profit on that cup of coffee.
Yea,but you just wait and see what happens to hamburger prices once the SJW crowd gets UBI for cows passed. :twisted: